Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rebecca
"

Recently reincarnated onto Venus, she doesn't fit in with her law-abiding angelic family. Oh and she isn't shy about breaking the universal laws, to put the needs of Earth's species first.

"

Chapter 2            

As I entered the wormhole, my being was transformed into billions of light particles. I bounced through the tunnel as I travelled at the speed of light. Backwards, forwards, sideward, all directions and it was most amusing.

I became captivated, as I witnessed the surreal display of kaleidoscopic colours. The sight of this wondrous visualization could only be fathomed by my heart, like being placed inside of a rainbow.

Such beautiful radiant blues, pinks and greens imprinted my mind like a stamp. Reds, purples and yellows washed over my senses like paint splashes.

I was excited every single time, yes even with my prior calamity. But every high must come to its low, and well I being Luna, left this high with an explosion.

SWOOSH!

Out of control I flew too fast.

I zoomed into Venus' atmosphere of paradise.

SPLASH!

Unsafe I bombed into the lake of tranquility.

I had recklessly disturbed the magical crystals that lay at the bottom of its bed. I came to the surface, and I treaded the pristine twinkly water. I giggled at mischievous self, as the crystals released some incense into the air which made me feel light and dizzy.

Circled around me were intensely wild rushing waterfalls, that pound heavy into a luscious aqua lagoon. My judgement was flattered by the sprays of little beaded sparkles of freshness, onto my being. I floated on my back for a while, in my new state of cleanliness.

After I had found self-control I swam to the water's edge. I dripped off the remainder of beady droplets onto a purple floret bank and the florets pirouetted, as I floated over them.

I greeted the pink and green saplings with a polite bow and it seemed they had enjoyed my performance, as they blushed orange at me. I smiled and blew them a kiss, the nature on Venus never judged me, and they always applauded my enthusiasm.

I saw the composed fluffy white clouds, pure compared to London. They drifted in the distance, slowly, but surely. Then they began to dance in correlation with the calmest wind, and as the light breeze passed through me, I felt at home.

Freshness hit my senses as next came into sight, a resilient green from the grass. A heroic illustration of hills ran in front of me, like a river flowing to the sea.

I then sat, surely satisfied on the edge of the lagoon. Before me was a perfect vision, did I dare question the generosity given to me? Sometimes. Nonetheless, it did feel good to leave miserable London behind and be welcomed back to the Terrain of Hydro.

But I spoke too soon.

Behind me vibrated, passive aggressive wavelengths.

I had sensed the group of no-thrills as they ambled towards me. The group paused, on the top of the purple bank, and together they stared at me, like emotionless clones.

I am the only one who calls them 'The group of no-thrills' because they are dull, no I am mistaken, they even make dull look interesting. I nonchalantly looked over my shoulder, at their white angelic wispy bodies, and I wondered why they all chose the same theoretical human being.

Short brown hair, pointed noses, and rosy skin.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes, at the herd of sheep.

Sheep was what they were indeed, submissive towards the rules and past their angelic appearances was nothing but an empty space. An empty space ready to fill, with my misery. I was singled out like a bad egg, for being opinionated. Nevertheless, it was exciting for me to spread a stink around these prudes.

Then I stood onto my theoretical feet and as usual, I casually strolled towards them, eagerly ready for their criticism.

"Luna, the rumor mill has been working twice as hard today, to keep you center of attention," Whined Sunny the group leader.

My eyes squinted overwhelmed by the sound of her voice.

When she spoke, she squealed, like a pig going to the slaughterhouse.

She pointed her critical nose in the air and crossed her arms in an attempt to intimate me. I believed she was jealous of me, as I was brave enough to live by my own laws.

I let my inner child come forth and like an actress, I pretended to rip my ears off my head and chuck them one by one into the lake.

"Hear that?" I questioned.

The group listened carefully, but there was no sound.

So they shook their heads.

"No?" I answered for them, then I smiled, "That is the sound of silence."

I waited for their slow reactions, as I counted out loud, "3, 2, 1."

"Very. Funny. Luna," Sunny sarcastically replied and she rolled her light brown eyes unimpressed.

"Oh you understood, I could not hear you," I pointed to the water, "I drowned your voice out, you know my ears- in the lake, ha-ha."

