Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Rebecca

Chapter 12

Bond Street London

My inexperienced nose tickled with pressure. As I blew it clean, black snotty grit covered the tissue and my new respiratory system had been fossilized. Even though it was late September, I undid my blue jacket and flapped it to create wind as I wished for a cool down pour.

I squeezed past flocks of tourists from all different cultures and backgrounds down the long stretch of street. They roamed aimlessly with unnecessary amused facial expressions, as they snapped every part of London's architecture with their latest stocky, intrusive cameras.

I would have fainted over their body warmth, if it was not for their loud distractive voices, which kept me alert. I believe there are 7 million people living in London and to think that did not include passersby, so it was no surprise I felt claustrophobic and uneasy.

As I heard loud cheers and repetitive chants in the distance, I knew I was heading in the correct direction. I plotted forward through the steamy crowd, and I adjusted my handbag as people bumped into me. I was more determined than ever to see my Professor's smile, I wanted it to reassure me that the journey was worth it.

I was pushed onto the road, luckily a yellow sign read, 'road closed'. I watched as cars and buses diverted away from the crowd.

I glanced up.

Suddenly I saw raw red everywhere.

Massive blood stained sheets floated above the heads of hundreds.

I knew I had arrived when I heard the yells, "SAVE THE ANIMALS!" ahead of me.

I gulped, put on a brave mean punk face, as if I was to enter a mosh pit.

Then I tackled my way through the crowd.

"BEAUTIFY STOP TESTING ON ANIMALS!" Hundreds chanted.

Next I saw a small group of people, with masks over their face, huddled together to form a square. Each mask was the same gentleman's face, with a very prominent mustache.

They held electronic devices for the crowd to see, which displayed clips of dead beaten animals, covered in lipstick kiss marks and black streaks of mascara.

A caption popped up, 'Killed for concealer.' As I walked further into the now gruesome crowd, people held big posters on long wooden sticks. I read, 'Beauty is natural, not powder,' then another, 'Blood and tears for a mask.'

I jumped.

As I heard a strange whooping noise to the side of me.

The human species had somehow become extinct, as rabbit and monkey costumes splashed in real blood, ran riot around me. The stink from the blood had attracted the buzzing annoyance of flies, the whole scene had become dreadfully distasteful.

My mouth filled up with a lubricated acid.

I was terrified and nausea sickened me.

I was about to puke all over the street.

However everyone knew the press loved a horror story, so the drama had gained the attention of a news crew with obsessive cameras and meddlesome microphones.

One man in a monkey costume was approached, and the tall female news representative spoke with a catchy purposeful voice, "You're live on channel 5! Have you got anything to tell the people of London?"

He shouted loud and proud, "BEAUTIFY STOP TESTNG ON ANIMALS!"

I jumped out of fear.

My breath disappeared as I panicked.

My fast heart beat took over the feeling of nausea.

I jumped again as I heard a howling.

I watched as naked people, bruised in purple, shook metal cages they had been deliberately squashed and locked inside. Even though a puddle of blood ran from their confined spaces, I was more petrified at the freak show, when I saw long needles stuck out from their skin.

Then I realised this was the sad truth, the reality for animals in cosmetic testing industry.

I thought: This is outrageous, I should turn back.

I bumped into someone and I apologised.

I bumped into someone else and then another.

I thought: I must keep moving.

I panicked as the sound of the metal cages rattled louder and faster.

My vision span as something grabbed me.

"GET IN THE CAGE BEAUTIFUL, DO IT FOR THE ANIMALS," a stranger's voice yelled.

"Release me this instant! I do not belong in a cage!" I demanded.

Suddenly the stranger lifted me over his shoulder and slapped my arse.

My vision spun faster and I tried to hit the stranger on his back. I wanted to use my powers but I was too disorientated.

"Let go of her! I demand you!" A voice projected like thunder and it cleared my consciousness.

The stranger span me around and faced the gentleman.

I was slammed onto the ground, "Wow, don't have a fit man, I meant no harm to the girl," He moaned.

