Episode 3: The Family

Episode 3: The Family

A Chapter by Xerclipse
"

Nathan is given a task. But guess who is with him besides Krotus and Rasku. What will happen through his quest for his mother?

"
Scene 1
The scene picks off where Nathan and Rasku are at the other world. The cobble stones form a bridge that Nathan and Rasku walk on. The raining fire can be seen from a distance to the castle. There are plenty of people burning within the rain. Nathan can hear the screams from the distance.
Rasku: Little Nathan, Welcome to Hell! This is going to be your new home.
Nathan: (turns to Rasku)  Victor...where is he?
Rasku: Don't worry Nathan, you will meet him. He is going to be your partner in your mission.
Nathan: Mission?
Rasku: (his red eye glows brighter) Yyyeess. Your mission. There are three creatures that I need you to take out. But there are going to be plenty of demons that guard each of them.
Nathan: What are they?
Rasku: That's something you will see in the mortal world. You will have to visit it each day to slay a creature. I will have to teleport the creatures into the mortal world, and you will have to execute it.
Nathan: Why can't you do it yourself?
Rasku: Because it is forbidden for me to do so!
Nathan: (cautiously) If it is forbidden then is it safe for me to kill these "creatures" for you?
Rasku: (laughing) Why be concerned for safety? Only the weak needs the safe. But you little Nathan....it's your turn to be the ultimate....just like your brother!
Black ink starts to form from the ground. It then does multiple swirls and rises. It then forms and solidifies into Victor. He wears a black hoodie. His long gray hair can be seen as it flows underneath the hood. His face is covered by a mask that is all white with both eye that are black. The mouth piece is smiling.
Victor: Hello brother.....it's been twelve years.
Nathan: Victor? 
Victor: (smiling) Yes...It is me. I have been watching you brother. It pains me to see the life you lived in. The mortal world is such a savage place.
Victor and Nathan hug each other. 
Nathan: I always wondered what happened to you at that night?
Victor: Rasku gave me a precious life. Now it's your turn. But did you know what happened to mother?
Nathan: Yes...I do!
Victor: Well Rasku has the ability to bring someone back to sanity. And if we kill those creatures, he will save our mother.
Nathan: Really?
Victor: Yes....but as much as I want to talk to you now, we will have to leave this place to the mortal world. For now, you must return. Rasku is going to send a creature there.
 
Rasku throws a portal on top of Nathan. Nathan gets levitated by the force and thrown into the portal. Nathan then finds himself in New York during night time. He is in the dark alley where no one is. Rats pass by him as he searches around him cautiously. Text on the wall starts to form from fire. When the characters of the text form, it says
"Behold now the behemoth. 
Behold now his strength is in his loins and his power is in the navel of his belly.
 His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are knit together. 
His limbs are as strong as copper, his bones as a load of iron. 
His is the first of God's ways; his Maker can draw His sword.
 For the mountains bear food for him, and all the beasts of the field play there. 
Does he lie under the shadows, in the cover of the reeds and the swamp?"
Krotus: Oh boy, you got a pretty big creature Rasku sent you. Now I don't know what he is messing with but it better not turn ugly, just like that creature's face. And besides, it was such a touching moment for two brothers like you! I wonder what you two have to talk about. Maybe the car crash, maybe about how you killed your father, or maybe about what Rasku really is. 
Nathan: You never learn to shut up Krotus.
Krotus: Then what else can I do? Come on Nathan! I know you want your mother back, but I can smell something odd when we were with Rasku. I can't name it, but I can tell something is fishy....real fishy!
Scene 2

Victor spawns behind Nathan as Nathan walks around. Nathan then turns around to see Victor.

Victor: Hello again brother. We have the behemoth as our target. We must hurry now. This creature is a giant savage!

Victor pulls out his dual swords. He sprints out of the alley in light speed. 

Victor: COME ON BROTHER...WE GOT WORK TO DO!

Nathan: WAIT!!

Nathan then dashes out of the alley and follows Victor. The wind flows through his mask and jacket. The green pentagram from his back begins to glow brighter.

Krotus: Nathan slow down, you are making me dizzy. I can't think properly.

Nathan: (continues running) You talk without thinking!

Krotus: Oh you...it hurts my feelings when you say that. But WHAT IF YOU GET YOURSELF HURT NATHAN!!! THAT THING IS A BEAST!

