Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Rebecca

Chapter 10

The day had finally arrived and I was excited to be on the move and one step closer to my title. It felt like I had waited light years to meet this mysterious Professor Starling.

"Luna! Are you sure you don't want a lift to college?" Anna shouted down the stairs to me. 

I had really learnt to compose myself, in a manner that Anna was comfortable with. However, I still expressed my opinion about the corruptness on Earth, whether she appreciated it or not.

Throughout summer, I ventured out alone like some sort of alien tourist. I enjoyed my visits to quiet sophisticated museums where silence was appreciated and history was explained via a virtual headset.

I discovered the precise calculation to rocket fuel just for fun, and some of the logic behind the human's chemical processes in the brain, in preparation for biology class. Which made me laugh at my fake condition but it honestly matched my personality perfectly.

People stared at my feminine figure, as if I was a display myself to gaze upon, and strangely most persons roamed in silence when I was keen to ask questions.

I smiled as I hoped to make contact, but I left disappointed as people quickly faced away as if I was extremely odd, to use my facial expressions.

This made me question, did Londoners have social anxiety problems? As it seemed to me technology such as listening devices, mobile phones and computers had most of their focus. I could not be sure, but maybe the reason they shied away from their vocal chords and held their gaze to the ground, was because they forgot how to communicate in real life.

Anna made an attempt to purchase, for me, a mobile phone, called 'U- Pear' to keep in contact with me. I could feel she still did not quite trust me completely, or she was just overly worried.

I did not want to give those major companies satisfaction of selling me, one of their tainted products. The sneaky companies in the past were known for enslaving children, for one meal a week.

Another reason, I just could not get adjusted to technology, Anna's television sent horrible sound waves into my ears. Every time I entered the room when it was on, the screen would crackle and buzz. Angels interfered with certain frequencies on Earth, as we were on another wavelength altogether.

I also explored old fashioned art galleries where touch was surely forbidden and I also admired the scenery of the neatly trimmed local parks, well, what was left of them. One should not even call them a park, when it was more like a patch of grass conveniently fenced off.

I had even attempted the iconic London underground tube, but only to find it was packed with sweaty, dirty, moody strangers. The tunnels that the small tubes went through made me feel like a suffocated solider, trapped in a caved in battlefield bunker.

I thought the electric underground was the cleanest route, as the cars in London, fumed noticeably black lethal smoke pollution from their exhaust. So it darkened my soul to find that the very bad ventilation system meant the friction between the rails, wheels and brakes actually meant you breathed in more toxic air.

So it was no surprise my lungs wished to collapse, as I coughed and sneezed black soot onto my pillow at night. I read the statistics on a science museum board, '50% of the air Londoners breathe daily is poisonous and 10,000 Londoners die every year from pollution.'

So from that very day, I decided I would walk everywhere because if I did not agree with something, I was not going to give my time, energy or money to support its function.

It was fated, as it had lead me to discover a little quirky vegan shop with polite, smiley staff with bright auras and my favourite food on Earth, raw vegan dark chocolate, covered cherries.

I was not sure if I had a moment of weakness, but I managed to spend most of my summer money, that Anna had kindly given me, to buy their organic vegan products.

I was just so delighted to speak to someone new, that I began a heated emotional discussion with them about the disgusting butcher shop I passed on the way.

As the softer, more colorfully dressed staff member comforted my tears, the other gothic one who wore a t-shirt that read, 'If you work in advertising, kill yourself," (which I thought was slightly hypocritical when she wore a name tag above that read sales assistant) decided to enlighten me with a horror story.

She stunned me with how most fruits and vegetables in supermarkets were grown artificially, produced in laboratories, instead of being grown outside in the sunlight. They called these type of goods GMOS.

A worse tale was about the crops that were grown outside, they had been sprayed with pesticides which poisoned humans as they ate.

I thought: How could it be after centuries of flying above earth, I had only learnt of this corruption and deceit right now.

I had also caught up with most things apparent to everyday teenage life. Even the yucky bleeding bits. Do not mistake me, I was traumatized when my period first came. I thought the worst thing about being human was passing a stool. Ha!

"Anna, it's 15 minutes away. You know how I feel about cars and pollution, plus I enjoy walking," I was direct, as I expressed my need for independence, without being rude.

