Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Rebecca

Chapter 6

A few days later.

A comforting sensation stroked my sensitive face and tickled my skin with a soft warmth.

"Mmmm," a little moan came from my humble mouth.

I slowly opened my eyes and I saw the sacrificing sun as it shimmered through the window. It was such a beautiful way to wake, and I embraced the twinkles of vitamin D, as if it was the very last time.

I was fascinated to find that sunlight on human skin, felt like an overdose of stardust through my soul and I giggled overjoyed with happiness.

Although angels do not sleep on Venus, I was always a big day dreamer. So sleep had become almost natural to me, and a way for me to block out my worries of the quest and thoughts about home.

I was feeling different this morning I wanted to seize the day. I stretched my legs and arms out and yawned like a real human being. Well a hybrid of some sort.

I got out of bed, as I desperately tried not to tangle my unnecessary wires. I scanned the walls of my boring grey room and I could still hear that annoying monotone beep.

Today it began to irritate my ears and my nerves, in fact, I wanted out of the hospital immediately. I was moments away from letting my suppressed aggression explode.

I tugged at the wires attached to me, I was determined to get them off me and make an escape.

"Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!"

The room became filled with a loud high pitched alarm.

I covered my ears with my hands and buried my head in a pillow.

"Escape? No chance!" I huffed into the pillow.

"Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!" The noise continued.

Suddenly I felt thumps from someone's footsteps, as they stormed through the door.

I looked up from the pillow.

The female nurse ran to the machine and stopped the noise somehow.

"There's me thinkin- you we-re- losing oxy-gen," She huffed, as she held her chest, I watched her round belly expand like a balloon, "Now I'm out of breath," She huffed again.

"Ahhh," Then she sighed with relief, as she inspected me.

I trembled my bottom lip, "I am ever so sorry, that dreadful noise, was it my fault?" I asked sweetly, as water filled my eyes.

I pretended I was about to cry, and I played the innocent card with her.

"It's okay, all that matters is you're okay, please don't cry," She softly assured.

She squinted one eye, "How are you feeling today? You seem strangely better," Her chin wobbled like a turkey, when she spoke.

Then she rubbed her head, "It's miraculous that you're standing up, let alone talking to me, I better call Dr Knight."

She waddled out of the room.

"Oh nurse!" I held my head, pretended I was going to faint, "I do not feel so gooood," I muffled out to her.

I thought: Gulp. Oh no! I forgot I needed to act unwell. I hope I am not about to face my consequences again.

I stressed as I raced over to my bed.

I lay under the nasty itchy covers.

My teeth bit my lower lip and I became terribly hot.

My vessel felt odd, almost as if I was nervous.

I grew impatient as I waited for the doctor.

Then strangely my head dripped sweat from it.

I thought: What is happening now to me? Me? Luna? Nervous?!

I grasped the bed covers, "Oh No! I think I am about to get scolded. Am I in- oh no Human trouble! I have seen what those horrible people do to each other!" I panicked.

I began to chew on my finger nails.

My chest tightened.

I could no longer bring air inside my body.

I grabbed my chest.

My heart started to beat really fast.

Luckily the doctor came into the room and saw the misery on my face.

"Nurse, get her hooked up to this machine," He yelled as he deepend his voice.

I tried to calm myself as I covered my aura with a white light. Then I felt the panic fade away.

Finally I begun to breathe again.

"That's right Luna breathe slower, it's just a minor panic attack. You're going to be fine, just relax, breathe," He said softer.

Then I breathed slower, calmer and lay back with a long sigh.

The doctor's purple eye bags held my gaze.

I wondered: Was he up all night working?

He scoffed, "The nurse said you were out of bed feeling better, I don't think you are, but I am not surprised."

The he shook his head slightly annoyed.

"I am terribly sorry doctor. I will be more responsible. Please refrain from hurting me, I will not get out of bed again!" I cried and hid underneath the covers.

"Luna no one is going to hurt you," He removed the covers from my face, then bit his lip in an attempt not to laugh, "We are here to make you better and find someone to take care of you."

