Episode 7: The Memories

Episode 7: The Memories

A Chapter by Xerclipse
"

Tera shows Nathan the story between her and Rasku. We will know about his real motives.

"
Scene 1
The scene picks off at Nathan's house where Nathan is partially asleep. His eyes stare at Tera's young beautiful face. 
Tera: Now listen to my voice. You are about to enter into my mind. You will feel my flesh, you will then feel my soul, and my heart. Now you will listen to my memories.
Nathan finds himself in blank space. There is only white space that he walks around at.
Krotus: Nathan, This place is scaring me.
Nathan: How did you get here?
Krotus: I always follow you. Don't you know that. I can't leave you. It's forbidden for me to do so. But I know someone who is trying to do the forbidden. He is a real maniac. 
Nathan: Where are we?
Krotus: We are in the angel's mind. I can sense memories in here. Oh boy, I can smell something. Happiness, and joy. Its like nostalgia. But Nathan, that angel would have killed you. She has the ability to wipe your face off of the mortal world, but why didn't she kill you. Why? She killed many people like you who served Rasku. What makes you different Nathan, what does she see in you?
Nathan: I don't have time for twenty questions.
Krotus: (does a big sigh) You don't have time to do anything Nate! You really, drive me crazy. You know that! I munch on demons, I burn them, I serve as a grappling hook, and I even help you take out those two creatures back there, and now you just want to play the quiet game. Cool, well guess what, I don't want to play the quiet game.    
The blank space starts to transform into the heavens. 
Krotus: Whoa! What just happened? This place, it's the heavens! This is where that angel was from. Wait...I sense Tera, and her memories coming by. I can smell it.
He is in the third perspective of Tera's memories. The memories take place at heaven. He sees Rasku without his mask. Tera and Rasku are little children with wings. They toss a ball with each other as Tera laughs in joy. Rasku is not smiling at all. Father Argus is seen watching the fun. 
Krotus: OH BOY...BALL....HEY KIDS...I WANNA PLAY! 
They come to father Argus and hug him. They pull out their tiny sculptures. Argus looks at Tera's sculpture. It is a detailed lion. Rasku pulls out his sculpture which is a snake. 
Argus: What a lovely lion you got there Tera!
Rasku: What about mine?
Argus still looks at Tera's lion. He admires the detail and cut edges. Rasku walks away crushing his sculpture snake. Nathan observes Rasku's disappointment. 
Krotus: Aaawwww poor little Rasku. I feel so bad. I actually liked his piece of artwork. It belongs in the museum. But I guess he doesn't want to make sculptures in heaven anymore. There is something about him. Actually there is something that is not in him. Maybe unworthiness, maybe lack of confidence, or maybe an absence.   
The memories transition to a golden library.

