Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Rebecca

Chapter 5

I felt the heat from a direct bright light, as it shone over my closed eyelids. I could hear muffled voices in the background, but I could not quite make out what they were talking about.

Then the persistent light signaled like Morse code. The source had finally gained my attention, as my eyes blinked repeatedly with bother.

The light flashed off, and I gazed into the intrusive peers of dark brown eyes, that were fixed above a pale green cotton material.

From nowhere the smell of something unnaturally disgusting, chemically strong, travelled up my nose.

It made my mouth water with repulsion.

Then I could feel my throat, it brought up something unpleasant and acidic from the body.

Unexpectedly I jolted up and "bluaaahh!"

Yellow bile flew out of my mouth.

"Nurse! Would you please get the girl a clean gown," Yelled the man, and his brown eyes looked away from me.

He lowered his green facial mask and instantly held his nose.

His eyes darted around my being, studied me expressionless. He stepped back and let go of his nose.

"Hello there, my name is Doctor Knight and you're in London City Hospital. I know you must be feeling awful, but I assure you, my team and I, are doing all we can to help you," Revealed the Doctor in his London accent.

My eyes spotted a disturbance, thin pale wires and thick dark tubes had been attached to my human body, as if I was some sort of experiment.

Then I grew paranoid.

I panicked.

I felt trapped like a rabbit in a cosmetic laboratory.

The doctor stared at me, and ignored the fact I was covered in vomit, "I am not sure if you are aware, but you've been in a nasty accident, and lost a lot of blood," He explained.

I sarcastically thought: I did not know have the slightest inkling, Dr.

"I would like to ask you a few questions, no need to stress, they will be easy," He rushed.

He looked down at his clipboard.

I thought: Was this man thinking clearly, a conversation right now? What is it humans say? He was avoiding the giraffe in the room. I was covered in vomit, for goodness sake. What about his duty of care to make me comfortable?

I could not destress, to answer his questions, because I could not shake what had just happened. I experienced vomiting, and it was most disturbing. In that moment, I felt complete empathy with human suffering, it was just horrific.

Then a strange emotion came over me.

Irritation.

I shook my head violently.

I took my hand and tried to scrape the acidic taste out of my mouth with my nails.

Doctor Knight cringed his face, "Oh that's gross, don't do that!" He sounded disgusted.

Then finally he became useful, he hopped over to my bedside table and filled a glass with water.

"Here wash the taste away."

My hand forced the glass to my face.

Gulp!

Gulp!

I gulped it down.

"AHEM, AWK, GAK, AHEM!" I coughed and nearly chocked.

This was the first time I had ever had a drink.

He jumped behind me and patted my back harder than he should have, "Relax, you act as if you haven't had a glass of water before," He shamed me.

I thought: How dare you touch me! Oh how I want to pat you back, twice as hard.

"I must check over your head scans, your behavior is quite erratic," He studied his chart then tapped it in thought, "Let's see what the pharmacy can prescribe, to relax your nerves, and make you feel better," He uttered.

His words made him sound like an honorable man, but I read the man's thoughts. "This A and E has set me back hours, how will I have time for my private today, if only this job paid enough."

The doctor was clearly really intolerant.

I thought: Choose another profession you cruel man. I just want to ping that green mask from your face and wham!

"Here's the gown doctor," The nurse politely interrupted my thoughts.

She admired the doctor as she danced towards my bed.

However, "Thank you nurse," He blankly replied, as he examined my head he hardly acknowledged the woman.

Upset and irritated that she was not appreciated, she frowned, shook her head and took her frustration out on me. Then the nightmare nurse maneuvered me, like an insentient rag doll. With aggression she undid the ties of my grey vomit covered gown and dressed me in a clean flowery pattern one. Then she pulled on the strings and tightened it harsher, than a Victorian corset.

"I will be back in a moment," Dr Knight mumbled as he focused in his papers.

I lay back down on the bed, and sighed with some relief, that I felt a little cleaner.

Then they both dashed out of the room.

I felt so weak, I was desiring to heal myself.

"London, of all the places on Earth, oh the misfortune!" I rolled my tender eyes, "I should have known when I opened my mouth for the first time," I cried.

I moved my wondering eyes around the room, they were exhausted and felt heavy and I just wanted to close them again. But I could not, I was utterly disturbed and morbidly curious.

