Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Rebecca

Chapter 3         

With a suspiciously keen grin, Metatron charged down the white canvas hallway, like a knight ready to please his king. He descended onto one of the snowflake steps and I chased after him.

Just as I opened my mouth ready to speak, he ascended into the atmosphere of Venus.

I rolled my eyes and with a sigh I flew after him.

I huffed impatiently, "Where are you taking me?"

However, Metatron did not respond, which was odd, as Arch Angels were not known for being quiet. Rather the opposite.

Metatron just focused forward. His long brown hair trailed behind him, and as the wind blew his locks  flapped like a sail at sea.

We flew side by side for miles, past the populated parts of Venus. The further we flew, the quieter and stranger the air felt.

Metatron smiled to himself, I wondered what had changed his grizzly temperament.

So I persisted, "Metatron where are we going?"

Finally he pointed down below, to show me where we should land.

Crush.

Crush.

Our invasive feet landed upon pale and crunchy straw grass and I instantly felt like an alien, as the land on this side of Venus was foreign to me.

As we strolled over the straw grass, our theoretical feet sunk a little, into hidden white grains of gritty sand. Ahead sat icy mountainous hillsides and as the wind rolled past us, it traced over tall translucent plants that moved like floating jellyfish.

Then the ether strangely became heavy and my consciousness felt dreamy. This heaviness felt like earthly activity, so I gazed into the distance over the hills to find life, but the place appeared to be, deserted. Did my senses deceive me?

As we rambled further, Metatron used his index finger like a compass and I followed it in the hope to see something new. Moments passed and surprisingly, Metatron's face flourished with familiarity.

We had reached a mysterious looking structure, built from large ghostly boulders of sandstone. Metatron faced me as he widened his eyes with eagerness.

He swiftly waved his hands around, "Welcome to the Highlands of Rejuvenation," and introduced the lands. Then he turned to the structure, "And this is the Temple of Lat-rom."

"Latrom?" I whispered.

Temples were of no practical use to angels, as peace and holiness happened inside one's mind- eye, during deep meditation. I wondered if it had been built by an ancient human civilization and preserved by the angels.

As I studied the structure further, mortals seemed the unlikely creators. It stood phantom like, as if it was a pencil drawing that could be rubbed away by an eraser.

Also it emitted an unknown vibration and the material it was constructed from was certainly non-physical in origin.

I stepped closer, and magnified my eyesight.

The shiny walls were carved with a metallic tapestry that told a story in a language I did not understand.

In admiration, I asked Metatron, "What is the name of this language?"

He stepped forward, "Its name is Clackrit, click-clack, clock," He made a weird noise with his tongue, as if a horse trotted down a bridle path.

Then he smirked at me patronizingly.

I gave him a raised eyebrow as I wondered: Why is he was acting so bizarre?

"What was that noise?" I blurted, "Ha-ha."

I thought: Are you trying to dupe me, Metatron?

"Luna. That's how we communicated, before words existed," Metatron was trying to sound belittling.

He curled his lip at me and arrogantly pushed his brown hair behind his shoulders. He was competent in speaking the native tongue and to think his vanity was already excessive, this undeservingly added to it.

I wandered my eyes around the temple and I pretended not to be impressed. So he would come back to a wavelength that I could reciprocate.

I tried to decipher the carvings, one of them showed three waves which I suppose was meant to represent water. The next few carvings looked like angels and humans.

I grew even more curious, I really wished somehow I could have known what happened here in the past. I placed my hand onto one of the carvings and "Oh," I cried, as my hand went extremely cold.

"Come, and bathhhe, in my fountains of youthhh," A mysterious voice echoed.

I stepped back in shock.

I glanced at Metatron then looked back at the walls.

I froze.

I waited for Metatron to comment, but it seemed he had not heard the voice.

I disguised my hallucination, because if it was an angel's old lingering energy I had discovered, it was nothing to make a fuss about. All objects held past energy, unless it had been cleared by cold crystals.

I turned my attention back to Metatron, with my lips pursed, and eyebrows raised, "Why is this place called rejuvenation?" I asked.

I looked wide eyed to Metatron curious for answers.

He opened his arms, "Well, because it is a holy place of renewal," Metatron announced as if he had an audience. He softly touched his heart, "This is where I came to be transformed into an angel," He said with a thoughtful glare in his green eyes.

Then I remembered the fortune engraved on my scroll, and why I was brought here.

I theoretically gulped as Metatron entered the mysterious sandstone temple. I was nervous and underprepared. Nevertheless, I entered and followed behind, down a light marble path way.

As we walked deeper, I shivered.

Angels did not shiver, ever, unless..