Nathan finds cars in traffic. He runs on each car and jumps on them. Victor can be seen from a distance as black ink drips from his feet. Nathan leaps onto a wall and runs sideways following Victor.

Krotus: D****t, my head hurts whenever you do that! I always feel like you forget me!

Nathan: You are hard to forget since you can't shut up.

Krotus: Nathan...I am trying to tell you that the Behemoth is not an ordinary demon that you keep on killing everyday. It doesn't just devour ghosts, it will rip this city into shreds.

Nathan hears explosions from far distance. Gun fire can be heard as well. 

Victor: (excited) THIS WAY BROTHER!
Victor makes a sharp turn to the action from far distance. Nathan does likewise. They see the behemoth grab cars and throw it at random objects. The police keep on firing at the Behemoth but the bullets cannot penetrate him. His beastly face can be seen from a distance. His horns wreck the cars and ram the people. He smashes each person with his giant fists and steps on the cars by. He roars at a loud volume. Nathan and Victor arrive at the action.
Krotus: MY GOD...THAT THING IS BIGGER THAN I THOUGHT...HE IS MUCH MORE AGGRESSIVE FROM THE LAST TIME I SAW THAT THING!
Nathan: (pulling out his katana) Don't worry!
Krotus: You always say that. And last time you did that, you got yourself beaten up by demons before you could properly wield that katana.
Victor: brother, go and attack that thing! 
Krotus: NATHAN, IS IT REALLY WORTH YOUR MOTHER!! NNNOOO! 
Nathan rushes to the leg and slices it. The Behemoth still stands and smashes the ground. Demons spawn from underground and climb to the top. Nathan dashes away quickly and slices the demons. One by one they lose their limbs and disintegrate. He grabs one of their heads and smashes it onto a car. The brains splatter on the windshield and on the mask. Nathan turns around and slices a demon in half. The blood sprays from both halves of the body. Nathan then runs from car to car and cuts each demon down. Victor rushes to Nathan as the Behemoth is throwing giant pieces of the road onto him. 
Victor: LET ME DEAL WITH THESE DEMONS. GO TAKE OUT THAT BEHEMOTH!
Victor spins his dual blades around and butchers the demons. Some of them lose their face and arms. Victor then creates a duplicate of himself that comes from his body. The duplicate has the same mask but the overall body is dripping ink from the torso and all of the limbs everywhere. It doesn't have the swords, instead it is reserved to tackling each demon down. Victor and the ink duplicate cooperate and fight off the demons. Nathan charges at the Behemoth. 
Nathan: Krotus....get ready.
Krotus: What?
Nathan throws Krotus at the Behemoth's hand. Green fire accumulates onto the behemoth's hand. Krotus is clutching onto the hand with his teeth. The Behemoth screams in pain.
Krotus: (mumbling) THIS ISNT WORKING!
The Behemoth smacks Krotus off of his hand. It smashes its own burning hand onto the ground to stop the fire. 
Krotus: AAUUGGH MY TEETH HURT! 
The Behemoth then stares at Nathan 
Krotus: SEE, I TOLD YOU! THAT THING IS A GIANT MONSTER! YOU CAN'T SIMPLY TAKE IT OUT NATHAN. 
To Be Continued


© 2012 Xerclipse


Author's Note

Xerclipse
So what do you think? Any flaws?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love where this story is going. Could it be smooth when you are writing the dialog , but over all a good write. Can’t wait to read the next chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

this is only the first draft of the book. but the reviews really help me so when I edit this as the .. read more
great story can't wait to read the rest of it:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

don't worry, the next episode will be uploaded very shortly. Within half an hour or so. :D
marie

11 Years Ago

yay!!!!!
Very good. I believe that there's more action in the next chapter. I didn't notice any flaws.

Posted 11 Years Ago


J. F. Charleston

11 Years Ago

It adds a good humorous feel to it. I'd say keep him. Every story like this should have something li.. read more
Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

alrighty then. I was hoping that he wouldn't be annoying.
Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

By the way, thanks ;)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

404 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2012
Last Updated on July 18, 2012


Author

Xerclipse
Xerclipse

http://xerclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/, NY



About
Hey people of Writer's cafe, what's up? You may call me Xerclipse and its about a year since I had this. I am 18 years old and I am at Mass Art right now! I write books with a lot of action and vio.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..