I wobbled, but gentle hands touched my tense shoulders and carefully steadied me.

A face leaned into mine.

"Are you alright? What are you doing here?" I was captivated by the sound of an enchanting voice.

The street span no more, as I was forced to focus into magnetic eyes.

I blushed a little when I realised who it was.

"Pro-fess-or," I uttered.

I was stunned to find his face was covered in white make-up and false blood.

"What are you doing here? Did he hurt you?" Starling touched my face and rubbed my arm. He spoke through his gritted teeth, "I'm going to put that kid in a cell for the night, messing with my girl."

He realised what he had said and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, "Well I, I, mean, my student," He stuttered.

He puffed his cheeks and sighed.

I held in a smile, I could not show I liked his mistake.

As I fixed my jacket, I found it hard to look elsewhere than at him, but he was still slightly angry, as he looked beyond me to the stranger.

That moment was clarification, I knew I had created a nobleman.

"Professor, he was just having fun, there is no harm done to me," I convinced.

He looked back at me, and I smiled sweetly at him.

"Sorry, I'm not sure what came over me," He apologised.

He rubbed his round nose, as he realised he was not a violent man and with a sense of relief, he silently laughed at himself.

He brushed his dark hair between his fingers and stared at me like a hungry dog, but he resisted the urge to stand closer to me.

We held a dreamy gaze, as the windows to his soul sucked me in like a dangerous vacuum. His aura glowed a gorgeous shade of pink, a risky influential pink. Then I could feel, this strange tension build between us, what was this I was feeling?

I did not dare scan his thoughts of allure, even though curiousness screamed inside of me, as his emotions tickled my aura with temptation. For I feared, I may come to act upon them.

"Did you come alone? You're brave joining a ROAR protest, it's like a jungle out here," he cried.

We laughed at his joke.

"I heard about it, on Eco Love radio," I lied, "yes- it is rather wild."

I widened my eyes for a few seconds, "What a rather-umm, extreme ensemble."

I stared at him as my thoughts turned sour. I was horrified but I could not ignore the great deal of effort he had made and it was for a cause I agreed with.

"Huh?" He shook his head, "Oh right! My costume! Thanks! Your old fashioned manner always tongue tied me," He confessed and looked at his clothes.

"It is umm, rather gruesome, the dead walking," I added.

He pulled at the bottom of his t-shirt, "Thank you - well I do try," he thanked.

"You must have invested a lot of time and effort, it is actually hard to believe a handsome man is underneath all of that blood," I flirted.

He laughed and I smiled.

"Buzzzzzzz, Eeeee! Testing!" A loud noise hit our ears.

We covered our ears, and squinted.

Then we turned to where the transmitted squeaky sound was coming from.

Through the microphone, "Thank you all for coming today, we need to show beautify that they live in a modern world, and animal testing needs to stay in the past," spoke a man with intense eyes and a powerful expression.

"Who is that gentlemen Starling?" I asked, as the man continued to speak in the background.

"That's Tony Reynolds head of ROAR."

"I see- bless his soul. I would sure like to thank him, for protecting the animals."

He raised his crazy eyes brows.

Then he shook his head with a little smile, "God your soo lovely," he whispered, and placed his hands in his back pockets.

"Sorry?" I said.

"I was- just, it's- you sound as if you speak on behalf of the animals," he hesitated as he spoke louder.

He looked to the pavement and I followed his gaze, "Well you're in luck today Luna, he is a close friend," he looked into my eyes, "maybe, I might just introduce you. You know on behalf of the animals," he teased.

I felt my face blush, I eyeballed the pavement as I tried to hide my embarrassment.

"I didn't know one of your hobbies was protesting against animal testing, Luna."

I looked up, he rubbed his chin in thought as he looked towards Tony on stage.

"Well actually, I am a vegan Professor and it is not a pursuit. But rather a concern I would like stopped," I snapped, a little sensitive.