Unexpectedly my being started to move on its own, as if I was on a conveyor belt.

Metatron mirrored my actions.

We were both being hypnotised!

"Luna you must bathe," Whispered the same enchanting voice.

I could not comprehend what was happening to me.

I panicked, "I am hearing voices Metatron, they are controlling me, help me!" I squealed.

"Luna everything will be fine, before you can transform you must first heal and start afresh. I will be with you every step of the way," Metatron reassured.

Then he gave me a slight smile.

I thought: Why are you allowing us to be controlled by this unknown source?

We robotically moved further forward, through a narrow corridor and the sandstone walls became dusty.

Then I heard it.

The faint sound of splashes. Then emerged, a room, as steamy as a sauna. The steam spookily travelled up the light granitite walls like a witch's brew. Then I sensed the reason I was here, the key feature in front was a huge boiling, bewildering, glittery whirlpool.

Georgian, grey marble fountains, decorated with swirly symbols, sprung symmetrical patterns of water into the air. Magically the droplets in the air, sent sprinkles of perfume towards my nose. It felt like I was on retreat, as the waters fragrance lured my senses to relax.

Suddenly faceless liquid ghosts eerily emerged from the pool. They floated towards us like a group of stealthy succubus above the pool towards me.

They took hold of Metatron's arms first, then mine.

As I could not speak, I could not say no.

Then they guided us into the waters.

As I dipped in, the pool merged again with the liquid ghosts. These waters held something special, compared to my tranquil waters at home, these waters spoke to you.

The manipulative whisper was the trigger, "Bath, do not be afraid."

As the waters started to bubble, I was caressed by a tingle up my theoretical spine. The steam in the room frothed, like an erosive chemical and I became uncontrollably hot.

I tried to scream and fight the waters persuasive powers with my mind. But oddly, deep down my soul, just wanted to let go and be tamed by this unknown force, as it had surprised my charkas.

The waters touched every single molecule of my soul with pleasure, it felt like I had been embraced by a lovers touch. It was stronger than a ray of sunshine; beamed upon ones face. Or even more relaxed than one spiraling through space.

I could have stopped the struggle by a simple submission to satisfaction. These waters did not just flow with you, they took on your form and adapted to your deepest drippy desires. So I gave in, into, complete bliss.

The waters eventually calmed and I was in control of myself once again. With the waters very still, the steam subsided and the room turned cool. I tried to float away but I felt drained of life.

Metatron stronger than I, drifted towards me and carefully carried me out of waters, and placed me down onto the pale marble floor. I felt weak from the healing, it was as if I had been through a tremendous detox.

Metatron took a moment for himself, as he sat beside me. I noticed his green eyes glowed distant, beyond our galaxy, and his once long light brown hair, now wet, curled around his shoulders.

I closed my eyes and drifted for a moment with thought: How is this possible, that I feel, so...

And within that moment I felt complete, Déjà vu.

My blue eyes lit up like a blue flame, over the unfathomable realization.

I struggled to speak, "Metatron- this has, hap-pened before- I, recall- everything."

Metatron composed himself, then he bravely stood up, "Please Luna, relax. Do not reflect too heavily. Your soul has been through a great alteration," He softly explained.

His yellow aura waved impatiently as he watched over me.

Unexpectedly Metatron raised his arms.

His hands trembled as he sent me waves of turquoise energy, without my permission. However he had paid me a kindness, as I felt more active.

He lowered his hands and the energy came to a halt. Then he smiled very pleased with himself, as he rubbed his hands together excitedly.

I felt completely refreshed and sat upwards.

"Thank you Metatron, what was that energy?" I spoke more alert.

Metatron helped me onto my feet, "Luna sorry to rush you, but I must tell you something important, before the transformation can be completed," Metatron informed.

He blinked a few times as if he was nervous.

I stood onto my theoretical feet, and squinted my eyes with concern, "You have my undivided attention," I politely replied.

I then focused on his clear voice.

"When you go to Earth this time your senses will be extraordinary. You will feel, see, hear, speak and smell like never before," He strangely avoided my eyes and focused on the middle of my forehead, "You will be guided from the moment you arrive, all you need to do is call upon one of the Arch Angels and follow our voices and the signs we give you. Otherwise you will be on your own," He lectured.

Then oddly, he took my scroll from out of my cloak, "I will take your scroll with me, you see it can't go through portals," He suspiciously claimed.

Then he smiled to himself, "One last thing, don't be surprised if you are gazed upon, as you're angelic energy will shock most humans. They will be automatically drawn to you without understanding why, whether that attention be good or bad."

He quickly moved my focus, as he pointed away from us. As naturally I followed his arm.