"Please, I would like to leave here," My hands went into a prayer pose, "Please I feel like a prisoner," I over reacted.

Then I held my eyes shut with my fingers, and pretended to hold back tears, to test his compassion.

I peeked through one eye at him.

He rolled his eyes at me, "Don't be so melodramatic Luna, you know as soon as you're better you will be out of here, the hospital can't keep you against your will."

"I am feeling much better, please let me leave," I begged again.

"You can wait a few more days Luna, it's just a few more tests, so I can give you treatment and recovery options. You have retrograde amnesia and you're far too young, to just be released in a few days," He touched my arm in an attempt to calm me, "Legally the police want you kept here, because your homeless and unidentified," He explained.

I thought: So much for not being held against my own will. I got his point, but I was not a young girl, I was a bloody angel!! I was perfectly fine and I did not need his 'care'.

I just had to be a little more patient, I had to hope the reason I was still in here was because Michael was sorting everything out for me. He leapt from my bed and I squinted as I watched him study my monitor.

He smiled to himself.

"What is this retrograde amnesia, you say I have, Doctor?" I probed.

"Your loss of long term memory, Luna."

He folded his arms as he continued to watch my monitors. I felt a strange rumble sensation move inside me, near my stomach. It began to make a funny noise too "Grrrrrrrr."

My eyes widened in shock, "What's wrong with me now?" I stressed baffled.

"Luna, you are probably hungry, you remember what hunger is don't you? That is most bizarre if you-"

"Yes of course!" I interrupted, "Ever so silly to think that doctor, yes I am famished! I would like some food please," I faked.

I pretended to smile.

"All this panic is probably just hyperactivity from the brain damage," He rubbed the top of his head, "This medicine doesn't seem to be doing anything for your mood swings. I will have the nurse up your dosage and bring you some food," He stressed and left the room.

"Phew."

I thought: I cannot have another episode like that. I needed to act human and find inner ease. Why is it he got the nurse to do all the work, and he only ever observed me. But I had bigger issues, to think about. I had never, eaten before!

Instantly I became distracted, I could hear loud footsteps walk up and down the corridor outside of my room. With the door left open, I saw grumpy busy nurses, and gloomy depressed visitors charge past my door. I imagined their lives, and created mini fairytales in my head as I sensed what they were doing here.

It was strange to observe from a lower level. My vibrations were now grounded and it was difficult to be realistic about it. I was happiest being free like a bird, viewing from above. I felt like my feet were sinking when I did stand up, I guess that was Earth's gravity.

The nurse entered the room, she was shaking her bottom at me and she whistled a tune from her mouth. Behind her I noticed something shiny on wheels, it rolled into the room.

"Ha-ha!" I laughed too loud at her bottom.

I covered my mouth in shock and my eyes widened.

She frowned confused, "What's so funny Luna?" She questioned.

I pretended not to hear her.

She swung the trolley around and then I saw summer.

My jaw dropped in amazement.

Colours! Orange, yellow, green. The nurse picked up a white tray and placed a few pieces onto a plate and walked over to me.

"Here you go Luna, enjoy," she said, as she placed the tray on my bedside tray in front of me.

"Thank you, nurse," I said gratefully and smiled.

I held back a laugh again.

I watched as she inserted some kind of liquid substance into my wires, I shivered as it entered me and I felt a little dizzy.

When she left I, "Hahaha," burst into laughter again.

I thought: It would have been funnier if she slipped over on her bottom! I am not sure what had come over me but I think it was excitement.

(More likely the medicine)

I looked down at the beautiful harvest of fruit, and my mouth dribbled out water.

I wiped it away from my chin.

Again more water, let me think what could that mean?

My stomach rumbled again.

I realised my vessel was hungry and liked the look of the food. Angels do not eat we never needed to, food did not exist on Venus as we did not have such primal desires, but I could feel my human body wanted it. My soul had developed brand new seven chakras, and they needed to be satisfied.