I held my stomach in an exaggerated laughter.

"Well I did hear, you put another mortal's life in jeopardy!" Sunny snapped.

"What was it for this time Luna? A stabbing for a little jeer?" Lectured one of the sheep.

Then she shook her brown bob in disapproval.

I huffed, "Gossip- travels- fast," I was blunt, as I turned away from them.

I stared blankly into the distance and pretended not to care. But covertly I smiled, as I waited patiently to retaliate.

Then Sunny boldly stood in front of me and put her face close to mine.

Yes! I grew excited, she wanted to provoke me into a fight.

"Did the wicked demon taunt your feeble face?" Sunny teased, and tested my patience.

But I frowned.

I thought: I blame myself enough, I do not need a jury.

"Have you and your farm animals not got anything better, to amuse yourselves with?" I argued back.

I felt a wave of anger flush my face, then it turned red.

The other two sheep scolded me from behind as they annoyingly, "Tut, tut, tut," began to repeatedly tut at me.

Sunny wickedly grinned, "But getting you into bother Luna, is most entertaining," She revealed.

I whispered into my chin, "Well, if its entertainment you require."

I thought: The perfect opportunity to start a little performance, scare and embarrass them.

I did what I do best, I acted fast.

I put on my show and like a bull I put two theoretical fingers at the top of my head.

Sunny stepped back in fear.

I scraped one foot on the floor ready to charge full throttle at them. My whole appearance had grown orangey red. I was completely excitedly enraged, ready to use my powers.

Sunny's face paled and her aura turned dark grey.

She realised she had crossed the line, so cautiously she nodded at the rest of the group to depart, before things got real explosive.

As I calmed and I gloated with a smug grin.

As they floated away, Sunny in one last attempt to gain the upper hand, peered at me over her shoulder.

She smirked.

Was today my lucky day? Would she finally become interesting and push me too far?

She slowly opened her mouth, "Oh Luna. I have a message to relay, from Arch Angel Michael," She paused and traced my face, "The council want to converse regarding your tragic incident today," Sunny happily spilled.

Then she sniggered at me.

I froze for a moment in shock, I had never been called to the council tower before. Did I push the boundaries too far this time?

I looked at the clique, I hated how deviously close they were, and I instantly blamed them for my unfortunate circumstance. They must have ganged up on me and called a meeting, but I could not surrender and show them that they worried me!

"At least my imagination is of a 5 dimensional being. Why is it you three act like a pack of one dimensional cards? Sunny being the joke of course, ha-ha," I babbled.

I thought I sounded clever.

Then I chuckled really loudly.

But my jokes were always, lost on them and everyone for that matter. So the group of no-thrills floated hopelessly after their leader, as she skipped away victoriously.

I held my stomach and cried with laughter, then uncontrollably dropped onto the ground. I did not care whether they understood my joke or not, I found myself absolutely hilarious.

I centered myself and composed my mouth, perfectly straight. I needed to act serious before I went to the council tower. I looked into the aqua lagoon and gazed at my reflection. It did not take long for the feeling of satisfaction towards my wit, to disappear.

As I gazed deeper, I saw a mirror of my emotions. Floated there, was a flood of feud toward my creator. A grudge only held, because of a void of loneliness. Then my soul sighed.

I thought: I never really fitted in with my angelic family, I guess I am what humans say, 'the blue sheep of the family'. Why did these angels believe they were above and beyond me? When I knew humans better than any entity.

So what, I was never really fond of following rules, but I was only incarnated onto Venus for the recognition, I deserved from humans. Instead, humans praised a god that was not real, when they should have thanked me.

The truth, I was Earth's Moon spirit, I answered human's prayers, every prayer, good or bad. I made any human desire possible, being rubbed like a genie in a bottle.

I loved them unconditionally, so I gave, I granted, I answered. They grew hungrier, they stole, they abused, and I was responsible for their actions like a bad mother.

I do not like to see myself as a god, because if that were true, I was the god of war. What kind of god, did not possess authority to control good and evil? I was a god with a weakness, with every good wish a balance was created, the opposite, one to destroy it.

This truth about me was hidden of course from the other angels, apart from Arch Angel Michael. But I wanted more than to be appreciated as a god, I needed to change the awful occurrences on Earth. I wanted peace and control over my genie powers.