"Beep. Beep," An annoyingly high pitch sound repeated tediously, "Beep. Beep."

I believe I was attached to a machine that monitored my heart rate. I touched my aching head and felt a patch of soft cotton, though I could not see I knew it must have been bandages.

I looked underneath my gown, at the rest of my foreign body, there would not be any permanent damage, just a few minor cuts and purple bruises. I had a good stare at my female parts, they were interesting but not attractive.

I did not really care, it was only temporary. I laughed when I thought about why people called them 'boo-bees', they were pointy like a bee's stinger, and that was strange enough to give anyone a fright.

I tried not to pull on the translucent wires, as I leaned to look out of the fingerprint infested window, onto the spooky hospital corridor floor.

The very creepy low lights, the grey drawn blinds to other patient's rooms, settled a suspicion of conspiracy within my chemically imbalanced brain.

On extra alert, I tuned into the frequencies out there in the unknown zone, but I heard no sound, not one, single, footstep.

I thought: So it was obvious I was in a stinky hospital, and the doctor thinks I was in a car crash. But was I or was this all an illusion? I needed answers.

"Michael! Metatron! Explain!" I cried, as I tightened my pink fists in a rage.

"Keep your voice down Luna!" A loud voice boomed and the sound ricocheted like an echo in a canon.

The voice deepened, "Luna, you needed to come to Earth this way. You need to have enough brain damage to explain memory loss," it was Michael.

"Memory loss? Brain damage? I do not have braa-," I cried confused.

I looked around the room for Michael but he was not there, he spoke inside my head.

"Luna you must remain focused on your quest! Do not get agitated. You will draw unnecessary attention to yourself," Michael snapped.

I rolled my sore eyes at him.

Then as if he saw me roll my eyes, a louder warning presented in his voice, "Do you want to be locked up in a ward and unable to complete your mission?!"

"No I do not, because I am not unstable! Pfft, and I know what I am," I snapped aloud to the room.

I folded my arms.

I huffed, I was annoyed at his outburst.

I was aching, confused and I wanted to go home.

"Listen now! You are a young lost woman named Luna!" He boomed again.

"Ouch," I cried.

It was as if my sensitive ears were attacked by a strong rustle of wind.

I held my head and covered my ears.

He continued to use his strong sharp voice through my head, "You cannot remember who you are or who your parents are."

I placed my hand to my head like a solider in a line up, "Yes I understand sir! It's all been planned sir!" I announced and acted obedient.

I did not want to annoy him any more than I had, but I could not help acting like the child, he always insisted I was.

I let my eyes wonder around the room, "When will I meet this mysterious, Professor Starling?" I questioned.

"Luna, enough. Earth depends on you, everything will follow in due course. Be strong and use your scroll," He echoed, then his voice disappeared.

I thought: If any human saw me talking to myself they would have thought I was a mentally insane patient. But why did Michael always have to be so direct? I know I am on duty and not on good terms with him right now, but I just wanted some reassurance I was not going about this alone, I mean I have never been human before!

With no one around, I thought: Why should I suffer? I am still an angel, I shall heal myself. I better keep the evidence of injury or I may draw suspicion to myself.

Flash!

The whole room lit up beautifully colourful.

My rainbow powers had expanded from the center of my chest and then they travelled around the rest of my body.

The room then dimmed when my powers had completed their healing.

I was so drained from the traumatic event, and then my vessel must have felt tried, because it yawned and it felt strangely, good.

Then ten minutes later Dr Knight returned full face to the room. I smiled at him as I thought: Shame, I really wanted to ping that mask in revenge.

His eyes widened at me, surprised at my smile.

He rubbed the back of his stiff neck, and forced a smile.

"You seem a little calmer now, can I just check your eyes and your wound," He softly spoke, as he respected the slumber of the hospital floor.

Dr Knight sat at the edge of my bed as he touched my head.

I looked deeply into his brown eyes and like an innocent child, I bluntly said, "My name is Luna."

I loved the sound of my new vocals, I sounded quite sweet, which harmonized with the sound of my soul.

He raised his eyebrows at me, "Oh! You remember your name," His voice went higher.

Did I mess up already? Was I meant to wait to be asked? I was just trying to be polite.

I squeaked, "Surprised?"

