Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Rebecca

Chapter 4    

My muddled mind was foggy with distortion, like grey clouds that covered the sky before a rainstorm.

"Zzzzzzzzzz," I heard very faint repetitive static in the distance, "London calling, zzzzz, London calling, afttter all this won't...giiive me a smile!"

I tried to pick apart the sounds but it only lead to heavy thumps and mumbled vibrations in my ears. It continued, "That was a song zzzz The Clash zzz with London calling zzzzzz."

The melody sounded oddly familiar, but with the interference I could not be sure where it was coming from. I lacked the certainty within my consciousness, to move to investigate.

Suddenly I realised.

I could feel.

Something hard, cold and leathery beneath my heavy head.

Then I remembered, what I had become.

It was in that very moment, I had discovered coordination. I managed to lift the weight of my new physical head and finally felt physical balance, from the support of my neck.

I still could not see, so I persisted to rub my tingly eyes, which eased some of the haziness in my vision. I thought back to what Metatron had told me and I screamed in my mind, "Michael make this clear please!"

Then there was hope for some clarity, because Michael finally rewarded me with sunshine. Light began to trickle through and cleared the stormy clouds.

My sight slowly dissolved, a patchy scene in front of me. I appeared to be behind the wheel, of a car. I thought: What on earth am I doing inside a car?!

The music faded and then silence created a feeling of paranoia and loneliness within me.

I felt something wet run down my new head.

My humanoid hand touched my human head automatically to examine.

"Ouch!" I felt extreme pain, "I can speak!" I cried and slapped my hand across my face in utter shock.

"Ouch that hurt!" I cried again, "Oh my, I can touch!!"

Then I felt a sticky texture between my fingertips.

I looked to my hands and I saw dark red.

"Aggghhh blood!" I panicked.

"Luna relax. Meditate the pain away with your powers, but keep the injury bleeding," Michael's voice reassured in my mind, "Sorry but it's all very necessary, you will recover Luna," He added.

Without full awareness my lungs inhaled a deep breath, and as I imagined a white light around me, I had learnt to exhale and the sheer relief of it, calmed me.

Luckily my angelic powers were still functioning and as I managed to numb the pain I felt better.

Then I sensed something in distress.

I glared out of the dirty broken window screen and frowned. The car I sat in, had smashed into a pink blossom tree, "Did I do that?" I questioned.

The traumatized tree was crying out squeals of suffering, the vehicle was squashing it, I needed to move the car and free the tree.

Suddenly the clearest sound entered.

I was hypnotised by the sound of a whistle, and like a master in command of his pet, I had completely submitted.

"Tweet. Tweet."

It was nature calling to me with its sweet, subtle singing. I was sensually swimming in the sound of salvation and I wished I could hum along to the chime of its tune.

Then I had this overwhelming feeling, I never experienced until now, it burned and penetrated in the center of my heart; the feeling of appreciation. Sound was so very appealing, to my new human ears, that it made me want (yes the bold and brave Luna) to cry!

The smoky sunlight, came through the creases in the windscreen and flamed my skin.

"Ouch, why does that feel so hot?" I moaned.

Then I watched in awe, as my arms began to softly, slowly, freckle.

I flashed back to my new reality.

I was so terribly uncomfortable, and I needed to climb out of the wreckage to help the tree. I reached for the slippery car door handle, and it felt so unusual, so heavy, to use physical hands.

Without force, more like a flick, I pulled the handle.

Remarkably the door flew into the air!

PLOP!

I watched it dive into a lake.

My strength was unbelievable, I had never seen a human do that before and I hoped nobody saw me do it. I thought: I must be cautious next time with my physical movements, Metatron did warn me.

Like a semiconscious boxer, I stumbled out of the car and I trod unsteady on the Earth, for the very first time. As I tried to balance my new vessel, I looked down and saw what supported my pale narrow feet; wooden flimsy flip flops.

"No thanks," I said as I flipped them off.

I tried to walk my new found legs away from the car, but to my surprise the grass tickled my tiny toes. Overcome by the sensation, I fell straight to the ground and bumped my head.

"Ouch my head again!" I fussed, as I held it, "You must be careful moving your physical legs, Luna!" I disciplined myself.

But it was no accident, as I slowly stood again, my jaw dropped open in amazement.

My vision cleared with a fresh, brand new perspective.

"Wow!" I stunned, as I looked at the injured tree.

The brilliant brown bark was marked, in very vivid crinkles, like a fork pressed in clay. Then as I looked up, an umbrella of passionate pinks tried to reveal little blossoms of bashful blue.

My eyes then felt more realistic than ever before, as I then saw a pristine lake that shimmered like a thousand stars in a dark night. I was equally as intrigued as a newborn baby, who had opened their eyes to the real world, for the very first time.

The murky seaweed scent and the glistening sight of this clear lovely lake, rushed to my head. It was as if I was a dolphin that needed to be close to the sea.

Or was it just the loss of blood?

"You will be free shortly tree, I will move this car away momentarily," I said softly, as I slowly identified that my accent was from England.

I cautiously looked around for signs of life, and when I was sure I was unwatched, I carefully, slowly, pushed the front of the squashed silver car.

The rubber tyres left a yellow friction over the once green grass, and I felt ever so guilty. As the trees squeals of pain eased, I was surprised not to find a single bead of sweat upon my head.

