Lie

Lie

A Chapter by Nix is typing...
"

A poem by Nix and T.S. Ulmus!! Don't let 'em see who you truly are. Just...lie.

"

Relax, sit back

They don't know

Let’s keep it that way

Keep your fidgeting low

Keep your heart beating steady

Be ready but don't let them see

What you have come to be

And when they ask why

Just lie

Lie your a*s off if you must

Say anything you can to gain their trust

Don't ever let them get a look

You must stay a closed and stoic book

Still your heart from its thrum

Don't let them see what you've become

You have nowhere else to go

So your bitter truths can't show

You even took a new name

To hide the nature of your shame

Buried in ignominy

They can't know the enormity

Conformity

So you can't be read

Despite the voices in your head

Which fill you with dread

And make you wish that you were dead

Just...

Lie



© 2021 Nix is typing...


Author's Note

Nix is typing...
This was a poem written by T.S. Ulmus and yours truly (Uh, you know, me, Nix). :) Our fifth poem!!! I know I've said this a million times before, but I simply adore working with you, Ts!

Tell us what you think of our poem!! :)))

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

But in the midst of all the lies and half-truths, you're in danger of losing the essence of you..

Thankfully I've never had to lie about major life altering things, but I have enough secrets that I don't see myself ever disclosing.. just because I don't want to put the burden on others or have them see me in a negative light & judge.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I really like the font and size you use, what is it?

Your poems have a great physicality on the page.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Nix is typing...

3 Years Ago

Thank you!!! I'm kinda a nut when it comes to fonts, lol. Ummm, I think the font I use is Georgia bu.. read more
Samith Pich

3 Years Ago

I really like Geogia as well, it's classical but really clean on the page :)
Very nice use of words and thoughts. The only problem with the lies. The lies can be twisted-up and forget the truth. I liked the energy and the drive of the words my friend. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


Don't blame this garbage on me, I put in like two words and had to define and spell them for you. And then you spell my name wrong in the credit? You know the internet has dictionaries, maybe try there first before you drag your trash across my front step.

Posted 3 Years Ago


So very well said and written, like the emotion in this, it is so truthful

Posted 3 Years Ago


in reading is tend to see a spy caught and in an interrogation room .. no way out .. or a criminal being interrogated by Police. On a more personal note; we all put on "faces" that hide our feelings at the time and/or the person we are and think no one can like or admire ... we play by the rules of the people we are with .. one can never find happiness practicing such deception .. interesting theme says i! and once again it is impossible to discern two writers .. pic works great ... title is so simple but raises my interest .. i want to know more about the how and why of what your speaker has become ... using third person throughout makes youur speaker/reader one and the same .. a fly on the wall so to speak .. turns out the speaker and character are one and the same tho eh!?
E.

Posted 3 Years Ago


This poem affected me strongly. It gave me the feeling of being trapped, with nowhere to go, trying to look everywhere at once and having no way out. Sheer paranoia. I really love the imagery and the meter of this poem.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Sounds like occupied France under the Nazis. Cannot imagine what the speaker might have done to be seized by such paranoia.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I can see how lies would be necessary when you are in circumstances you can't control. Thankfully, I've always had more options and never had to lie about the things that matter most to me.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Nix is typing...

3 Years Ago

Thanks for the read and review, Kari :)))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2021
Last Updated on March 12, 2021


Author

Nix is typing...
Nix is typing...

Athens, GA



About
Uh, what can I say? Hi! I'm Phoenix (Nix) 🔥 Most of my poems are in my books :) except for Phoenix Parker, that's a book I wrote last year. Most of my writing is poetry, I'm always o.. more..

Writing