I flared my nostrils, turned away from him and coldly scanned the crowd.

"I do not relish meetings like this professor but how else are the opposed to express themselves," I added.

He put his hands up to me in defense, "Wow! You are intense," He cried.

I laughed slightly at his gesture, I must have come across aggressive. I was supposed to be befriending him, not making him an enemy.

Then I rubbed my arm a little embarrassed.

He must have enjoyed the fieriness in my voice because then he winked at me to clear the tension.

"You are so passionate, I love that about you," he said out loud, not meaning to.

I jolted over his words and the strap to my handbag fell off my shoulder. I went to grab it before it hit the ground but Starling had already caught it.

We locked eyes, "Let me carry that for you," He spoke softly and swallowed nervously.

He kept my gaze, as he freed it off my arm, and a star in the distance of his eye signaled to me like a lighthouse, "Come closer," I heard in my mind.

He put my bag over his shoulder, "Well let's continue to listen shall we," he pointed to Tony, "don't worry, Luna, I will look after you," he charmed.

I gulped and nervously nodded.

The protest consisted of a lot of chants and more speeches from Tony, and the persistent police tried to back the assertive protesters into a corner, as if they were on duty to contain the truth.

Out of place, and clueless to my part in the event, I knew just by being there with Starling, it was enough to flourish a friendship.

I was introduced to the force of Tony and even though he had ice blue eyes that could detector corruption in an instant, he paled and stood fairly short compared to lofty Starling.

His light brown hair had greyed early, and his tried dehydrated skin seemed to weather like a dead flower. Besides the stress put on his vessel, Tony did have noteworthy talent, he was gifted with persuasion, charm, and chatter and everywhere I turned someone was desperate to talk to him. At least he had chosen to use his manipulative skills to help earth and not for selfish gain.

He had created an army and they stood proud behind him, he reminded me somewhat of Michael, a father for Earth but in the physical, and I was truly grateful that the animals on Earth had his support.

"Tony meet Luna," Starling gestured towards me.

Tony smiled, "Nice to meet You Luna," Tony greeted, as he shook my hand.

"This network you have built, is very impressive Mr. Reynolds, I will definitely attend another protest. I intend to do all I can for the animals of Earth," I expressed, so matter a fact.

Tony scrunched his thin nose, confused at my words, almost as if I was an alien. Then he smiled as if he figured out a dirty secret I held.

I gulped.

"Aren't you very complementary, the recruits are getting younger by the minute, Hey Professor?" Tony asked and nudged Starling, "Who do you work for exactly Luna? Peta? Greenpeace?"

Then Tony winked one of his blue eyes at me.

My mouth dropped open, I did not know how to respond.

"Err no Tony- one of my students-," Starling blurted, as he grabbed Tony's arm.

I must have sounded like an MP! Who else would speak with such authority, when will I learn to act like a teen? And not an angel on a mission. What must Starling think of me! A naive little girl?

"Over here," Starling whispered to Tony.

Then signaled with his eyes, for him to move away from me and Tony followed Starling.

"You lucky dog, how old is she?" Tony intrigued, as he looked over to me.

"I didn't know she was going to be here, nothing is going on," he cried as he adjusted my handbag around his shoulder.

Tony touched Starling's shoulder, and raised his eyebrow, "I believe you pal, but you are carrying her handbag."

Starling rolled his eyes at Tony.

Tony eyeballed his navy thin watch and blurted, "I must go, I'm needed back at HQ. Call me �" let's arrange lunch."

Tony turned towards me and waved his hand goodbye, "Luna it was a privilege," Tony yelled back at me.

"Beautiful as well as intelligent, hold onto her if you can Professor," he whispered.

Starling gave him a playful shove, "Funny, Reynolds. See you soon."

Tony paced down the street and Starling sighed as he tread back towards me. I read his mind, "who her age talks like that? Is she a spy or something sent by the teachers committee?"

Starling tapped his lips then smiled slightly, as he thought about something, "Fancy a bite to eat Luna? I'm Vegan too."