I had to be a typical teenager, I had to think about my right of passage and lifts from parents would seem 'uncool' or 'not dope'.

I was not sure if that was even the correct terminology, used by teenagers at this moment in history, but I was sure I would learn what was current eventually.

"Luna, please, I want to set you off on your first day," She yelled.

I yelled back up the stairs, as if we debated for parliament, "Anna, I am leaving now I cannot be late, you know I like to be punctual."

I watched her stumble down the stairs.

She wrapped her arms around me, kissed my cheek, stood back and looked at me.

"Luna you look gorgeous, like an angel. No, you make an angel look evil," She complimented.

I coughed in concealment, sometimes I wondered how much she really knew about me.

"Luna, would you like to borrow some makeup?" She asked, as she touched my face.

I removed her hand angrily.

I pointed to my face, "Anna, I will not pollute my young face with chemicals, my face is clean and flawless," I cried.

"I love your confidence. Most girls your age are insecure about the way they look. These days' girls shovel the make up on. If I was as slim and beautiful as you I would act the same."

I felt her jealousy vibrate through my aura, she wanted to have what I had, youth. A temporary condition. To grow old was just as graceful as youth, why did she not appreciate that?

"Thank you for your kindness. But we are all beautiful," Anna raised an eyebrow at me, "Even you Anna, if beauty and good intentions are inside, it will reflect on the outside," I shared and reached for the door handle.

"Have a good day Luna, good luck."

"Thanks, you too. Bye Anna."

I opened the door and stepped outside.

I slowly shut the door behind me, "I think I need a miracle," I whispered nervously into my chin.

Then I inhaled deeply.

As I walked slowly down the street, the butterflies in my stomach flew around and this time excitement was replaced with nervousness. The sun had cooled, and the pavements were now covered in summer's pink and white blossoms, like a pretty picture.

I bid good-day to the trees telepathically, as I did not want to seem odd to another human. The trees' branches swayed to acknowledge my presence, like a hand wave.

I pursed my lips as I analyzed my retro exterior, I wore a white floral shirt which was tucked into my vintage high-waisted jeans. I watched my tie-dye pumps prance forward, I sighed, as I hoped I was not judged on my second hand clothing.

I was not prepared to buy anything new because I would have been contributing to poisoning people. I tightened the strap on my multi-coloured linen handbag, which carried all my essentials to 'study' with.

I approached the college gates, and apprehension flew into my aura, it seemed the students were as nervous as me. I witnessed boys as they chewed on their finger nails as if their breakfast had not filled them.

The girls posed in their hand held pocket mirrors, as they adjusted their hairstyles, oh those loose strands of hair that would just, not, obediently fix into place.

I walked through the gates and I thought to myself: How can they be nervous? I have only been on this planet a month and I have a quest to complete, now that is what I deem as 'pressure'.

Then I felt something.

Which I never really took any notice of before.

I slowly realised, if I wanted to get by, I needed to tolerate it.

Sexual energy.

Hormones were raging wilder than a beast, and their red hot volcanic base chakras churned faster than a whirlpool at sea. I cringed, I gulped, as I hoped this energy in my immediate future, would not be aimed at me.

Angels did not experience such acts of a lustful nature, however sex did not disgust me. I understood from a human's perspective that two vessels binding was just a way for them to be closer, and appreciate each other.

But the only way I could describe it, to me, would be greed. You have enough love energy inside your own body, that we call 'soul'. Humans wanted to feel more love by taking energy from each other, until they were physically drained.

A battle of losing liquids, no wonder their bodies' become dehydrated. Oh the irony!

Squinty eyes of jealous females and wide open mouths of horny males, focused upon me. Metatron did warn me, but I never expected they would be quite this shallow, to believe it was my vessel they were attracted to. When really it was the source of love that ran through me, they longed for a connection with.

I walked away from the spotlight and into the entrance of the funky light and airy dome college. The college blueprint had been stored inside my memory, as if I was a satellite navigator or what do humans call it, oh yes a GPS.

I followed the long tentacle corridors and around a corner I found my class room door.

I took one final, last, deep, breath.

