Episode 2: The Dead

Episode 2: The Dead

A Chapter by Xerclipse
"

This is the big confrontation between father and son. What can the darkness do to him from here? How will he survive?

"

Scene 1

 

The scene picks off where Nathan walks in the rain. There is a man walking behind him with a bullet wound through his chest. There is also a little girl with her neck twisted and her feet broken that stares at Nathan.  He ignores their existence and continues to walk.

 

Girl: Do you want to know what it's like to fly?

 

Nathan: No, because you fell and died. Why should I learn from you when you clearly failed?

 

The girl begins to cry as Nathan walks away coldly.

 

Krotus: Aaawwww thats not very nice of you Nathan. You should apologize.

 

Nathan: She's dead.

 

Krotus: Well that's exactly what makes it worse. The world cannot afford any angry ghosts. The demons are just devouring the fallen souls instead of having them roam around peacefully. Besides you have a wonderful gift. Don't you want to see beyond what other mortals see. After all you are an immortal now that you own the mask. We are the angels Nathan..so......

 

Nathan: Another word from you and I will slice that wire off.

 

Krotus: (whispering) Okay Nathan.

 

Nathan then walks back home. He opens the door and his back pack holding the eggs and milk. Nathan then sits on the couch all wet. His face reflects his exhaustion. When Nathan grabs the TV remote, he sees his father holding his shotgun and pointing it at Nathan. The father takes one drink from the beer bottle and throws it onto the ground.

 

 

Father: (talking lazy) You, why was it you instead of him.

 

 

Nathan: Dad....put....the...gun...down!

 

Father: You are just scum. You are the reason for this all. What in the hell are you.... MY SON!!! MY ONLY GOD DAMN SON!!

 

Nathan: Dad....put it down!

 

Father: GET UP YOU SCUM!

 

Nathan gets up with his hands up. The father loses some balance as he holds his gun. Nathan tries to hold his breath as he stares at the end of the shotgun.

 

Father: Now boy....I best tell you this.....about your mother!

 

Nathan: (looks directly at the father's eyes) She's dead!

 

Father: (drooling and sweating) NO SHE ISN'T AND THAT'S WHAT I TOLD YOU BOY!

 

Nathan: Where is she?

 

Nathan walks backwards as the father advances.

 

Father: Why does it matter?

 

Nathan: WHERE IS SHE DAD?? WHERE?

 

The father then begins to laugh and cough more.

 

Father: (laughing) She is at the damn nuthouse! She can't dress herself...she is a walking dummy!

 

Nathan: What?

 

The father hits Nathan with the butt of the gun.

 

Father: DON'T YOU GET IT...IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT YOU SCUM!! I REMEMBER THAT NIGHT! YOU KEPT ON BEING SCARED OF THE GOD DAMN GHOSTS THAT DON'T EXIST! THE DEAD IS DEAD...SO IS YOUR MOTHER...BUT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR MOTHER AND A CORPSE IS THAT SHE STILL HAS A PUMPING HEART. OTHER THAN THAT SHE IS ONLY AN EMPTY SHELL! THEY RAISE HER LIKE SOME PIG NOW AS YOU ARE ABOUT TO DIE!

 

Nathan then begins to feel negative emotion. His tears start to drip.

 

Nathan: Mother....!

 

Father: YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CALL HER YOUR MOTHER, OR ME YOUR FATHER. NOT EVEN MY REAL SON VICTOR!!! YOU ARE A MISTAKE IN OUR FAMILY YOU SCUM!

 

When the thunder sound shakes the house. Nathan kicks the shotgun away, and tackles the father. He punches his father's face. The father kicks Nathan in the gut and grabs him. He throws him onto the TV. Nathan then gets up and finds a crucifix in the dining room. The father picks up his shotgun and fires it. Nathan takes cover from the fire behind the fridge. Nathan grabs a butcher knife and throws it at the father's left thigh. The father falls onto the ground as Nathan leaps onto his fallen father with the crucifix.

 

Father: (in pain) NATHAN...NO!!!

 

Nathan hits the father's face with the crucifix. He then slams it many times on the father's face over and over again. The father's eyes are now bloody. The raindrop impacting the ceiling can be heard from above. When Nathan gets tired of beating his father, the father still breathes. The father then grabs the crucifix and throws it away. Nathan rushes to his backpack, pulls out the mask and puts it on. His clothes begin to change into the black gothic pentagram jacket after he puts on the mask which suprises the father.

 

Father: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU?

 

Nathan pulls out his katana and slices the father's bowels. The blood splatters onto Nathan's body. His mask has alot of blood painted by the splatter. Nathan kneels down crying heavily now.

 

Nathan: (crying) FATHER.....WHY!

 

Nathan then gets up and looks out the window with the blood over his mask. He hears Rasku's voice laughing in joy.

 

Scene 2

 

Rasku comes from a portal that is in the dining room. He walks slowly to the father's dead body.

 

Rasku: (in happiness) Uh oh, what did you do here? That's not very nice of you. You've been a bad boy.

 

Nathan does not answer. 