I thought: Let me think how I will attempt this, I have seen humans eat thousands of times, it cannot be too difficult. I know, I will start with a little piece first.

I had become a forger as I picked off a greenish grape form its tree branch. With the dopiest look, I rolled it between my fingers.

Then with my inhumanly strength,

SQUISH!

I squished it too hard.

It exploded in my face!

"Ewww," I exaggerated.

I violently rubbed my face with my hand.

"Really Luna?" I huffed and rolled my eyes at myself.

Let me try that one more time, I picked another very carefully and put it up to my mouth.

I slowly let my teeth pierce the grape.

"Squishhhh," The juices flew into my mouth.

I jumped, and I knocked the fruit over my bed.

I cringed and winched over the strong sharp taste.

"Luna, really, compose yourself! It's a bit of fruit!" I huffed at myself.

I gathered the fruits and put them back on my plate.

I then continued with the piece in my mouth. I carefully, cautiously poked around with my tongue, to explore the flavours. The receptors calmed, and I enjoyed the sweet taste left in my mouth. Then with ease, instinct allowed me to swallow.

"Oh my, this is so tasty! What is it I hear humans say - yummy," I enthused.

I rubbed my hands together with excitement.

So I took another and did the same, again and again. Then I got over zealous, "chomp, chomp, chomp," and stuffed my whole face.

Suddenly the floor thumped and in walked the doctor.

He paused and glared at me.

I looked like a hamster, who had gathered food ready to hibernate. I was rather embarrassed and knew I looked ridiculous. I slowly chewed and swallowed as I tried to rescue what was left of my dignity.

"Enjoying them I see Luna. Ha-ha," He chuckled.

I thought: Why was he being nice to me all of a sudden?

I always appeared so oddly around him. I faced the fact, acting human was harder than I first anticipated.

To my surprise, "Luna, I have someone, I'd like you to meet," He revealed.

He carefully checked my face for my reaction.

Instead of getting worried, I let destiny happen.

I did not want to get sweat on my forehead again.

"Yes doctor. I think I have a handle on my nerves now," I helped him out.

The now fraudulent, jolly Dr Knight, almost danced as he entered the room. Then shadowed behind him came the mystery person, she was a short, adorably plump, brown haired woman and by the fresh wrinkles under her eyes I calculated she was in her early-forties.

She had a small pointy nose and twinkly green eyes. I tried to read her mind but it was calmly blank.

I thought: Really thoughtless, how odd.

"This is Miss Fredrick, Luna, she was the one who found you at Brent reservoir," He enthused.

Then he sneakily peered down to his watch.

"Hello Luna. I'm happy to see your looking much better. It's lucky I was around that morning. Otherwise you may not be sitting in this hospital today, dear," She spoke cheerily soft.

She waddled towards me.

I recognised her voice and finally I could match a face to it. "Good Morning, Miss Fredrick, thank you ever so much, for helping me to the hospital," I acted grateful.

She crawled her chubby fingers onto my arm.

I felt a strange shock prick me.

I moved my arm away.

But no time to analyze, as her personal scent tickled my nose, "Ah-tu".

Although scent was fairly new to me, I knew intuitively from the burnout variety of aromas that came from her clothes, they could be identified as cooking oil combined with exotic kitchen spices.

"Bless you dear," She politely said as she pulled a tissue out her pocket.

"Another human off to heaven," I uttered as I looked up at the celling.

"Sorry? Here wipe your nose."

She handed me a tissue.

"It just something, I guess, Christians say," I explained.

It was really what angels said.

I traced her mind again, "She is very polite, and enchanting in a way I can't describe," Miss Fredrick thought.

"Luna, it's very lucky Miss Fredrick found you. Now I am very busy today. So she has something to ask you," He rushed.

I scrunched up my face tighter than a hairband, completely baffled.

"Luna, I am actually a foster parent and I was ready to take the next teenager into my home, and then the doctor told me about your memory loss," She softly informed.