"This is it, first day," I sighed, "means first impressions, do not mess it up."

I carefully turned the round brassy handle.

But the door was locked.

I panicked.

Did I guide myself to the wrong room?

My memory was not the best.

"No it cannot be, maybe I am just too early," I reassured myself.

As I waited for the other students, I became sick with apprehension. I tapped my foot impatiently as I scanned the empty corridor, for signs of life.

"Calm yourself Luna," I talked to myself.

Then something stole my attention, such an inhumane, rather bold painting, in a golden intricate frame. It hung on the opposite wall, I curiously, slowly, stepped over to it and my mouth dropped open.

A woman lay, as she presented her nude back to me, and there floating just above the woman, was a baby with wings and it held a mirror to the woman's face.

However you could not see the reflection of the woman, her face was blurred. Underneath I read, 'The Rokeby Venus' by Diego Velazquez 1599-1660'.

Such angelic, open, natural forms of display were hidden and suppressed in these contemporary times, especially in education. I wondered how it fitted into this funky, modern college.

I thought deeper: Venus was not a humanoid, it is a beautiful planet I called home. I giggled, as I was sure that the baby was meant to be Angel Cupid, though Cupid was not a baby.

Humans for centuries have shown him as a child, as an angel's love is as pure as the innocence of a human child. I looked up to the mirror, if no reflection was to be seen, then what was this lady looking for?

"Celestial, isn't it?"

I jolted, I touched my chest, as a soft, charming male's voice, startled me, with his intriguing accent.

Though I was forever jumpy in my new form, I reined my senses in and I composed myself, fairly quickly. Clearly someone reciprocated my curiousness for the art, so I decided to make effort as who was to know, if I was ever going to get another opportunity, to have a decent conversation.

Still focused on the painting, I hid my slight, over active, heartbeat.

"I was just marveling its elegance, and pondered what the artist was trying to represent," I explained as I pointed.

I rested my chin on my hand, then continued, "Venus is the planet of love, and cupid believes love is the most beautiful thing, so the reason we see the blurred reflection, is because beauty is-"

"In the eyes of the beholder," He finished for me.

I slowly turned away from the painting, my eyes strangely spaced over with déjà vu and a feeling of familiarity came over me. I remembered this feeling, I can replay it, time and time again, like a beautiful piece of music.

Time was non-existent now and my future flashed in front of me. It was like the human expression, "Love at first sight."

He was a mysteriously tall, deliciously dark featured, earthly masculine sight. He slowly, enchantingly, strolled towards me, as if he danced the waltz and with such persuasion he allured me into courtship.

I caught my breath with shudders.

I thought the painting had lost me in admiration.

I was wrong because stood before me, was heaven's true masterpiece.

"In the eyes of the beholder," I whispered.

He approached the painting.

"It's one of my favourites, I hung it, as a reminder," He added enthusiastically.

He rubbed his right hand under his stubbly chin and laughed to himself.

"I remember when I first saw this painting as a teen, I believed I could conquer the most beautiful women's heart, if I had cupid's arrow," He softly reminisced.

As if he was an archer, he pretended to release an arrow into the distance. The sun glistened graciously through a window into his deep brown eyes, which in return, made them twinkle, and they reflected rays of hope.

"But love is not something a man should conquer, it conquers man. That I know. Love is a powerful indescribable force, which blinds us all," He allured with that intriguing accent.

When he spoke I could feel the Earth move a higher vibration or two and the sheen of his black hair, left me afloat in our cosmos for a while.

He smiled with such pure intention, that heat rushed to the scene and awoke all the colours inside my heart. My aura became pale, and my heart softened, this moment was the perfect representation of Nirvana, as tender as the first kiss and the curiosity that came with that kiss, to experience more.

Lightyears of existence and for the first time I had been left, mesmerized.

He moved closer and explored the mystery of my face with his eyes, the sensation of his soul on my skin, made my mind glitter. It felt as if diamonds had been injected into my soul and I was now one with a shooting star.

"Are you, a new, teacher?" His voice lingered on every word.

He stared at me with deep attraction, I coughed in an attempt to ground myself. I did not know, if he could feel, what I had discovered in him.

"Not quitttte, but I am nnnew, ahem, new student," I stuttered stupidly and coughed again.