I sighed with relief.

He shifted his brown suspicious eyes around my face and I followed them. He wanted to keep me in his company, I guess no matter the consequence.

Starling touched his stomach, "I'm starving that protest sure took a lot of momentum out of me, I need to refuel. So will you join me?"

"I am rather parched surprisingly. I will come, but only if you promise not to place me in a cage," I joked.

"Ha, deal! It's about 5 minutes from here," he gestured his head in the direction we should walk.

Then he held out his arm in a loop, "Shall we go young lady?" he charmed.

I smiled and looped his arm and we began to walk.

"I know this lovely little vegan café, you got to try the food, it's mmm just delicious!" He looked down at his clothing, "Issy, is going to freak at my clothes," he fussed.

"Wow, I only just noticed your accent, your 'Z's', you cannot pronounce them properly," I acknowledged.

"Hey! Don't tease, just because you sound like royalty," He joked, "I'm sure Issy, will have something to say. Luna you will just love her," He gestured towards the sky, "new age hippie kinda girl, believes meat free diet helps lifts the souls' vibrations," He spoke as if he was on a morphine rush.

Our feet walked towards the end of the street and we turned a corner,

"So what did you think of Tony?"

"He is quite extraordinary, I think he deserves an honor," I replied.

"An honor?" he asked and raised his dark thick eye brows at me.

"Hmm, like a medal. Sorry- I must confuse you with my outdated dribble," I replied.

Starling laughed, "Ha, I see what you did there, dribble, is quite modern I suppose."

He bit his lip and looked down at my face, "Luna, I happen to like your old fashioned tongue, don't change on my account. I mean I won't go changing mine. Get used to my Zzz's," He desperately tried not to mispronounce.

"We have arrived," he announced and he un-looped my arm.

He held out his arm and charmingly beckoned me inside the restaurant.


As we entered I felt eyes penetrate Starling and I, was it the age difference or his hideous clothing. I did not care, no one knew who I was, or my age.

The bright and airy restaurants walls were filled with holographic trippy pictures that made you hallucinate onto another dimension. Long lit gothic candles melted their wax artistically over the grey rustic wooden tables.

A spotless glass cabinet displayed raw, healthy delicious dinners with fresh steam, ready for service, most importantly meat-free. A young girl dressed in black attire, with a blonde fringe, and a shaved haircut, glanced at Starling from behind the counter.

Her eyes lit up and she grinned very wide.

Starling saw her and moved from the door to the counter and I followed after him.

"Hi Issy!" Starling almost yelled and waved his hand in the air, like an animated cartoon.

She flustered, fixed her fringe, as she picked up two menus.

"You look as if you stepped out of the butchers, it's so disgusting! How was the protest? No Tony tonight?" She asked and took a quick glance at me.

She had a number of piercings and these surprisingly deeply odd brown eyes, I could not look away from.

"Damn! I thought I might try blend in. ha," he laughed and turned to me, "No, not tonight. I have a lovely young lady with me instead," he replied.

Izzy danced over to a table and pulled out two wooden seats placed opposite each other and waved for us to sit down.

"Tra a la, la, la," Izzy sung, to the jazzy music in the background, to gain the whole room's attention.

We sat into our beautifully carved wooden seats and Izzy pretended to act nonchalant towards us, as she scanned the room carefree. Her inner voice however screamed of desperation, as she thought about kissing Starling.

I stared wide eyed at the menu, very unconformable over her thoughts and I hoped she would calm them.

Unfortunately Izzy was not going to get the kiss she dreamed of today, as Starling's eyes were constantly focused on me. I, however, was more interested in the menu, this eating out thing, was so foreign to me, and I was thrilled.

Like a flowy ribbon that rippled in the wind, warm steam lingered in my direction and something provokingly peppery tickled my nose.

"Mmmm," I thought as my nose followed a plate of grilled vegetables, ready to be served to another couple.

I touched my mouth to make sure I had not salivated with excitement, over the table. Then I really fancied some raw dark chocolate covered cherries.

