chapter 1

chapter 1

A Chapter by Hazel Stone

            I stuck the little flash light in my mouth, examining the safe. I thought it was stupid that it had a handle; I put my black leather gloves on and grabbed the handle. I pulled back with all my strength easily taking the small door off, I smiled as I saw the piles of money and then sighed when sirens blared off.

“Freeze” a man yelled from behind me. I tilted my head, slowly standing. I laughed “Your good” I turned and the man stepped sideways a little frightened “You got me” I added taking in the panic in his eyes. Well the dude was scared of me thats for sure.

“Don’t move” he warned hand on his gun. “Aren’t you proud, you’re the one who…..” I paused looking out of the corner of my eye, catching a glimpse of the open window. Two options escape or money. I smiled at him and decided to finish my sentence. “Almost caught me” I finished darting to the window and jumping, I heard the glass shatter as he fired his gun. I looked down groaning as there was no way but to fall. I fell collapsing on my side.

“Well I survived” I said to myself thinking positive. “SHE’S ESCAPEING” the same man yelled as I got up, I looked up throwing my hands in the air “Really” I said trying to feel humorous. Then he fired his gun completely missing me. “Wow, Sheriff Dudley can’t shot, moi” I yelled as I exploded with laughter. The man was annoyed and fired at me again. I looked down “Pathetic” I murmured turning and walking to the alley in front of me. Psycho boss is going to kill me. I took turns through the maze of alleys until slipping into a little bar that was hidden in the alleys. I sat at a table with an empty seat in front of me.

“So Raven, where’s my money?” I heard from behind me. “You know there was a great cop back at the”-“DO NOT PLAY GAMES WITH ME” My boss yelled interrupting me. I stood turning to face him, his guards tensed.

“I don’t play games, I cheat, do it the easy way, so back off psychopath” I took a deep breath, smiling, he flinched seeing my bleach white teeth. “These babies are useful” I said talking about my wicked teeth, I closed my mouth and then opened it wide. The men bent over eyes widening when they noticed my fangs.

“Do we need to talk any more boys, I don’t like delayed appetizers” I said walking into him and pushing him against the wall. “Don’t try running boys, never works but if you wish try” I said leaning in examining his throat. Then I opened my mouth biting and sucking, the men behind me yelled and ran off. I let the man fall to the ground dead as I wiped blood from my lips.

 

I entered my apartment throwing the keys somewhere and went in the kitchen leaning on the counter. “Where do you go this late” my grandfather asked drinking out of his mug. “What did Doctor Sam say?” I asked ignoring his question. My grandfather was the last piece of family I had left and I was determined to keep him alive. Shows the caring side of me.

“Not till you tell me where you have been?” he said voice rising with fury. “I was... having some…time” I managed to say. “Not an answer” he said. “NO WHERE, OKAY THAT’S THE ANSWER” I yelled and then I squeezed my eyes shut trying to calm down.

“Riley what’s wrong with you?” my grandfather asked. “I’m having normal teenage issues” I growled. “Like what, are you with a boyfriend”-“NO it’s not what you think” I turned gripping the counter.

“Sorry it’s just”-“parents covered that” I lied, since I knew where he was leading too. “I have a job at a restaurant” I said looking up at him, he nodded. “Well doctors said that I may have a brain…tumor” he said quietly, and I sighed letting go of the counter. And so there it is.

“Listen I may call a foster home up”-“So you’re trying to say you’re not going to survive?” I asked, and he nodded. “I can take care of myself” I snapped, a foster home is the last thing I needed, kids at risk, yikes.

“But I’m still”-“No it’s okay you’re not going to die” I interrupted him. He looked over at the sink “You can’t be sure”-“I’M COMPLETELY SURE, JUST DON’T DIE” I interrupted again, then I sank down to the floor. “You’re all I have left” I whispered.

Then I got up staring at him “I need fresh air” I decided. And as soon as I was out the door, I was running. But how could I run from a life like this?



© 2013 Hazel Stone


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jan
Interesting, can't wait to see what happens next

Posted 11 Years Ago


really interesting and intreging, im glad i made you get an account on WC

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

i made a group for The Beats. its going to be for us and any fans who want to keep up with our crazy.. read more
Hazel Stone

11 Years Ago

KAY
Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

its going to be awsome, you should join and put on the next chapter for others who read it to join! .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 16, 2013
Last Updated on January 16, 2013


Author

Hazel Stone
Hazel Stone

El puerto de santa maria, Spain



About
Some things about me- *I love to Write and read *I love Action and adventure (anything that is unordinary COUNT ME IN) *Love ROMANCE * Fav color is ocean blue *never ever experianced a first Kiss.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Capter 3 Capter 3

A Chapter by Hazel Stone