He raised his once assertive eyebrows, surprised.

Then he rubbed the back of his head, "Oh sorry, you look a little older than I realised, my names Professor Starling," He spoke slightly embarrassed.

He licked his lips, as he tried not to salivate at the sight of my beauty.

"You are very well spoken, compared to most of the teenagers, at Saintly."

He flicked his eyes back and forth, as if he was trying to read me.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Professor, finally," I uttered in awe of him.

The search was over, I found My Starling, my prize, my title was one step closer to me and if the quest felt this sweet the reward would be divine.

He startled, and raised one of his thick crazy eyebrows, "Did I hear you correct? Finally?"

I quickly realised what I had said and I cunningly smiled at him, "Yes, you are my new teacher I believe," I cleverly responded.

He stared intensely at me, I felt rather shy, and I blushed as I looked to the floor.

He chuckled nervously, as he realised he was staring, "Oh! Yes, of course!" He snapped his fingers together, "Sorry, haven't had my coffee fix yet," He made excuses for his fixation on me.

He slapped his forehead, "Where are my manners today?"

He held out his pale firm hand, for a hand shake and I placed my hand into his silky fingers and we touched, as if we had never been apart.

"What's yourrr, name?" He stumbled, tongue tied, as he let go of me slowly.

"My name is LUNA, Professor." I said with emphasis.

I hoped somehow the universe would tell him who I really was.

Why I have no idea.

"Luna, oh yes! I know all about you," he revealed.

I froze.

How?

Did he know the truth?

"I am sorry, to hear about your retrograde amnesia and your episodic memory loss. I hope you can pay attention in my lessons, Miss Fredrick said you are easily distracted, ha-ha!" He joked.

He gave me a gentle nudge, to ease the tension between us.

A scent of masculinity and cleanliness teased my senses, I rolled my eyes to the back of my head and tried not to faint from my yearning.

I thought: What is happening to me? My chakras began to spin out of control, I was like a honeybee attracted to his nectar, but I took a step back from temptation.

I itched my head, "Yes, I am sure I will be fine, I am improving my concentration skills," I expressed.

I pretended to laugh back.

He turned to the classroom door and he pulled a key out of his pocket. Impulsively I touched him from where I stood, soul to soul with my telekinesis powers.

Am I feeling lust?

Me Luna?

Angels are not meant to feel such things.

He trembled as he placed the key in the hole, as his soul felt me touch him. He looked back as he turned the handle and gazed into my oceanic eyes, "Waxing gibbous," He whispered.

"Sorry?" I replied.

He shook his head, desperately tried to concentrate and paced into the classroom. I followed him and wondered what he was trying to conceal.

He pointed to the metal desks, "Have your choice of seat Luna, as you are the early bird," He charmed.

I took a seat, in the front row, "Thank you, Professor."

Then I assessed his bright red aura, was he reciprocating lust for me?

"Are you comfortable?" He fussed, as he appreciated my presence.

I thought: I am now.

I nodded gracefully.

"I just need to set up my lesson, please feel free to gather your thoughts."

He smiled and I smiled back.

Again, he began to stare at me, as if he was desperate to say something. I watched his aura change from red to a gentle pink, then to yellow. He finally remembered himself and focused his eyes away.

Professor Starling hastily sat down at his desk, fumbled through his paperwork and turned on his silver computer. Overwhelmed with feelings towards me, he nervously traced his fingers through his dark luscious hair.

He groomed himself for me.

I thought: How I wish to be your fingers.

I imagined myself slide through his lovely locks.

He focused on his silver 'U- Pear' computer, but he could not help take a peek at me every so often. I sat disciplined and focused on his every thought, I had become a prisoner of, love.

He stood up, neatened his crisp white shirt and turned on the machine next to his laptop. A big flash appeared on the wall behind him, which made my head hurt, I carefully adjusted my eye sight to the frequencies.

He clasped a pen, hesitated on the spot and then began to write onto paper which magically manifested onto the wall.

I thought: Wow, human's technology was just as advanced, as an angel's power.

He rubbed his forehead in thought.

