Episode 8: The Release

Episode 8: The Release

A Chapter by Xerclipse
"

Will Nathan stop the upcoming apocalypse? Victor's motivation for mother's resurrection becomes a bigger problem.

"
Scene 1
Victor dashes through the city during midnight. His fast shadows are barely visible through the neon lights and the cars. He jumps into the sewers in his ink form. His liquid drips through the tunnels. Text begins to form at the end of one tunnel. Each character of the text steams. 
Below the thunders of the upper deep;
Far far beneath in the abysmal sea,
His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
The Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee
About his shadowy sides; above him swell
Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;
And far away into the sickly light,
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumber'd and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.
There hath he lain for ages, and will lie
Battening upon huge seaworms in his sleep,
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.

Victor: Brother, it is a shame that you cannot defeat this creature with me....but after I do, we will meet mother!

Victor collapses onto a wall and paints himself onto it. His ink seeps through the tunnels. The scene transitions to Nathan and Tera in the house. Nathan puts his mask on and exits the house.

Tera: Where are you going?

Nathan: To find the Kraken! 

Tera: Nathan, Don't tell me that you are going to kill that creature!

Nathan: Who said that I was going to kill it? And besides, my brother is still manipulated by his own dreams to get our mother back! We have to stop him.

Tera: (pulling out her staff) Alright! Let's go!

Nathan sprints through the city as Tera flies. He jumps over the cars searching for the Kraken.

Krotus: Ah so you want to play the hero now! I see, well your brother is trying to be one for himself. You have already assisted in Rasku's release but you have to make sure your brother does not finish it. Oh boy oh boy.....you gotta kiss the world good bye if that does happen.

Nathan descends into the subway. There are no people waiting for the trains.

Krotus: First this place will go down, then the heavens, and then the universe. Now does that sound like a happy ending to you! But if you really succeed, what will happen Nate? What are you going to do with yourself? 

Nathan: Where is the Kraken?

Krotus: Ahhh, you did it again? Now you deserve a bonus for changing the topic! For your reward, I should tell you that he is right underneath you. I can smell your brother and that creature.

Nathan makes an immediate stop in the subway. He pulls out his katana and looks around him cautiously.

Krotus: Uh oh, he got a head start.

Nathan: Don't worry. 

Krotus: Millions will have to worry about this. The world depends on that creature's life. Now how are you going to manage to stop your brother? I mean, everybody has a weakness. 

Nathan: Yes, and he has the same as mine.

Krotus: What is it Nate?

A giant tentacle bursts the ground open. Water splashes out of the hole. More tentacles come out of the ground. Victor's ink comes from a hole and reforms.

Victor: Brother! There you are! Come, let's finish this!

Nathan: No Victor, you don't know what you are doing!

Victor: (surprised) But...but mother will be saved if we do this!

Nathan: Maybe she will, but this mortal world will not.

Victor: Why do you pity for this mortal world? They treat our mother like cattle, father attempted to kill you, you have no friends, and you are the least favorite son. Mother and father loved me more, but you deserve it more now. Come brother, let us be loved equally. We shall reunite with our family.

Nathan: (in his fighting stance) VICTOR!!! DON'T DO THIS!

Victor: WHY NOT BROTHER?! WHAT'S ONE GOOD REASON WHY THE MORTAL WORLD SHALL BE SAVED. THEY GAVE YOU NOTHING IN RETURN FOR YOUR TORMENT!

Victor sends his ink clone to attack Nathan. Nathan combats against it as the Kraken rises from the ground. Demons spawns within the subway. The ceiling and the subway collapses violently. 

Demons: Protect Kraken!



Scene 2
Nathan slices the clone in two and searches for Victor. Victor jumps into a demon and possesses it. The demon's body turns all black. It's arms transforms into long liquid arms. The red blood and ink splatters at a very high radius from the demon. The demon's body disintegrates into skeleton. Victor reforms and pulls out his two swords to slice the demons. Tentacles smash the surface but Victor dodges them one by one. He slices one off and gets covered by the blood.

Nathan: VICTOR!

Victor: DO YOU HAVE NO LOVE FOR MOTHER?!