 

Rasku: Little Nathan, didn't I say whenever you wear the mask, you won't ever cry!

 

Nathan pulls out his katana and slices the couch in half. He slices the other furniture and ornaments in the house. Rasku laughs in joy as he watches. Nathan's rage gets the best of his integrity.

 

Rasku: (smiling) THAT'S MY BOY....THAT'S MY BOY! NOW YOU BETTER KEEP THAT MASK ON! DOESN'T IT MAKE YOU STRONGER! ANGER AND PAIN IS YOUR KEY SOURCE...YES...YYEEESS!!

 

Nathan then steps on his father multiple times. Rasku walks up to Nathan holding a crystal ball.

 

Rasku: Little Nathan.....Do you miss your family?

 

Nathan: I HAVE NO FAMILY!!

 

Rasku: Try to remember what happened in twelve years ago. They all cannot touch reality right now....but, what about Victor.

 

Nathan stops stepping on his father. He then stares into the crystal ball that Rasku holds up.

 

Rasku: Yyyeeessss. Your big brother.

 

The cyrstal ball shows Victor as a child. The image ages into Victor being a seventeen year old.

 

Nathan: Victor.

 

Rasku: I can take you to the other world little Nathan. Your brother would love to see you! In fact, we all do. Now it's your turn!

 

Nathan: What did you do to him?

 

Rasku: Oh, we made him a much happier person. Come on little Nathan, we both know that this world hurts people. Even after death, you can see the ghosts being lonely souls. In our world, we all are happy.

 

Rasku's cyrstal ball dissappears. It then forms into a portal that lands on the ground. Nathan looks into the dark void as he hears the police sirens from the window.

 

Rasku: Those humans are going to take you away, and lock you away like an animal. Just like your insane mother!

 

Nathan looks outside and sees the police men.

 

Police man: Step out of the house now!

 

Rasku: Here is your only chance little Nathan. It's now or never. If you stay here, you will die slowly with chains breaking your flesh!

 

Nathan looks back into the portal. Police men begin to enter in the house. Nathan pulls out his katana and dismembers each police man. The head and limbs fly across the house. The blood paints the door and porch. The squad pulls out their guns. Nathan then runs back to the portal and then jumps through it. He finds himself sinking in the dark abyss. He then hears screams and agony as he descends into the black hole. When he finds light underneath him, he falls through it and lands harshly on a surface. It reveals to be the same house he is in but without the father's dead body and dead police men. Nathan then walks around the house seeing that all the furniture and objects are back in place.

 

Nathan: Where...am I?

 

Rasku: (teleporting from the ground) That is something that you should know Nathan. This place is designed for you and your brother. Now look out there.

 

Nathan exits out of the house and sees the land far away which is a big castle. There are flying demons and giant bats orbiting the towers. Nathan then looks at the ground he is at and there are multiple faces yelling gibberish.

 

Rasku: Little Nathan. This is our world. You will love it here.

 

Rasku walks closer to Nathan and smiles at him.

 

Rasku: (spreading his arms) Come on, let's explore this wonderful place.

 

Nathan then stares at the castle again. He begins to slowly walk through the cobblestones onfront of him and looks around him cautiously.

 

To Be Continued

 

 



© 2012 Xerclipse


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aaawwww thats not very nice of you Nathan.----that's

Don't you want to see beyond what other mortals see. ----see?

the angels Nathan..so......---the angels Nathan...so...

When the thunder sound shakes the house. Nathan kicks the shotgun away, and tackles the father.------house,

he puts on the mask which suprises the father----surprises

His mask has alot of blood painted by the splatter---a lot

The cyrstal ball shows Victor as a child-----crystal ball

Rasku's cyrstal ball dissappears---disappears

He begins to slowly walk through the cobblestones onfront of him and looks around him cautiously.----in front

very interesting. I agree with shep :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


rushes to his (pack pack, (backpack))) pulls out the mask and
and lock you (away) like an animal. Just like your insane mother!

You have caught my attention. What are we going to discover in this new world? What is he going to become? To find out I must turn the page.




Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

ah, well I feel like I was all type and no eyes when I look back at my mistakes. But it's okay, I ne.. read more
Do we get a background on Nathan's life? I want to keep reading to find out what happens. He must have been pushed pretty far by his father over the years to get to that point.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

I think that has been told. Nathan doesnt have a good normal life. And you can probably tell when yo.. read more
I think he's Hell maybe. Sounds like it. Very interesting. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


J. F. Charleston

11 Years Ago

I say that he's a drunk and went crazy.
Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

Lol thats true. The next chapter will probably be posted tommorow or today. Well i do plan on upload.. read more
J. F. Charleston

11 Years Ago

That's good. I need to work on the next chapter of CSI TX 2.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 17, 2012
Last Updated on July 19, 2012


Author

Xerclipse
Xerclipse

http://xerclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/, NY



About
Hey people of Writer's cafe, what's up? You may call me Xerclipse and its about a year since I had this. I am 18 years old and I am at Mass Art right now! I write books with a lot of action and vio.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..