She smiled and soft lines formed around her mouth, her green eyes then looked strangely familiar. I wondered, had I helped her before, when I was an angel?

I could not possibly remember every single person I helped, I am not a computer. Maybe, karma was having her return the favour to me.

"As we are unable to find out where you come from and who your parents are, you need to stay with a legal guardian, until your memory comes back, or your parents come forward," The doctor explained.

Miss Fredrick nodded, "Yes, I would like to invite you into my home," She tilted her head and gave me a dotingly concerned look, "Maybe even help you enroll in a college of some sort to trigger your memories and make you feel somewhat normal," She nicely suggested.

Something energetically, definitely triggered when I heard her say 'college'.

I thought: College must be the reason I am in the hospital and have brain damage, to meet her, to meet Professor Starling. Though I was sure I needed to go with her, I thought it might sound odd to the doctor if I was enthusiastic towards a stranger.

I shied away, "I understand doctor. But I am a little unsure. Hmm. can I possibly think it over? Miss Fredrick does seem rather nice," I pretended to be hesitant.

"You don't have to decide right now Luna. But it's either her or a complete stranger," He explained as he looked at his watch again.

He tried to entice me, he knew I wanted out.

"You have convinced me Doctor, I would like to go with Miss Fredrick. Will you still be available if I should happen to need your assistance?" I said, to sound a little uneasy.

But I knew he wanted rid of me, I was causing too much hassle.

He faked a sweet tone, "Oh Luna of course. Miss Fredrick and I will liaise about your condition and make sure you are recovering for the better, sweetie," He sounded almost lovely.

I squinted my eye.

Should I trust him?

"So what do you say Luna? Shall I get everything prepared for your new home in Tear Mont?" Miss Fredrick said eagerly.

"Yes please, that would be ever so perfect!"

"Well that's settled then!" He rubbed his hands together genuinely pleased, "Luna we shall sort out the paper work and talk over your condition. In a few days, you can leave," He cried happily.

"Thank you Miss Fredrick," I sounded grateful, then smiled at her.

She looked through me strangely.

I read her thoughts, "Someone as sweet and delicate as her, why aren't her parents searching for her?"

Then she smiled back at me.

Something peculiar must have entered her mind as he aura flashed purple, and she shared it out loud.

She twitched her nose, "Want to know something spooky Luna? Do you believe in signs from god, because I do," She asked.

"Umm, sure," I replied a little cautious.

"You know they say that Brent reservoir runs through something called a ley line and that if you go there on a full moon you can gain access into another dimension," She sounded fascinated.

Then she moved her shoulders towards her ears, as she silently giggled like a sneaky child.

I covertly smiled and looked down to my bed covers.

I knew for sure she could not read my mind but I was hoping by the comment she made, she was my help on my mission, somehow.

"Well the reason I am telling you this is because, your name means moon, Luna, but you probably knew that. That was what I was getting at. I mean it's a coincidence that I found you. As the full moon was fading," She added, slowly and spookily.

She squinted her eye at me as if she was searching for answers.

I just nonchalantly nodded.

I began to question whether or not I had made the best decision, to go with her, but what choice did I have. I had to explore and complete my mission.

She grinned, turned away from me and tread slowly towards the door. Then she peered back at me over her shoulder, "Get some rest and I will see you in a few days, dear."

Miss Fredrick suddenly faced me.

Then she abruptly lifted her pointy nose in the air as if she was about to serve me judgement.

With one wave of her steady hand, like an artist she stroked her paintbrush off the canvas. Then magically she winked, as if she was signaling to me that indeed, she was on the quest too.



© 2018 Rebecca


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on December 18, 2018
Last Updated on December 18, 2018
Tags: sciencefiction, teen, romance, youngadult, angel, fantasy, scifi


Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

Belfast, United Kingdom



About
Hi everyone! I am currently active on instagram and wattpad at @authorrabishop I love writing, the environment, nature and animals. My current book series 'the girl from our moon' is about an an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rebecca