I had to believe the reason I was an Angel was to let good prevail. As if it was some sort of remorse, an apology, for the evil I let loose on the planet.

But peace, a utopia seemed impossible, when the laws of balance were still in working force. This was because if I was still granting free will, then bad would always have the equal right to survive, as much as good.

I frowned and finally accepted my misfortune, "If Arch Angel Michael wants to see me at the tower, I am sure to receive extreme punishment this time," I huffed to myself.

I had decided to wave towards the Arch Angel Council Tower, instead of travelling through the direct populated route. To show I was in no rush, and nothing scared me, or maybe so no other angel had the chance to shame me.

But as I slowly floated, my mood instantly lightened up, as I could not deny that Hydro was a beautiful terrain. As surrounded me, were mesmerizing meadows, with the silkiest green, tinted pink grasses, and the purple curvy hills that ran in the distance, meandered like the hips of a fruitful woman. Enchantingly, the field's radiance shone like an aura, it could surely cease a human eye in an instant.

I took Venus for granted sometimes, but today I was appreciative, it was my home. I loved my home and I was not going to let a few prissy angels bother me. No matter my rank in the alliance, I wanted to be happy, and comfortable in my home.

Suddenly twinkles of light had caught my attention. Remarkably, I felt all my worry melt away. It was obvious where I was, because the magnetic field was drawing me towards it, like gravity on Earth.

This was the first time I had set my eyes on the narrow, icy, crystalized council tower. It magically floated on top of an invisible cloud, at the peak of the waterfall of reflection.

Unlike earth's skyscrapers, this frosty tower pointed so thinly, it blended in with the clear sky. The icy tower walls were decorated as grand as a wedding cake, with the finest ivory vines, and glacial frigid flowers.

Huge glass-like snowflakes, acted as steps, and they ascended up the waterfall towards a white mysterious door. The wily waterfall of reflection, was rather unpredictable or maybe selective as it sometimes choose, to cast a spell of 'reveal' on those who aimed to deceive, on visit.

(Thankfully, I was safe, because Luna, could not hold back her honesty)

I admired the unique design of each solid snowflake as I climbed up the waterfall. Tiny diamond insets, winked at me, like I was a thief as I reached the tall white wooden door.

Unexpectedly, the door opened with a chime, "Ding, jingle, ding."

Then it dissolved away, like sugar in splendid cup of tea, to reveal, a tall and modest Arch Angel with long white hair, a beard and a humble grin.

He reminded me of a loyal guard dog, ready to greet a stranger. He wore a long golden robe, and hung around his neck was a big slivery key on a metal chain. In his left hand he clasped a peculiar scroll that seemed to wiggle.

"Good day, Saint Peter," I maturely greeted, and gave my regards with a nod.

Even though I was far wiser than all the angels, clearly light-years older and never to forget they had other agendas than I, I could never disrespect them. Simply because, we mutually, loved humans. Unconditionally, of course.

"Please join us in the main chambers," Peter humbly beckoned, as he pointed and dangled his droopy golden sleeve.

I sulked through the door, "Of course Peter, but you should have said, to deliver me to my doom," I uttered sarcastically.

Peter squinted his eye, "Did you have something you wanted to express Luna?" Peter questioned.

He stroked his white beard in a patronizing manner.

With false sincerity, "No of course not, Peter," I lied.

Then we exchanged sarcastic smiles.

I giggled to myself.

I could not help act like a mischievous child, when I was quite clearly treated like one, light years older than him or not.

He humbly pointed again, as he rolled his eyes, "Very well, onward."

Peter fixed the thin rope belt around his golden robe and strolled dopily forward. Peter was known for his easy going nature, calm responsive manner. The lower angels had never seen him in a heated argument before.

As we floated down the long clinical hall, I admired the rose stained glass windows. The rose colour against the white crystalized walls, seemed to put a spotlight on my anxiety, as if I was entering a psych ward for analysis. Maybe the waterfall of reflection had cast a 'reveal' spell on me after all.

We reached another huge white wooden door, and Peter with a sigh of relief, unhooked the heavy chain from his neck. Then he very slowly, placed the key in the triangular hole, and I shuddered with nervousness.