After her fantasy faded, Izzy finally realised she had a job to attend to, "Nice to meet you, any ideas what you fancy?" Izzy faked.

She took out her pen from behind her ear and pointed it at me, I realised she was curious and searched to know my name.

"My name is Luna, It is a pleasure to meet you Izzy," I replied.

She responded with a fake smile and pulled out a paper pad from her black, back jean pocket. She watched Starling as he loitered his eyes, through the menu, then she curiously glared back at me.

I believe she pondered the relationship between us, then almost out of frustration she bit down on her pen.

Then she blurted, "First date? I sense that sexual tension, between you two," she impolitely concerned herself.

Starling gazed into my surprised eyes and gently winked. He pretended he had not heard her. I then scanned his thoughts, I just could not help myself.

"God, Issy shut up, as if it isn't taboo enough taking my student for dinner, god don't make a scene girl."

"No, Izzy ha-ha," I laughed, "Let's say I am his young apprentice," I tried to sway her, but it only made her go on.

"What like his P.A? I didn't know teachers needed a P.A," she questioned, a little jealous.

Starling put his finger to his mouth and silently "shhh" me.

"Can I have two of my regulars, please-" Starling became direct.

With some force he handed both menus back to her, as if he was trying to stop her from digging further.

"Soya blueberry and lemon milkshake, sweet potato fries with courgette rice noodles twice, coming up," Izzy read.

Izzy then danced away to her counter, placed a bit of paper to the kitchen wall and pressed a bell "ding."

Starling softly patted my hand from across the table, "I hope you don't mind that I choose for you, you will love it, I promise."

Starling wandered his eyes around me, as I admired the décor in the café, I could feel from his aura that he wondered what I thought of him and why I was not giving him my undivided attention.

"So Luna, I know you don't have a lot of memory of your past, but why your interest in animals?" he asked, as he looked to see if Izzy was getting our food ready.

"My interest as you call it, does not stop at animals, I want to look after the whole of Mother Nature," I replied.

He looked back at me with those thick wild eyebrows in shock.

Then as if he thought of something clever, he gently smiled.

He smoothly leaned one arm over the back of his chair, "That's one hell of a job you're intending on," then his smile widened, "was you planning on tackling this alone?" he joked.

I rolled my eyes, "ha-ha glad you find me funny!" I sounded sarcastic.

He laughed and I could not help but genuinely laugh with him.

"I know I have asked and asked about you and the committee, but I still do not know much about it."

"Okay, okay. Fair is fair, Luna. I owe you the conversation, what do you want to know?" he asked.

He softly yawned, clicked his fingers together and stretched out his arms.

I put my arms out on the table, "Start with, tell me everything, ha-ha."

"Well, I've always thought I wanted to do something big, really big you know. I know it sounds arrogant, but I always thought I was born to, make a change. I am so passionate about our planet, and the wildlife, so I thought teaching would help change young people, open their eyes, and ripple change through society," He spoke as he pictured something in his mind.

I tilted my head towards him in interest, "And the committee?"

"Then I asked to join the committee as I wasn't getting satisfaction, things weren't progressing fast enough, and we got plans, big plans for solar power, if we get this bill passed we can cut the price of solar panels in half and give the everyday people a choice to help the planet," He babbled excitedly.

He shook his head, "Sorry that was a mouth full, are you really interested in what I have to say?" he sounded insecure.

I rolled my eyes at his uncertainty, he was very interesting, and I loved what he was trying to do for Earth. It was that kind of thoughtfulness that the government hated and motivated the demons to do more damage. Such little time spent with this gentleman, and already I was wondering when I can next spend quality time with him.

"Believe it or not Professor, I am just as passionate about those things as you are, so please continue."

Izzy brought over the scrumptious milkshakes and Starling desperately took a gulp and nodded up at her, as if it was a thank you. The gentleman was clearly dehydrated from the protest, bless him, all out of selflessness.

"Thank you Izzy."