I thought: Surely this physical body, should be puffing out of breath?

As I felt the tree, I apologised for the damage I suppose I had caused. My hand strangely tingled, as if a bacteria tried to invade me and make me their host.

Then little bubbly things surfaced upon my limbs, and I shook with delight. I was happy with the feeling of my new skin.

I gently lowered a blossom branch and decided to try out my new nosey nose.

"Ah tuuu," I sneezed.

My nostrils glared and I thought: How fragrant and how different. I rubbed my hands together and giggled in excitement. I could smell and feel tangible things, and it was amazing!

Unexpectedly I felt my belly flutter.

"What is that? A new sensation?" I asked.

I was so thrilled to explore, that I had developed what I thought humans called 'Margarine fly's'.

As I pondered, where on Earth I had landed, I inspected the grassy somewhat mushy grounds around me, and came across a tall green metallic sign propped in front of the murky lake. It read, 'Brent Reservoir �" for fishing use welsh harp entrance.'

Then quickly came another distraction.

The car door I had flung, found a faster current and rapidly floated away from me.

"I have been on Earth for 2 minutes and I have already stirred the pot. He, he!" I joked.

I giggled at my uncontrollable mischievous nature, but as always there were consequences to my mischief, as I sighted a group of black and brown spotted ducks resting upon the water.

The car door flew at them, "QUUUAKKK!"

I jumped at the noise.

My heart pounded.

Luckily the scared silly ducks flew away.

"I must get the door onto dry land, so I do not scare or harm anymore wild life," I huffed guilty.

I remembered to tread lightly, so I tip toed slower than a timed out tortoise towards the river.

But then, I was speechless.

I could not move, I stunned myself still. For I had found my reflection of the vessel I had become. Unaware, I knelt down to the river, and gawked at myself, for the very first time.

I had been placed inside of a young female body, the femininity of this female was gracefully goddess like, soft and symmetrical. The beauty of my skin shone rarer than a precious pearl, but my new body soon became overcast, when I witnessed, my new pale face with a rosy tint.

It was delicate almost childlike, but contrary were my thoughts, as the expression it reflected, showed wisest of all. I stared into the reflection, I hypnotised myself in the biggest boldest bluest eyes I had ever seen.

They had hints of sparkle, which could only have come from heaven, and give an outsider the sense of a true treasury tale. I rouse from the ground, and saw before me a figure of perfection.

A tall, full breasted, fulminous, nurturer of a woman. I wore a dusty white dress that had pinned itself onto each curvature of my hourglass like, body.

The site literally took my breath away, and I questioned how I could ever possibly deserve to belong to this. Even if it was only for a short while.

I gasped and then gasped again with shock, as I remembered I now breathed air and with that tears of enchantment and disbelief rolled down my face. My heart was pleased with all, so very grateful, but also I was left with some mystery.

Why was I chosen to complete Michael's Quest?

I saw the sheen to my slivery straight blonde hair and I practiced styling it as I looked into the river. I then posed, pouted my cherry firm lips just like a model would do.

But it did not take long for the magnificent gift to turn bitter. As red liquid dripped into the water and rippled my stunning reflection. The blood dripped heavier and it made my soul want to escape the material realms of me.

I quickly cleverly dipped my hands and cupped the water. I patted my face and head as I tried to wash the blood away. But my new beautiful white dress became stained in the gushes of bright red.

Like a filthy Victorian maid, I tried to scrub the blood from my dress. But to my dismay it would not wash away. I was unable to stand the sight, so I dived into the lake to find some liberation.

My head lightened in pleasure over the cool, like a desert which died of thirst, I had longed for the simple touch of water on this turmoil of a day.

I moved my precious fingertips through the particles of harmonious H20 and it made me shiver. I floated on my back, and like a baby in her crib I was rocked by the motion of the water, back and forth I was soothed by the sensation and my mind was freed for a while.

Unpredictably, "Is anyone there? Are you alright?!" I heard a worried female's voice shout from afar.

I splashed in shock and nearly went under.

"I'm coming to help you!"

Her voice was getting closer.

"Woof, woof, woof," A dog barked.

I tried to swim breast stroke to the edge, but I was not an Olympian, so I rather messily took scoops with my paddles.

I quickly climbed out of the water, and stupidly hesitated to act.

Suddenly I felt physical pain again.

And the light was blinking around me.

I tried to snap out of it.

But I felt heavy and a little dizzy.

I became dreamy, as a cold wind rustled over the scene, to which I embraced with closed eyes. The sensation of the wind as it stroked my delicate face, relaxed my heavy eye lids. Its air acted like tiny fingers as it tickled, tingles up, along the nerves of my spine.

Whoosh!

It floated my hair towards the sky, then I shivered slightly, as each strand fell back into place.

Suddenly I felt my insides.

Like an earthquake they shook uncontrollably.

Everything began to spin around me.

I panicked.

I saw darkness.

My new body, BANG! Fell to the floor.



© 2018 Rebecca


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on December 18, 2018
Last Updated on December 18, 2018
Tags: sciencefiction, teen, romance, youngadult, angel, fantasy, scifi


Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

Belfast, United Kingdom



About
Hi everyone! I am currently active on instagram and wattpad at @authorrabishop I love writing, the environment, nature and animals. My current book series 'the girl from our moon' is about an an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rebecca