Episode 11: Urban Legend Part 1

Episode 11: Urban Legend Part 1

A Chapter by Xerclipse
"

This is where the book Harvest is almost about to end. Could this be the real end for Nathan and the story?

"
The scene picks off where Krotus still bites onto a rail preventing Nathan from falling. Tera climbs down to rescue Nathan. The fire and burning debris falls pass Nathan's unconscious body. 
Krotus: (mumbling) NATHAN, GET UP!
The rail begins to break. When it shatters, Krotus falls down with Nathan. 
Tera: NOOO!!
Krotus and Nathan fall through the steps and holes of the building. Nathan still gets beat by the debris. His bruises and wounds open up with blood. The jacket begins to accumulate holes and the mask has cracks and ash. When Nathan free falls into the depths of the building, his body takes a big impact. Nathan is at the darkest zone of the building. He hears nothing but silence and the fire from above. The scene transitions to the insane asylum. Victor sits in the room holding his mother. Suddenly he hears a fire alarm. The ceiling bursts open violently. Rasku's dragon arm/wing can be seen through the hole. 
Victor: RASKU!!! WHEN WILL SHE BE SAVED?
Rasku: (in a loud demonic voice) Right now!
Rasku picks Victor and the mother up. Victor's body changes his matter into a liquid state. The ink crawls onto of Rasku's back. Rasku holds the mother with his hand. Rasku's hand starts to glow.
Rasku: Your unstable mind shall turn into wide perspective. For you shall recognize your offspring and remember....remember deep!
The mother begins to wake up slowly. Her eyes open behind her hair. Victor then solidifies and witnesses his mother waking up.
Victor: Mother! MOTHER!
The mother looks at the dragon's face and screams. Victor jumps down to Rasku's hand facing mother.
Victor: MOTHER...IT'S OKAY!!! HE IS HERE FOR US! AND SO AM I!
Mother: Who are you?
Victor: It's me.....your eldest son....Victor!
Victor walks up to the mother and puts his hand on her face. The mother begins to cry and hugs him.
Mother: Where have you been Victor? And where is Nathan?
Victor: I have been through the underworld, and this one right here took care of me. You should thank him.
The mother puts her hands on Victor's smiling mask. He grabs the hands and lowers them down gently.
Mother: I want to see your face!
Victor: You have already touched it mother! Now it's time to find brother!
Rasku: Your brother shall not join in the reunion! He has betrayed us!
Victor: THEN LET HIM SEE US AT LEAST! My brother and I still have unfinished business! I'll have to kill him!
Mother: What is going on? 
Rasku: Your new born son has betrayed the family! 
Rasku takes off at fast speed. Victor liquefies and crawls through Rasku's back. Rasku swiftly flies through the skies and sees the burning city from far distance. He begins to laugh sadistically. The scene transitions back to Nathan at the underground. He slowly begins to wake up. He falls back down when he attempts to balance on his legs. 
Krotus: Hey Nate, you are badly hurt. You shouldn't get up at this time. And besides, you are that rat, and the wolf has injured you badly. Now about that story, I think I told you the wrong ending. I told you that alternative ending, where the rat was foolish and ignored the logic that the wolf may betray him. 
Nathan's bloody arm begins to move. He crawls with his bloody worn out jacket and cracked mask. 
Krotus: Damn Nathan, how can you crawl? Don't do that....you're not superman! Okay, so right from where the wolf was about to harvest him, the rat ran away at fast speed. He then crawled on a boulder and hid from the wolf. Then the rat jumped from the tip and landed on the wolf's neck. The rat climbed under the wolf's throat and bit it. The wolf struggled to breathe until it bleed to death. Now isn't that a happy ending Nathan? The rat survived and used his survival skills. But your survival skills can't be used now!
Nathan: The wolf has bit the rat, but the rat still has strength to fight!
Krotus: Atta boy Nate, but the rat can barely walk, although it can crawl
A ghost begins to appear on front of Nathan. It appears to be missing it left leg.
Krotus: Nate, open me up! That spirit is in danger!
Nathan pulls out Krotus and puts him onto the ground. Krotus sprays fire from his mouth burning the multiple demons behind the ghost. The demons scream in agony and pain as their skin turns into ash. Nathan stops struggling to move on as the ghost moves to him. When Nathan looks up at the ghost, he sees Chad's face. Chad offers his hand to Nathan. His eye is still missing. Nathan stares at Chad's bloody eye and his bloody knee. He then looks at Chad's face.

