Episode 9: The Brotherhood

Episode 9: The Brotherhood

A Chapter by Xerclipse
"

Nathan confronts Victor in a battle in the underworld. What will this lead to? What lies being the mask of Victor's?

"
Scene 1

Nathan spawns into the underworld. He finds himself on the mountains. Nathan pulls out his sword and Krotus. The cobblestones begins to talk louder. They begin to yell gibberish and shout insults. The faces get meaner and aggressive. The lava on the ground begins to shake violently. The fire rain drops at a faster rate. Rasku can be seen from far distance. He has the Kraken's heart in his hand. He chews it and swallows the heart enjoying the taste. Rasku's eyes glow brighter. He red eye is on fire. Rasku's fangs grow larger. He sinks into the ground. The scene transitions back to Nathan at the mountain.

Nathan: VICTOR....RASKU!!!! WHERE ARE YOU? COME AND FIGHT ME!

Krotus: Nathan I can feel the release. Something is going on with Rasku.

Nathan: YOU WERE THE ONE WHO CAUSED THE CAR TO CRASH ONTO US! DID YOU HEAR THAT RASKU!

Krotus: Your brother is here!

Black ink splatters onto the surface that Nathan is at. The ground cracks into bits. Nathan evades the ink that splatters. Victor reforms and pulls out his two swords.

Victor: Brother, he was not the one who destroyed us. He is the one who saved us. He saved me from that crash. It was the human's fault for driving onto us. That human deserved to die, but Rasku gave me a precious life! 

Victor spins on the air with his swords. Victor attempts to slice Nathan but he dodges. Nathan swings Krotus's flaming skull around. Victor dodges left and right. When Krotus smashes Victor's head, Victor quickly liquefies and sinks into the ground. He rises behind Nathan and reforms.

Victor: Now it's such a shame that you have to die brother!

Nathan turns around and clashes his sword against Victor's dual blades.

Victor: Those humans are pathetic, and yet you fight for them. And even that pathetic angel wanted to maintain mother's insanity. 

Nathan struggles to get a strike on Victor as he continuously clashes his katana on Victor's weapons. Victor sends his clone to tackle him. Nathan falls onto the ground.

Victor: Tell me brother, are you....in love with that thing? It is the heavens that are the true evil, including that angel.

Nathan stabs the clone and gets up. Nathan runs through the collapsing clone and charges at Victor. Nathan smashes Krotus on the ground which causes the fire to surround Victor and Nathan in one big ring. 

Victor: They create what they wish to destroy later on. If you do not stop this, then you will be what they destroy brother. Sure they created us but you must learn to look beyond our makers!

Nathan dashes stealthily around the fire and sprints past Victor. Every time Nathan passes Victor, black ink sprays from the wound. However the wound closes up. Victor does not respond to the slices that Nathan makes on Victor. The wounds regenerate every time. Victor eventually turns around and blocks the next dash. He attempts to stab Nathan but Nathan dodges the dual swords. Krotus spits out fire balls constantly at Victor. Victor's hands are in his pockets and his body slouches towards Nathan. Every fire that Krotus makes, Victor dashes left, right, forwards, and backwards. Apparently, his body doesn't seem to be moving, only where it is changes. He does not take any impact from the fire.

Victor: (dodging the fire) Such strength, such determination, and such worthiness can be overlapped by....

Victor appears on front of Nathan now pointing one sword at Nathan.

Victor: such a defective mind of yours.

Nathan blocks the strikes that Victor attempts on Nathan. Victor sends his clone at Nathan but it gets sliced. Victor sends another but Nathan dodges it. The clone does a roundhouse kick on Nathan. Nathan gets up and uses Krotus to burn the clone. Nathan sprays fire on front of Victor's face. When the fire stops, Nathan charges on front of Victor and grabs the mask.

Victor: BROTHER...NO!!!!

Nathan takes off the mask and kicks Victor away. Victor's dark hoodie disappears. Victor is now shirtless. His white pale skin turns to human skin color. Victor coves his face with his arms in shame. Nathan stares at Victor as his shame and his shivers get the best of Victor.

Victor: (struggling to talk) give me back the mask

Nathan stares at Victor's fear and sadness. 

Nathan: What are you trying to say Victor? The mask? 

Victor begins to shake. Victor's hard breathing reflects his crying.

Scene 2

Nathan: Victor, you are fine, you are still my brother. You still have a face

Victor: NOOOO!!