As he gently opened the door, I overheard Arch Angel Michael's strong distinguishable voice, as he spoke aloud to the main hall.

I nosily peeked through the tiny gap, and witnessed a static green holographic screen which broadcasted a live transmission.

A transmission of, a demon!

Peter hastily closed the door.

Then politely asked, "We will wait here a moment and let Michael finish his transmission with Mars."

But I sneakily carefully listened to the altercations being thrown back and forth in the hall.

"We have an agreement, that neither kindness nor evil can interfere with the 1st Law," Said a deep cold voice. It continued, "If she rebels once more, I will bring her to live on Mars and fight on the side of evil. If she refuses -,"

"IT WILL NOT COME TO THAT!" Michael boomed.

His angry temper shook the towers crystal walls.

I was sure they were about to shatter.

But to my surprise, as if we were once shook up like a snow globe, the crystal walls were magically still again and intact without a single crack.

Michael was known for losing his temper quickly, as he did not tolerate being made a fool of, his pseudonym was not almighty for no reason.

"If we cannot compromise on fair terms Michael, the universe will send a disaster just like before. Remember Noah, oh poor Noah, oh it took him years to start again. This time it will be an angel whom is responsible. Tut, tut-," The deep cold voice was sarcastic, "I will happily sit back and watch the destruction of Earth. Humans are pathetic, just pawns on a chess board," it joked.

Then it laughed so cruel, that a chill of evilness went through me.

I recognized the clever, calm and calculated talk, and that cruel laugh, it was typical demon, manipulation.

"I assure you there will be consequences to Luna's actions. Farewell Lucifer-" Michael bluntly ended the call.

I gasped.

Peter disciplined me with his cross eyes for eavesdropping.

I thought: HE WAS SPEAKING TO THE DEVIL ABOUT ME! Now I know I am a goddess, but I would literally flood over the Earth if I got on the wrong side of him. What is it humans say? 'Pee themselves'.

My nerves got the better of me and I tried to scurry away, but Peter grabbed my white cloak.

"Do not be frightened, please Luna, do not resist," Peter sweetly requested.

He softly looked into my eyes, almost begged for cooperation. Then as if I was an innocent child, he touched my head, to reassure me. But I could not calm, and quite believe what I had just heard.

"LUNA! COME THROUGH NOW," Michael demanded and his raw harsh voice sent strong vibrations through me.

I theoretically gulped, he knew I was trying to flee and this added to his enraged temperament. Peter held my white cloak, like I was a dog on a leash and he forced me through the door.

The sound of Peter's feet echoed around the wide hall as we walked forward.

Imaginary, thin pasty clouds floated just below the very high Victorian like, pale blue celling. The walls inside mirrored the outside with the same crystal icy theme.

I noticed the holographic screen had disappeared and I gulped again, by the reminder of the conversation. Michael and three other Arch Angels sat on pointy crystal icicle, see-through chairs, with one spare for Peter.

He left me and joined them in the line.

Arch Angel Michael was extremely tall and his big golden eyes shone strong and radiant, of galaxies from beyond. You would have been lost in those eyes if it was not for his severe square face angled at you. He always seemed so coldly serious, nearly heartless.

Michael wore a heavy extensive, indigo robe that draped along the floor. With the complexion of the Sahara desert, he ruled over Venus, like he was light itself.

"Well Luna, I know you over heard the transmission. Do you anything to add regarding your actions?" Michael questioned, but with that unpredictable blank expression on his square face.

He was always straight to the point, but polite at the same time, only he could have managed that. Still I was a little suspicious of his tone, and it left me as nervous as a defendant in a court room.

The other Arch Angels sat in front of me were: Gabriel, Raphael, and Metatron. Arch Angel Gabriel had the most sincere teardrop shaped blue eyes, and a soft graceful pout on her face, and she is the only female presently, on the Arch Angel council.

Gabriel helped humans uncover their true spiritual purpose with prophetical dreams and sentimental visions. She is also responsible for the release of negative energy, to evolve the human spirit onto a higher vibration.

Gabriel winked at me and I gazed into her blue hypnotic teardrop eyes, as if she was an alluring, fortune teller's crystal ball.