Then I took a careful sip.

My senses took flight as the creamy substance dawdled blue berry heaven in my mouth. I just loved being human, food was so delightful, and to think the whole of Venus was missing this adventure, I wondered what it would take to teleport a piece of cake back home for them all to try.

"It's big, I mean the government are starting to care, I know energy companies aren't going to like it, but they could invest in solar panels and wind turbines and still make money. I have waited years for this and finally by the end of this year, things could change. The planet could really recover," He added.

He peered at me for a response, and I realised I had almost finished my milkshake.

I swallowed, "Sorry - that just tasted �" so - majestic," I wiped my mouth clean, "That is great Professor, I mean it is all I want for Earth, to be healthy, and clean, animals and rainforests to survive. When climate change is no more, all we have to do is work on human's rights, wars and weapons," I listed as if I had plans.

I watched his eyes, as they travelled towards two plates of food that headed in our direction. Izzy placed the orange exotic plates down at the table, "Here you are Courgette noodles and sweet potato fries two times." Izzy said, like she read from a script.

I meditated, became one with the steam that escaped the noodles, and its tangy smell almost pinched my nose.

I screamed in my mind, "Give it to me, I have starved for light years!"

I tapped my fingers together as I impatiently waited for Starling to begin to eat.

"Please begin Luna, enjoy," he beckoned.

His tender hands gently twirled the fork, which made the food dance on the plate. I wondered: How did he manage to hold such elegance even when eating?

He closed his eyes and let the fork enter his mouth, then he strangely grunted, "UMM."

He opened his eyes and checked to see if I was enjoying myself.

"This pesto sauce is amazing, do you like Luna?" he fussed.

"It is exquisite, my palate is celebrating," I said with my mouth full.

I felt rather embarrassed, as I was this messy heavy handed soul who could not control the amount of energy, put into ones actions.

"I am sorry Luna, I was about to ask about your parents, and give credit to them, for raising such a gorgeous human being," He charmed.

With every sentence he spoke I heard music, of a thousand love songs, from eras before he was even born. He admired me as I ate my food, which made me feel terribly nervous and uneasy. My hands started to slowly tremble, but why did I care what he thought of me?

"How is your new life with Anna?" he probed and took another mouthful of food.

"Well its fine, getting to know each other, we have different views on life," I rolled my eyes, "but we respect each other."

I thought of Anna: I doubt she would have approved a dinner shared between teacher and student or me in protest. Anna surely would have panicked, but she was not my real mother, better to just lie about it all, then face her tantrums.

"What about your parents? How did they manage to raise such a wonderful gentleman," I flirted.

"My parents are living in Norway, they moved back a few years ago, my father missed where he was raised, but they are fine," He replied.

As he chewed his food, he gave me a goofy smile, he was pleased that I was getting a little more personal.

"What field did they qualify in?" I intrigued.

He carefully put his fork down and dabbed his mouth with a napkin, he held my gaze, I studied his face, I was wishing to be the tiny speckles upon it. I wanted to caress my fingers over his strong jawline, I wanted to care for him like he cared for the planet.

"They are both Doctors, tied to medicine, my father moved from Norway to London, for the education, and here he met my mother. They have been married about 30 years, very old fashioned pair, I don't think they would ever separate." He explained, and his aura turned pink filled with love.

He clearly had a lot respect for his parents.

"Are they vegans like you? And what made you so fascinated with the helping environment and science?" I probed further.

I wanted to explore his mind, I had never known someone so interesting. Or could it be the fact, I have never had a proper friend before. Before I knew it my food was getting cold, because I was more intrigued with this illusion of Starling.

I took another mouthful.

"Yes they recently converted, thanks to my convincing," he smiled cheekily, "Well I can tell you a little story about me and science when we leave here if you like? But for now finish your food, we must get you home," He fussed.

I rubbed my full stomach, to show I was pleased, "I am finished, such splendid flavours," I expressed.