Tera comes from above and swings her staff at Victor. Nathan pulls out Krotus with the wire attached to him. The green fire accumulates around him. Tera smashes Victor away into the train tracks. A subway train can be heard arriving.

Victor: Brother, it couldn't have possibly come to this! 

The train moves closer.

Nathan: You don't understand what Rasku is setting up!

Victor: Oh I do know what he is setting up. But I thought you knew! He is setting up an apocalypse for the world. Yes brother, I know about the three creatures that restrict Rasku from devastating the world. Let it burn brother. He will revive our mother!

The train rams into Victor. Black ink splatters on the front of the train.

Nathan: VICTOR!!!

Nathan jumps down the train tracks after the train passes by.
Krotus: He isn't dead yet, but that doesn't mean that it's over.
Nathan sprints at fast speed. Tera dashes with her wings. They rush through the tunnel to find Victor. Nathan throws Krotus at the back of the train for a grapple. Nathan gets pulled in and reaches the back of the train. At the front of the train, the ink causes the windshield to crack. Victor's ink spills onto the surface. Victor pulls out his swords and runs in the train. When Nathan, Tera and Victor meet they stop running.
Victor: You are still a child Nathan. Why do you choose to not save mother, and why do you choose to prevent the apocalypse?
A tentacle breaks the train segment in half. The segment shakes violently. The Kraken chases after Victor instead of staying with the other segment where Nathan and Tera are. 
Victor sees several more demons board the train. Five of them jump in and attack Victor. He grabs one of their heads and sticks it out of the window. The demon's face abrades against the walls. The face turns into a bloody pulp. Victor spawns his ink clone to attack the other demons. Victor jumps out of the train. The Kraken rises from the tracks causing water to flood the tunnels. The scene transitions to the other segment of the train. When Tera and Nathan see the water splashing around the tunnels, she pulls Nathan away before it floods the tunnels. She flies through the tunnels, to the station, and finally above the ground. Tera lands Nathan onto the ground gently. 
Tera: There is almost no use in helping your brother!
Nathan: No, there is a way. I got an idea.
The sewers lose support of the water. The sewer covers get knocked over by the high pressure water. 
Nathan: WE REMOVE HIS MASK! 
The Kraken destroys the road and comes up from the ground. His large giant face roars at Nathan and Tera. Victor spawns on front of them. 
Victor: Your purpose is over you beast!
Victor jumps on one tentacle and clutches onto it.
Nathan: VICTOR NO!
Nathan throws Krotus on Victor's right foot. The fire begins burn Victor's leg but its time is short. The fire disappears and turns into steam. The leg falls apart into a black ink splatter and regenerates. Victor has a new leg.
Victor: Brother, stay out of this.
Victor stabs in the tentacle and turns into liquid. His liquid crawls through the bloodstream and into the Kraken.
Nathan: NNNOOOOO!!!
The Kraken slowly begins to feel pain. It screams in agony. The eyes begin to turn black. The Kraken swings its tentacles onto the buildings creating a catastrophe. 
Tera: It's no use. Rasku has succeeded! 
Nathan: Then we have to stop the release.
Tera: THERE IS NO WAY TO STOP THE RELEASE!
Nathan: Yes there is!
Nathan grabs the cube and crushes it. He disappears from the mortal world.
To Be Continued


© 2012 Xerclipse


Author's Note

Xerclipse
So what do you think will happen now? Any flaws?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very interesting. I believe that Nathan will try to stop Rasku before he leaves the under world.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

That is true ;) the book is now finished!
J. F. Charleston

11 Years Ago

It'll take time for me to finish it. I look forward to it.
No errors. You little devil. You toy with me and bring me to the brink. Now I am on my knees begging for more. Awesome.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

lol well there is one more chapter for you to read which is 9, then I will have to work on concludin.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2012
Last Updated on July 23, 2012


Author

Xerclipse
Xerclipse

http://xerclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/, NY



About
Hey people of Writer's cafe, what's up? You may call me Xerclipse and its about a year since I had this. I am 18 years old and I am at Mass Art right now! I write books with a lot of action and vio.. more..

Writing