Nathan: Chad?
Nathan takes the hand from Chad. His wounds begin to close up. The blood crawls back into the closing wounds. 
Nathan: Why?
Chad smiles at Nathan. The father's ghost begins to lift Nathan up. His body is supported by the father's arms. His face reflects his happiness rather than his drunk mood. 
Nathan: Father?
The father and Chad do not speak. Chad's bright light glows in the room. It becomes brighter enough to light up the underground. Several other ghosts come up to Nathan and stare at him. Nathan looks at their faces as he is on his father's arms. The father then gives him a piggy back ride. One ghost opens up the door for the father to carry Nathan out to.  The father places him in an elevator. Chad and the father enter in the elevator as well. Chad presses the first floor. The father stands on front of Nathan staring at him. The doors close. As the elevator rises, Chad turns around to Nathan. Both the father and Chad are happy. 
Nathan: Why....why have I been saved by you two? 
Nathan gets up as if he was never wounded. The father and Chad then disappear. When the elevator reaches the first floor, the doors don't open. There is steam coming out.
Nathan: Thanks for the lift!
He slices the doors open and rushes through the lobby and sees Tera there.
Nathan: TERA!
Tera turns to Nathan.
Tera: (running to Nathan and hugging him) Thank god you are alive!
Nathan takes the hug for a while. He then stare at Tera's face.
Nathan: Thank you for sending those ghosts to me! 
Tera: (confused) What ghosts?
Nathan: Well the heavens must have sent them.
Tera: The heavens didn't do anything yet.
Nathan: What? then how.....
Nathan then looks outside and sees the fire accumulate. 
Nathan: LET'S GO!!
Nathan grabs Tera's hand and rushes outside and makes a sharp turn away from the fire. They dash through the accumulating fire and see the bridge from far distance. Rasku can also be seen flying. The scene zooms to Rasku landing on the middle of the bridge and putting the mother down. Victor then solidifies and reforms to his normal form. He pulls out his two swords. Rasku crawls on the roads smelling something from the city.
Rasku: HE IS COMING!! RIGHT HERE! IT WON'T BE LONG!
The scene zooms back to Nathan running with Tera at light speed. They dodge the cars and debris. They move out of the black smoke and run to the bridge. Tera and Nathan stand from a couple of feet from Rasku, the mother, and Victor. The sky is all red.
Mother: NATHAN!!!
The mother rushes towards Nathan but Victor sends his clone to grab the mother. It holds her up and runs back.
Mother: PUT ME DOWN!
Victor: Brother does not deserve to see you!
Nathan: MOTHER, STAY AWAY FROM THAT DRAGON!
Rasku: But I restored her sanity! As you can see, she recognizes you!
Tera: I am an angel, and I will help you!
Rasku: Really? Where are your wings? 
Tera pulls out her staff and daggers.
Tera: Let your mother go Victor! 
Victor: No! He does not deserve her!
Tera: Yes he does!
Victor: HE BETRAYED HER! HE WANTED TO KEEP HER INSANE! 
Mother: Victor...please...I haven't seen you two for.....
Victor puts his sword away and throws ink at the mother's mouth. It turns into solid which keeps her from talking. Her voice only muffles.
Victor: Mother...don't! 
Victor pulls out his sword and teleports to Nathan. 
Victor: Brother.....it's time to end this!
To Be Continued


© 2012 Xerclipse


Author's Note

Xerclipse
It's about to end. Check out part 2 if you want to read more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I told you i'd be back even though it is six clock am and still haven't gone to bed. I made you a promise and intend to keep it. Great story with a fast action ending. Your typing like a mad man trying to finsh before his thoughts leave him. But it was still really good. I do how ever think you need to spend sometime writing a novel where you lean to not to rush as you tell the story in greater detail. But this was still a very good start. I was even suprised that Rusku kept his bargin. Moving on to the next chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

Wow really :O oh boy you should probably get some sleep. Well thank you for reading it. I will try t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 25, 2012
Last Updated on July 25, 2012


Author

Xerclipse
Xerclipse

http://xerclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/, NY



About
Hey people of Writer's cafe, what's up? You may call me Xerclipse and its about a year since I had this. I am 18 years old and I am at Mass Art right now! I write books with a lot of action and vio.. more..

Writing