Then there was round faced approachable Raphael, as he smiled cheekily, his oval eyes narrowed and became outlined with a bold black Egyptian makeup.

Raphael was known for telling jokes, his healing soundwave powers and being a doctor to the sick on Earth. For his laughter was the greatest medicine and I could hear him chuckle in my mind. Then he greeted me with a twitch from his dog like nose, and I smiled with hidden laughter.

Then finally there was Metatron, the only Arch Angel on Venus that was human before being granted wings. Well theoretical invisible wings, it was just extra power that allowed us to fly around the galaxy.

Metatron was a scholar on Earth, so in heaven he writes good deeds in 'the book of life' on Venus. Metatron always held his nose pointed high, as he looked down at you like a strict school teacher, ready to discipline you.

Metatron could also help guide children that were open to receiving spiritual advice, on how to center and control their egos. Which I thought was hypocritical, because ever since I had known him he had been, well, egoistic!

He swung his light brown hair and he harshly peered at me with his belittling green eyes. Then he waved his steady hand in my direction and lingered it down like he drew a picture.

I finally spoke, "You know I do not agree with the universal laws and that good should conquer evil every time," I barked back at Michael in defense.

I folded my arms in a stubborn pose.

Believe me, I was frightened by Michael and the control he had over me as an angel. He was a powerful father figure, so wise and mighty but sometimes he would provoke me to speak out or, I liked to test his compassion for his family and for humans. I was a thrill seeker, they did not call me Luna for nothing.

"I am fully aware of your beliefs and your rebellious nature, they do not EXCUSE YOU!" He pointed at me, threw down his words like lightening, "Rules are in place to be followed for the better of planet Earth," Michael proclaimed like a judge.

I was more annoyed today, because of 'no thrills' and I was fed up of being treated like a naughty child. I was older than Michael, how dare he treat me like his infant.

So I thought I would annoy him so more.

"Rules are, easily, broken," I casually said and shrugged one shoulder.

Then I unconsciously grew brave because my feet paced towards Michael. I scrunched up my face and my voice harshened, "I cannot help but feel something a little odd is happening in the council," I accused, as I pointed my finger back at him.

I was like a mouse standing up to a cunning cat.

I think the council knew I was trying to change the subject and turn the attention on them. But I did wonder: Why was I standing trial?

Michael responded, "Luna, are you accusing the council of -"

Metatron jumped out of his chair.

His hands darted at me like bullets, "How DARE you Luna!" Metatron attacked me deep and unreasonable.

My eyes squinted as if someone had spat in my face.

Metatron's face was roaring red, and his grouchy green eyes flickered back and forth with unnecessary rage.

Michaels golden eyes were stunned with shock.

Michael loosened his stern square face and gently held his hand over his mouth, as if he was trying to conceal something.

He remembered his authority, and pointed at Metatron, "Metatron. Please, sit down," Michael calmly asked, "Please, do not interrupt me again."

It was very strange that Michael was being so collected after more than one, tried to step over his leadership. I expected him to blow a powerful wind in our way.

Metatron curled his lip up at me, and held his head high. He then swung his gold cloak with arrogance and irritably huffed air from his nose, as he sat back in his seat.

Michael slowly revealed, "Luna is," He sighed, "Some, what, correct."

He frowned and dropped his shoulders, as if his whole kingdom had crumbled to pieces.

My theoretical mouth dropped to the floor like an exaggerated cartoon. I picked it up, I tried to hide my shock, though obviously it was too late.

I thought: Michael just said I was correct? What is going on! I am astonished, the council corrupted? No way!

"I foresee, that someone will try and betray the council very soon but I do not know whom and the circumstance," He said softer, with a disappointed tone.

The shine inside his golden eyes suddenly dimmed. The council turned to one another with confusion over their faces and started to mumble amongst themselves.

"Please council let me finish," He saddened with a frown, "Luna this is the reason I have asked for you today. I believe you can help," He added as if he had regrettably surrendered to me.

Unexpectedly he gave me quick sly smile.

I almost missed it.

I stood still, my eyes frozen in more shock than before and my mind completely silent.

"I have something to offer you," He rose from his icicle chair, "You have a chance to get back what we are starting to loose, and restore balance on Earth by completing a quest," He explained.