Argus: Now Rasku and Tera, you two are growing up. You need to understand about the world I created.
Rasku looks at a dark section of the library.
Argus: You know that place is forbidden.
Rasku: Yes father! 
Argus: Never....ever look into that area again! 
The memories transition to another event. Tera and Rasku are at their current age appearance. Tera practices emitting light from Tera's hands. Stars form from her palms. 
Past Tera: (in happiness) I perfected it! 
Rasku: Yeah. You did, now it's my turn.
Past Tera: What? You don't even have the power?
Rasku is unhappy compared to Tera. His frustration gets the best of him. 
Krotus: What is he trying to do? He doesn't even have the angel powers.
When he places his hand on top of him, he begins to scream. Dark matter and red energy orbit around him. Tera gets scared of the power.
Krotus: WHOA...WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE? DID HE JUST MASTER THE DARKNESS? He shouldn't be messing with that stuff.
Past Tera: RASKU! 
Rasku stares at Tera smiling.
Rasku: As you see, the light is not my power, only the darkness. Now you know what I am.
Past Tera: Does Father Argus know about this? HOW DID YOU GET ACCESS TO THAT FORBIDDEN AREA OF THE LIBRARY?
Rasku: It is because of father's blindness. If he never caught me in the library, then how would he know about my powers. But one day, he will know that I possess the forbidden. 
Past Tera: Please discontinue this. I do not want to see Father so angry with you! 
Rasku: Someday, he will learn to not be angry with me, but he will be proud of my adaption to my defective angel powers.
The memories start to turn blank again. Tera appears right behind Nathan.
Nathan: Is that who he really is? A defective angel that is reserved to using the darkness.
Tera: Yes.  
Nathan: And what about you? You were the perfect angel. 
Tera: (in regret) But I couldn't help him. I failed as a sister. I allowed him to enjoy his new powers. 
Nathan: No....he couldn't be helped. He had nothing else in him. The darkness is something that anyone can enjoy. 
Scene 2
The memories transition to a stadium where Tera and Rasku are. 
Argus: Tera, you shall proceed.
Target boards levitate and face Tera from far distance. She throws white daggers that glow. Almost none of them hit the bullseye. Rasku makes a smile on his face and jumps down. 
Argus: Rasku? What are you doing? 
Rasku puts on his half mask. The dark energy orbits around him. Skulls form from his palms. He throws each of them at the bullseye. When they hit the bullseye, the target begins to burn. Argus flies towards Rasku.
Argus: WHAT DID I JUST SEE?
Rasku: Father, you just witnessed the ultimate power.
Argus: YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO USE THE FORBIDDEN POWERS!
Rasku: But father...I
Argus: DO NOT QUESTION ME! 
Rasku: I DONT EVEN WEILD THE POWER OF THE LIGHT! WHY SHOULD I EVEN BE CONSIDERED YOUR SON? I AM A GOD DAMN ERROR OF YOUR CREATIONS. I MAY AS WELL BE JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOUR PATHETIC HUMANS! POWERLESS, WEAK, AND PATHETIC! 
Argus call out his angels that surround Rasku.
Argus: Leave your forbidden powers behind!
Rasku: NO! YOU WATCH ME NOW!
Demon spawn around Rasku. They tackle the angels down. A huge bloody outbreak begins at the stadium. Demons cut the angels into pieces. An angel loses his wings and gets stabbed. Tera pulls out her staff and throws daggers at the demons. Rasku's body forms into dark matter. He then transforms into a giant dragon. It is red and black. His arms serve as wings. His hand is at the end of each wing. He punches the ground forcing the angels away. He spews out fire from his dragon mouth causing most of the angels to burn. The demons maul each angel they see. The violence corrupts the stadium. Argus blasts more demons away. As the battle continues, more demons spawn to protect Rasku. Some angels evade the battle, some stay to get burned and dismembered. The blood rains in the area.
Rasku: (in a big demon voice) NOW YOU MAY CALL ME YOUR SON. THE POWERS I WEILD MAY BE DIFFERENT, BUT I WILL NOT REMAIN POWERLESS!
Rasku spews out more fire. It cause the clouds to turn black. Argus puts his hand on the ground. The light comes underneath Rasku. His dragon body begins to transform back to his regular form.
Argus: YOUR AUTHORITY OVER YOUR MINIONS SHALL BE STRIPPED, YOUR MONSTER FORM SHALL BE STRIPPED, AND YOUR RIGHT TO COME HERE SHALL BE STRIPPED! YOU WILL STAY OUT OF THE HEAVENS! THREE CREATURES, THE BEHEMOTH, THE MINOTUAR, AND THE CRAKEN WILL SERVE AS YOUR RESTRICTIONS!
Rasku screams in pain. Blood drips from his body. When the light disappears, the surface below him begins to crack open. He falls through it screaming in pain. 
Rasku: (falling down from the skies) FATHER, I WILL COME BACK. NOT WITH LOVE, BUT WITH WAR!
Nathan wakes up from the memories of Tera. He finds himself on the couch with Tera. She holds him with her arms. 
Tera: Nathan, do you understand?
Nathan: Yes, I do.
Tera: I have went through your memories Nathan.
Nathan: You know nothing about me!
Tera: So I don't know about your mother, and the father that you killed.
Nathan: (looking away) That was my fault.
Tera: No....it wasn't!
Nathan: You have no right to say that! I killed him with the power of the mask.
Nathan begins to tear.
Tera: What's wrong Nathan?
Nathan: Nothing, nothing is wrong. It's alright. I've just been killing demons and monsters, that is all. And I killed whoever has hated me. 
Tera: If nothing is wrong, then why are you crying?
Nathan opens his eyes now and sees the mask.
Nathan: Rasku....he is just like me! That demon. Different, inferior, the non favored child, Abandoned, and casted away. He remains unloved, just like me.
To Be Continued


© 2012 Xerclipse


Author's Note

Xerclipse
So what do you think of the past? Any flaws in this chapter? This is a new version. Before there was no Krotus in this chapter, but I added him to extend it a bit. Tell me when he gets annoying.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now I see why Rasku wanted those monsters killed. Once they're toast Rasku will make war with the heavens. I think that's whats going to happen. Krotus actually helps make this book like John Malkovich makes the movie Red. It gives it a wonderful and funny side of a serious story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

Lol if thats what you think of Krotus then i'll keep him. Thank you for reading and yes that is what.. read more
Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

Nice analogy btw :)
I think Krotus provides some great commentary:)
You shape your themes so well.
'Argus still looks at Tera's lion. He (admires) the detail and cut edges.'
'I went through your memories' or I have (been) through your memories Nathan.' ?
'You have no (right) to say that! ... Tears well in Nathan's eyes.'

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

cool ;) thanks. Well what do you think of Rasku now?
Annoying? Hell I think its inmprovement you just gave this story purpose. What you do with it from here could lead to many roads. I will make a suggestion. Try writting a. Novel where you can expand on character detail, personality and details that always stay in flux. I think it would improve this kind of writting even more. But either way I stll like this one very much and I always bet Android root for the underdog.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

improvement? cool ;) Well he is kinda of the over talkative sidekick. Episode 8 is now up.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 21, 2012
Last Updated on July 27, 2012


Author

Xerclipse
Xerclipse

http://xerclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/, NY



About
Hey people of Writer's cafe, what's up? You may call me Xerclipse and its about a year since I had this. I am 18 years old and I am at Mass Art right now! I write books with a lot of action and vio.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..