I loved the way he screwed his face in concentration, it was a sign of intelligence, a deep cautious thinker. He wrote, and I admired his old fashioned hand writing, which joined together like a beautiful piece of ribbon.

Suddenly the bell rang, "ding!"

It brought me back to where I really was, in a college classroom. I was not merged inside the soul of Professor Starling. How was I to teach the man, when I could not control myself?

The students created a swarm as they entered like locusts, and greeted their Professor.

"Hi Professor," One politely said.

"Hi teach," one enthused overly confident.

The waves of emotion in the room made me feel claustrophobic. I centered myself and meditated to the sound of professor's voice, "Please can I have quiet, focus thank you, be seated now please."

I finally identified his Norwegian accent, as he projected his voice deeper over the classroom.

He combed his hands through his gorgeous hair, again.

The room fell immediately quiet, as if he had silenced an orchestra. I looked around wondering why, what made the room focus on him as obsessive as I?

Then I noticed it.

A few female students whispered amongst themselves, they were thinking how gorgeous and dreamy Professor was. I did not disagree but his soul was most attractive to me.

"So welcome to Saintly College, my names Professor Starling," He greeted, as he addressed the room, "Today I will run through the syllabus for environmental studies and Biology, and then we will play some games to break the ice," Starling continued very controlled, as he walked around the room.

I thought: Why are we going to be breaking ice?

He went through each section, for each subject and explained what we would do and when tests would take place. Then Professor suggested for us to play a game to get to know each other.

"Class, push the tables to the back of the classroom and move all the chairs into a circle please," Starling asked.

I moved my chair out of the way, and I waited for others to do the same. The females stood back whilst the young men pushed the tables, I believe society had labeled this a masculine task. But I decided to join the males and push the tables too, I was not shy to show my strength.

I placed my hands on my metal table.

Crash!

The whole class turned to look at me.

My force, unbelievably flipped the table over.

"Opps, he, he," I giggled, very embarrassed.

The female's whispered amongst themselves again, this time they could not believe my strength.

"Luna, wow!" Starling's eyes widened in shock, "Just go a little gentler on the next one," He suggested.

He dashed over to help me lift the turned over table, but I had already done it.

"You must have some muscles on you - young lady," He flirted with a grin.

"Sorry about that sir," I rubbed the back of my head, "Yes, I have fought a battle or too in my life, haha!" I joked.

Professor Starling squinted his eye, unsure what I meant by my words. I had screwed up, in matter of minutes. Fantastic, banished to hell.

The class finally arranged the chairs that remained, into a circle.

Starling joined the middle of circle and handled some post-it notes as he spoke, "Right, before we hear about each other, I would like to play a small game called Guess who," Starling pitched.

He explained we needed to guess the celebrity written on the post-it note. He went around the circle clockwise and stuck a post-it note on each of our foreheads. Then each person in the circle would give hints about the celebrity, so they could guess who it was stuck on their forehead.

As the game began, I watched carefully to see how they played. Of course being an old soul I knew of some human things, but I did not know of modern celebrities in particular, I wondered how I would get around this one.

Then just before it came to my turn, I pulled at my shirt collar and swallowed hard in nervousness. But very quickly I realised, I cannot be bad at this game, I read minds! Silly me!

Then a huge smirk grew upon my face.

A girl addressed me, "He has white hair and is a scientist."

I read her mind.

I blurted out, "Albert Einstein!"

The room gasped.

"You cheated, Luna!" Spat one of the girls.

She pointed at me like I was a criminal.

Then a few more joined her, "Yea, cheat!"

"How else did you know, you must have cheated!" Another accused.

"I did not honest, I am not a cheat, I just so happen to like Albert Einstein, he is most popular!" I squeaked in defense.

"So what did he do, then?" A male with blonde hair and glasses accused.

Luckily I thought back to what Anna had taught me about him. I thought: So much for not needing her help during college.

"Well he discovered that we cannot reach the speed of light, with E=MC2," I fought back.

The students were acting just like the group of no thrills. Fortunately, Professor came to my rescue, "Listen up class! I am sure Luna is being honest, it was a lucky guess," Starling announced through the brawl, and took back his authority.

Even here on Earth I was singled out and did not fit, even when I had angelic powers and super awareness of the universe.