I scanned his thoughts, "I could watch her eat for hours, god what does she think of me, why am this smitten?" His comment eased my apprehension, it seemed he was as nervous as I.

"I will just take care of this bill and we can head off."

He dashed to the counter.

I indulged, as he carefully wiped the machine free from dust, and slowly placed his card into the machine. Then as if he lovingly stroked to comfort a frightened animal, he pressed the buttons with such intent. Oh how I wished in that moment to be the buttons on the machine, I was breath taken at how he handled everything, with such, tenderly care.

"Bye Issy," he yelled as he walked towards me.

He picked up my handbag and we walked towards the door, "Thank you, but I would have paid my share."

"No need my pleasure, let's go then shall we?" he asked.

He made a loop with his arm again, I took it and we walked towards the tube station.

"What did you think of Issy?" he asked, as he looked down to me.

"I do not want to seem blunt, but I do not think she enjoyed seeing you tonight, in the company of another woman," I revealed.

"Oh you think so, do you?" he nudged my side.

Then he smiled to himself.

"Conversation seems to flow between us doesn't it? I mean I had a lovely evening with you," he revealed.

I became shy and looked to the pavement.

"You are so naturally confident, you make it easy for me to talk to you," I looked back at his face, "But I understand that is due to many years of lecturing," I explained.

He pursed his lips, unsure of his thoughts.

"So, may I hear your story?" I asked.

Starling paused us in the middle of the now quiet street and gazed into my eyes. He shone his pale face onto mine, like a spot light in a theater production, was this moment significant?

His thick dark eyebrows narrowed and he carefully took a loose strand of my hair, and placed it ever so gently behind my ear.

"That's much better now I can see all of you. Your hair is very silky," He complimented.

I thought: Any excuse to touch me, but its murky waters you tread, Starling.

I peered at him impatiently, "Yes sorry, the story, ahem," he cleared his throat.

We slowly strolled on.

"I was 5, playing on a beautiful field in Norway. I found myself staring at the sky, wondering the purpose to the big ball of light," He rubbed his round cute, wolf like nose and continued, "I asked, 'far why is that light up there?' Don't forget this was in Norwegian so roughly translated he said to me, 'that great star of fire, gave life to all the plants, all the animals and all humans. Even you my son,' " he pointed out into the distance.

"So I asked 'but what about god? Didn't he create us far?' " He swallowed hard, and glanced briefly to make sure I was still listening.

"Then my far said, 'no man could be certain, who to be thankful, for life we have been given. Religion and science have different views, what you decide to be true is up to you.' So Luna, I said, 'that star in the sky, if it wasn't there would we die?' My Far smiled at me and said one word, 'Science'."

We reached the station, and Starling handed me my bag.

"Aww such a lovely story, you seemed rather intellectual for a small boy."

I looked up at him, he smiled.

He softly took my left hand, "So that was you decided on science?" I asked.

"Just because I chose to explore science doesn't mean I am a closed book, I believe science and the soul can walk together hand in hand, don't you Luna?"

We stared intensely at each other, as if neither of us really wanted to bid goodnight.

But I softly blinked, "Good night, Professor," before the atoms in the middle of his eyes, exploded on me.

I gracefully nodded, and turned away, then we continued to stroll, in opposite directions.

Professor Starling was the perfect human being, he only wanted the best for Earth. But most importantly I appreciated the way he carried my handbag all day without a care.

I had him parceled around my digit, all I had to do was get closer to him and soon the title would be mine.

I felt as if I was duping him, but he would eventually get what he wanted, a clean, peaceful planet. As it was from that day, our goals became one, a friendship bloomed and strangers died.



© 2018 Rebecca


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on December 18, 2018
Last Updated on December 18, 2018
Tags: sciencefiction, teen, romance, youngadult, angel, fantasy, scifi


Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

Belfast, United Kingdom



About
Hi everyone! I am currently active on instagram and wattpad at @authorrabishop I love writing, the environment, nature and animals. My current book series 'the girl from our moon' is about an an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rebecca