Nathan: Don't cry Victor....

Victor uncovers his face which has exposed tissue. Victor screams in sadness and agony. His loud screams jump Nathan. He has no eyes, no skin, and no cheeks. His jaw and teeth are exposed. His eyes are all red and his nose is missing. The new red tissue is what is revealed. Victor runs around in random areas and circles.

Victor: YOU LOOK AT ME BROTHER! THAT DAMN HUMAN DRIVER DID THIS TO ME!

Nathan: (in pity) Please Victor....let me help you.

Victor: HOW IN THE WORLD WILL YOU HELP ME? WITHOUT GIVING ME THE MASK? I HAVE NO FACE! YOU STILL HAVE ONE WHEN THAT MASK OF YOURS IS OFF! DAMN YOU, DAMN THE MORTALS, AND DAMN THE HEAVENS, IF YOU CHOOSE TO FIGHT AGAINST US, THEN YOU WILL DIE!

Nathan stares at the mask and then to Victor.

Victor: (charging to Nathan)  BROTHER, GIVE IT BACK OR KILL ME

Nathan throws Victor onto the ground. Victor still cries like a child. Victor violently struggles. His childish cries and pain are still being reflected.

Nathan: If you really want the mask back, then what will you do with it? Will you use it to fight against the humanity that we use to live with? How much pain can we live in? Is a precious and a family something you want, or is it destruction and revenge? You cannot have both my brother! 

Victor's black eye sockets stare at Nathan. Victor gets up and tries to grab Nathan. Nathan gives Victor back the mask. Victor then puts it on, turns his skin to white crackle, and regains his black hoodie.

Victor: (breathing heavily) Brother, why did you have to take that off? WHY??!!! BROTHERS DON'T DO THINGS LIKE THAT!

Nathan: Because we are weak without the mask. You and I are consumed by the darkness Victor. We depend on it heavily. We are nothing but whiny little children.

A large red dragon begins to form from far distance. Fire accumulates around the underworld. Victor disappears into his ink form. Rasku's dragon form starts to fly. His laughter can be heard from far distance. Nathan hears the laughter and pulls out his katana. 

Rasku: Father Argus, your time is about to end now!

A portal is opened above for Rasku to fly into. He disappears after he flies through it at fast speed. Nathan pulls out his cube and crushes it. Nathan spawns into the city where it is daylight. Nathan looks around cautiously for Rasku who is now a dragon. 

Krotus: Oh god, this isn't good, this is bad, real bad! We have to go and kill Rasku before he reaches the heavens! 
Nathan: Spot him Krotus!
Krotus: (sniffing) He is at time square!
Nathan sprints in the city. He jumps above the cars and walks on the buildings. Demons then spawns in the buildings and chase Nathan.
Demon: For The Rasku!
Krotus: D****t, he regained authority over the demons again. We got company. He is rising quickly Nathan...QUICKLY.
When Nathan reaches the top of the building, more demons spawns on the roof. He slices them as he sprints at fast speed. Nathan jumps from the building and lands on another. Krotus sprays fire in the building for Nathan to make way.
To Be Continued.


© 2012 Xerclipse


Author's Note

Xerclipse
Any way what do you think of Victor now (when you knew what lies behind his mask)? Can you guess my theme on the mask?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Long. Readable. Work on pacing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good yes. Kinda useing a STAR WARS The Return of the Jedi a little with the mask coming off and revealing what was underneath and turning evil into good. Pretty good idea.

Posted 11 Years Ago


J. F. Charleston

11 Years Ago

I need to find my writing of Star Wars fan stuff. I think might be good, but it's been a while since.. read more
Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

lol thanks. Well I was not really thinking about star wars at all. But it's a good comparison becaus.. read more
Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

and maybe you should post your star wars stuff. But if you think its not good, then you should proba.. read more
The broken English is a distraction I think it would be better without it. Great story but i could tell you were hurrying it along. Slow the pace down a little bit more and you will be fine. lots of things happening as we get close to the ending. must read the next page.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

yeah, honestly I was. But since the story overall is a draft, I will patch some of the mistakes, ext.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2012
Last Updated on July 24, 2012


Author

Xerclipse
Xerclipse

http://xerclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/, NY



About
Hey people of Writer's cafe, what's up? You may call me Xerclipse and its about a year since I had this. I am 18 years old and I am at Mass Art right now! I write books with a lot of action and vio.. more..

Writing