I was not troubled with being unpopular, as I did cheat. But how could I begin to explain to them who I was, they would not be able to comprehend it with their narrow minds.

So we went onto introducing ourselves, and talked about what we enjoyed. Most of the males fitted into an English stereotype, as they mentioned football, video games, and horror movies. The girls, also fitted into the shallow repressed feminine stereotype, as they mentioned fashion and cosmetics.

However, I appreciated one sweet girl named Jenifer, she held a gorgeous blue calm energy, and as she loved animals and poetry. I mentioned, I enjoyed nature, animals, art and exposing corruptness.

I wish I could have said, "I like to swim with my fairy friends on Venus, and kill demons."

Then it came to Professors turn, "Well I too, like some of you love animals. I am an environmentalist, and a recent member of the energy and climate committee here in London," He spoke proud, "You may be interested to hear, I am one of the youngest persons in London with a title of Professor, I achieved my PHD in environmental studies when I was just 25. So if you work hard enough, you too, can reach whatever goal you want in life. Oh also I am half Norwegian," He encouraged.

"What do you do, on the committee?" I probed.

I needed to explore his mind. I was hoping I could find clues as to why I needed to teach him how to teleport.

"Well I get petitions going, deliver leaflets, looking into implementing affordable solar power. In my spare time, I report issues on recycling, and pollution. I am working on behalf of parliament, on how to best cut everyone's carbon footprint, and be nature friendly," He pitched egoistically.

"If the government was really concerned about helping the environment, they would not invade countries for oil. Looking at an individual's carbon footprint instead of bigger polluters, like energy companies, just allows them to continue to make millions of pounds, at the expense of the whole of mother earth!" I cried angrily.

I did not realize at the time, but the whole class was staring at me completely clueless. I did not want the attention, I just wanted to test this Professor's integrity.

Strange, I know about the things he mentioned, and I care about them. I have seen the corruption, excuses, and greed throughout the ages expand. I have witnessed this beautiful planet and its creatures being tossed away like a piece of waste. It sickens me, I wish I was not reminded of it.

"Well Luna, class, if we built awareness in every individual to reduce their carbon footprint and invest into solar panels, maybe energy companies wouldn't have complete control over the industry. We have to start somewhere and by teaching in the classroom, individuals like you Luna, can help make a revolution," He pleaded in defensive.

He hoped to get his classes attention back and away from me.

"Teachers pet," Whispered a student.

I smiled and said no more, I had to try and keep my views to myself I did not want to provoke another student.

I knew he would care about this planet he had an attractive soul for a reason. I was happy that Michael sent me to London, to meet such an honorable human. On the contrary, my trip to London was not as miserable, as I once imagined it to be.

Then the school bell rang for lunch, the class got out of their seats and rearranged the tables and chairs back how they first were, when we arrived.

"Listen up! There will be a group assembly for all new joiners after lunch," Professor shouted over the noise.

Some students impolitely left the room but he continued, "Then you're done for the day, do some research about climate change tonight, and I will see you tomorrow," He huffed, and shook his head.

Then he remembered me, attracted like a magnet, he watched me rearrange my desk.

I acknowledged his stare of curiosity as I looked up at him.

"Thank you for today Professor, and for believing me."

I grabbed my bag and walked towards him, he looked down at his desk, a little flustered.

"This committee, I would love to learn more, do they need any volunteers?" I asked eagerly.

I stupidly tried to flirt, with my smile.

"You are keen," He almost whispered.

He took a quick glance at me and he tried to hide his blushed face.

I alluringly placed one hand on his desk, "You intrigued me," I replied softly.

But then, "I will give you some time tomorrow regarding the committee," He paced, as he moved his crazy eyebrows, and pretended to organise his paperwork.

"Thank you Professor, good evening," I headed towards the door,

I smiled secretly and whispered into my chest, "My Starling."



© 2018 Rebecca


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on December 18, 2018
Last Updated on December 18, 2018
Tags: sciencefiction, teen, romance, youngadult, angel, fantasy, scifi


Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

Belfast, United Kingdom



About
Hi everyone! I am currently active on instagram and wattpad at @authorrabishop I love writing, the environment, nature and animals. My current book series 'the girl from our moon' is about an an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rebecca