I sounded as if I was panicking.

In spite of everything, I was grateful that he did operate on me. I needed to change this man's attitude towards me, so I could leave safely.

"Yes. Because Luna, the extent, of," He pronounced slowly, smugly and closed his eyes whilst he spoke, "The brain damage you have experienced to your hippo-cam-pus."

(I took this opportunity to learn about my 'condition')

"What is a hippo-campus?" I questioned, as I looked through his papers, with my super peripheral vision.

Angels could be sly, we knew how to investigate, but of course that was helped by the obvious mind reading ability.

Then he shined another light in my eyes.

I blinked and could not stop, as the light left an orb in my eye line.

"It's a part of your brain, we hope the damage is not permanent. I did all I could in surgery," Dr Knight faked a tone of reassurance, as he watched my eyes move.

He stood again, and acted shifty as he rubbed his chin.

Then he peered into my eyes, as if he could will me to expose my truth.

"So Luna, do you remember anything before waking up here? Are you aware you were in a car crash just off the A406?" He questioned.

Was he trying to do voodoo on me? Or was he trying a psychoanalyses technique? Those psychiatrics think they perfected the mind, well he cannot read a 'highly trained angel investigator' or my body language! Watch me act, I am a performer!

I shook my head in response.

"We found you and your vehicle at Brent reservoir yesterday morning around 6am. Why were you driving so early in the morning?" He interrogated me like I was a criminal.

I sat up towards him.

I was done being intimidated.

I read his mind, "I think I asked too many questions, dam police, always on my back, I am not an interrogator, as if she would tell me anything anyway. But this incident is odd. Why am I spending this much time on a NHS patient anyway? But there's something intriguing, about this case, and she seems so... familiar..."

I paused for a moment and thought back to what Michael had just told me.

I pretended to think.

Then I grew fake worry over my face.

"I am ever so sorry, I do not remember, anything other than my name," I apologised, as I pretended to cry.

"Don't cry, it's going to be ok," Dr Knight faked as he leaned towards me and patted my back. Again.

I thought: Enough with the back patting.

I realised I needed to act over sensitive, and put aside my assertive attitude or I would be stuck in this stinky hospital or worse sent to Mars.

I shivered at the horrific thought.

He spoke slowly, as he cautioned me with his eyes, "The po-lice will come to talk, to you soon. And question you about your acci-dent, and if you remember any-thing, it would be in your best inte-rest, to tell them the tru-th."

I wanted to tell him to stop talking to me like a deaf illiterate person. I was thousands of light-years older than him and far more intelligent then he would ever understand.

"Arggh!" I screamed inside my mind.

He touched my head to reassure me, "Do you know how old you are?" He calmly enquired.

I succumbed to his fake affection. I remembered my scroll details, and lied naturally, "I think, I am 17."

Then I frowned.

With more theatrics, I lay back, held my hand over my face and pretended to be in shock.

"There you go there's something else you remember," He said, then pointed one finger at me, "Your parents must be worried. We are going to look up your first name in the Hospital database, see if we can identify who you are."

He rubbed his chin.

"But that will be all for today. Now please sleep if you can, I don't want to stress you," He sounded aloof, with his mind elsewhere.

So I read his mind as he walked away, he shook his head, "No identification, the car wasn't insured, no mobile phone, a teen without a mobile phone? Posh speaking, even the dress she was wearing when she arrived, was from another time, what is she hiding? Ooo! Maybe she's a lord's daughter, nice reward for me."

"But Doctor, I would like to know the duration of my stay?" I asked loudly.

However he strolled away without a care, more concerned about the police, who hoped to arrest me.

I slammed my hands on the bed, in a huff.

Surprisingly he popped his head back through the threshold.

"I'm not sure, it depends if we can identify you, if not, how quickly we can find you a home. We can talk more tomorrow," He informed.

He looked down to his watch and closed my door.

I thought: A home?!



© 2018 Rebecca


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on December 18, 2018
Last Updated on December 18, 2018
Tags: sciencefiction, teen, romance, youngadult, angel, fantasy, scifi


Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

Belfast, United Kingdom



About
Hi everyone! I am currently active on instagram and wattpad at @authorrabishop I love writing, the environment, nature and animals. My current book series 'the girl from our moon' is about an an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rebecca