"In the next room the 'Star-Gate' awaits, no rainbow travel today, I'm afraid Luna," He joked.

He knew it was my favourite.

I nodded enthusiastically.

"It sounds exciting," I smiled wide, "What is it like Metatron?" I inquired.

I bit my lip slightly scared.

I watched his face, as we walked a few gentle steps ahead and he held my gaze.

His pupils dilated, "It's the most amazing experience I've ever had, in this whole universe," He excited, as he waved his arms around to represent how big the universe was.

(The angel belonged on stage)

Then he smiled excitingly.

"Do you mis-"

"Enough with the questions, you have a duty to deliver," He harshened his voice.

He lowered his eyebrows with seriousness.

"Just one last thing about your senses, they will have control over your movements in ways you will not understand until you arrive, learn as you go."

"Will I feel physical p-ppain?" I stuttered.

I gritted my teeth unsure.

Then I looked down to my being as I imagined myself in agony.

"You can heal yourself there," He lacked sympathy, with an indifferent glance.

Metatron became focused, as he floated out of the room and down a new corridor. In a strange daze, I followed after him, as if I was spellbound.

I heard a strange noise, "hummummm."

We entered a crumbly archway, and there it was the passage way to the unknown and it was humming the sound of secrets and surprises.

In the deep dark mist of a hole, the cryptic matters of inner space shined violet star dust and winked bubbles as it dared me to join the unknown.

Gold Clackrit engravings framed the Star Gate, and as if it was ready to take me on my new adventure, the engravings rippled with animation.

I was nervous, when I recalled, what was written on the scroll. The words flew into my eye line and then strangely singed away from my vision.

I punched my hesitant arms in the air, to prepare myself, "I- am ready now Metatron."

He flirted with his green eyes, "Luna its time," and enticed me to go.

I stepped forward and took a moment.

I closed my eyes and moved closer.

"Metatron."

I opened my eyes.

"Yes! Luna?" He scoffed.

He grew unreasonably impatient and flared his nostrils at me.

I smiled at his reaction, you should know by now, that I loved to provoke the Arch angels at serious times.

"I am quite excited to become-" I paused.

I gave him a cheeky smile from the corner of my mouth.

I stepped into the Star Gate and as I went inward, I left a flash behind me.

***

I floated confined, in the sea of my sentimental mind. As gentle waves slowly moved me, I absorbed the lucid liquids that surrounded my memories.

Then I felt a rush of reminiscence.

As images of my past life, froze, flickered and fell apart.

My deepest thoughts splashed around me.

Which made the waves move more rapidly and fabricated a raging sea.

I desperately tried not to sink into overwhelming memories which were lost in my ocean. Illusory winds blew dangerously over the waters. They whispered faded sounds from my last life.

Unexpectedly the incident skipped like a tape on fast forward.

No time to blink; everything in my way dissolved like a melted snowflake.

I felt confined no more, drifted free it would have seemed. I had become calm and collective, as a strange but sweet sensation came over me. It spread emotional tingles to my heart, and as I was blissful in my oceanic trance like mind, I felt a new energy emerge. I was ready to be born.

Enchantingly it was not over.

I was dominantly lured into a new imagination.

It seemed little pixies were stirring the waters with mischievous magic.

I lost self-control.

I struggled to swim through my new emotions.

The splashes tossed and twirled me, threw me into obstacles of oblivion.

But I learnt to trust my mind, I felt familiarity in this place, oblivion was almost peaceful. So I gave in and adapted to the power of the sea. As I sunk into my creations, into darkness, my consciousness collapsed.

I scanned through what was left of my awareness, but I was lost. I thought: Where is my soul?

Unforeseen, I jolted.

As another shock electrocuted the scene.

I saw a flash shoot over the shoreline.

My heart nearly had a seizure.

Overwhelmed, I questioned: What is that lighting my path? Is the creator shining me an escape route? Is the worst over? Can I follow this as a sign to freedom?

Odd, there was no sound, but the numb buzz of my ears.

I thought to soon, "Boom!"

A sound of something crashed.

I screamed and almost drowned.

Scared of the new surroundings, I shivered, "Escape route?" I questioned myself again, "Is that the thunder that comes with a storm? How did I go adrift in myself so afar?"

I did not know whether I was the departed, in my dreams or passing limbo.

No, I was most certainly, now a, human...



© 2018 Rebecca


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on December 18, 2018
Last Updated on December 18, 2018
Tags: sciencefiction, teen, romance, youngadult, angel, fantasy, scifi


Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

Belfast, United Kingdom



About
Hi everyone! I am currently active on instagram and wattpad at @authorrabishop I love writing, the environment, nature and animals. My current book series 'the girl from our moon' is about an an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rebecca