He walked back and forth for a moment with hidden qualms.

Eventually he turned and looked at me, "If you help Earth, you can have a place here on the council."

The council are asking for my help?! WHAT?

Something strange really was happening. Me the lunatic? The rebel in the alliance. And most importantly, Michael knew the ugly truth about me. I had no time to think it over. As he quickly transformed the offer into an ultimatum.

"Or you will be teleported to Mars and work for the fallen Angel Lucifer!" He announced to the room.

He lifted his indigo robe, and flicked it before he sat down.

The rest of the council gasped.

I gulped really hard and patted myself down to check my theoretical waters had not just overflowed.

"But Michael, we cannot!" Gabriel cried with worry.

"Gabriel please," He put his sturdy sandy hand up to silence her, "She has a choice."

Gabriel's teardrop blue eyes began to water.

Michael rolled his bright eyes at her over sensitivity.

Then immediately, simultaneously tapped his fingers on the icy arm of his chair, "Ding, ding, ding," over and over to pressure me.

He turned to the other Arch Angels, "Prove to us, that all of your misbehaver was just an act for attention," He looked back at me, "You can gain a voice, an opinion and have all our respects. Or you will join Mars with those evil creatures," He angrily voiced.

Then Michael pretended to spit on the ground.

Metatron's green eyes shifted from side to side, as he watched the other council members. Then strangely he looked directly at me and slyly grinned.

I looked back at Michael.

"But you may not remain the same. Have you made your choice?" Michael requested.

He tapped his foot continuously, impatiently.

Peter and Raphael still taken by surprise shrugged their shoulders at me, as they did not have any idea what was happening. I needed to decide right away and Earth depended on my answer and Michael knew it.

I could not play myself out of this one.

I hesitated to speak, frightened at the speed of everything.

Suddenly, something sparked.

I realised what he was offering me. Everything I had ever wished for!

I could potentially change the laws if I was to join the council. Me, an Arch, Angel, Arch Angel Luna. I quite like the sound of that. In fact, I love it!

My luck was changing and a smug smile was then presented on my face.

I purposefully divulged slowly, "Yes. I, have, decided."

"Well..." Michael persisted and peered his invasive golden eyes into mine.

I let him wait for a few moments. I thought: Keep treating me like a child, I shall most certainly act like one.

I enjoyed his aura turn mucky green as his emotions grew impatient. I quite preferred Michael when he showed his true dirty colours, and only with me.

I straightened my being, puffed out my chest to appear taller and grinned at the council.

"I will accept the offer of the quest."

"You have made the correct choice Luna, this is your chance to show Venus, what you really stand for. "

    As if to show he was stillin charge of the situation, Michael stood up from his icicle chair and camecloser to me. He intensely stared as he curled his shoulders over me andsheltered me like a giant. But I was not intimated.    

I lifted my head in the air towards his, "I stand for good," My eyes narrowed, "And only good, Michael," I voiced my opinion.

I continued to act smug and I slowly put my hand out in the hope to shake his. However, instead of a handshake of agreement, magically with sleight of hand, he gave me something.

A crisp white scroll with a red ribbon around it.

He gazed deeper into my eyes, "Here are the details of your quest," He explained.

The words of my fortune were engraved inside. So with no hesitation I undid the red ribbon and unraveled the scroll.

And read...

"But how?!! That is impossible! And who is Professor Starling? Why do I need to show him how to teleport?" I demanded answers.

Michael held a finger to my mouth, "Enough -," and firmly paused me.

He quickly sneakily winked at me.

Why? What was his real intention here?

Then Michael shooed me away like a pest, as he gestured for me to leave.

"Metatron prepare her. This meeting is adjourned. Go Now!" He ordered.

Then finally Michael turned and his indigo robe swayed behind him as he floated away.



© 2018 Rebecca


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on December 18, 2018
Last Updated on December 18, 2018
Tags: sciencefiction, teen, romance, youngadult, angel, fantasy, scifi


Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

Belfast, United Kingdom



About
Hi everyone! I am currently active on instagram and wattpad at @authorrabishop I love writing, the environment, nature and animals. My current book series 'the girl from our moon' is about an an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Rebecca