Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Rebecca

Chapter 8 

My eyes shot open.

I woke up startled in the middle of the night.

I panted heavy, and my heart felt on the edge of explosive.

But there was nothing to fear, it was only the sound of my boudoir clock.

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

The Earth's soulless moon shined pryingly, over my new bedcovers, and I rolled over the cozy double bed, to acknowledge it. I looked out of the smoggy window, and saw my moon, my shell, my physical vessel.

I wondered if it knew I was here, that I had left it behind, alone and cold in space.

Then I thought about a human's body, did the body know when the soul dies? Does it understand the emptiness? Do physical things have a consciousness?

I deliberately did not draw the curtains, as I was a little anxious to sleep in a new place. It was strange for me to be confined in a room with four walls, it was like a prison, but at least I was out of hospital.

All I wanted to do was fly away, above the earth and play in the clouds again. I scanned the beach sandy walls of my new boudoir and then I imagined my turquoise duvet was the sea, and I flapped it up and down, and made waves.

My bed was then a boat, and I pretended I was sailing on one of Earth's many oceans. My imagination took flight and suddenly the water lifted me into space.

Splash!

I dived into Hydro's luscious lagoon.

Oh how much I wished it to be true.

As I yawned I relaxed a little, but I was still home sick.

Then I started to think about what I was meant to do, next on my mission.

Flash!

A bright light appeared in the corner of the room.

Slowly, the light transformed into a hazy blue energy, and it moved steadily, towards me.

I gulped, was this an alien visitation?

Little by little, the blue haze sharpened, and formed a familiar, clearer, silhouette.

"Ha, ha, he, he," I heard a chuckle, "Ahoy there Captain Luna, I'm here to guide you around the sea's."

The cheerful masculine voice spoke to me telepathically.

I recognised the Arch Angel.

I thought: Instant manifestation. Perfect timing.

"Arch Angel Raphael, this is a surprise!" I cried with delight, as I jolted upright.

But beneath the jokes and laughter, I sensed a hidden, dark clouded worry in Raphael's aura. My head frowned lines, "What has happened?" I cried.

"Luna shhh, you must not disturb Anna," He sighed and his green eyes saddened, "It's, Metatron, he- he- never returned to the council tower," Raphael stuttered.

"What!" I whispered loudly and my mouth widened in shock.

My eyes followed his unusually unhappy round face as he travelled towards the bed. He sat, crossed one of his theoretical legs over the other.

He frowned and his Egyptian eyeliner flicked down instead of up, "Did he mention anything to you?" He looked through my new body, into my angelic soul, as if I was a suspect.

"No," I replied.

I wondered: Where could he have possibly went after he sent me here.

He frowned again, disappointed he had found no trace in my memories of where Metatron might be. I grew more worried that an Arch Angel, was looking to me, the rebel for answers. I doubted myself again, had I chosen the right path?

"No need to worry Luna, Michael has told me you have chosen the right path," He shared, after reading my mind.

His cheeky smile returned, and his eyeliner flicked up again, without a care.

But I wanted to go home, "I sense something is wrong, shall I return back home?" I whispered in a panic.

I hoped I could go back already.

"Luna, captain of the seas! You must complete your mission, you are bigger than you realize."

He came closer, reassured me as he touched my head and felt my aura.

"But please! If I am needed I should be permitted, I can help, it is my home and Metatron is my family too."

I held my face in my hands ready to cry.

"All will be fine."

I looked up at him.

As if I was a baby he made a funny face in an attempt to make me laugh.

"I assure you Luna, now please listen." Raphael asserted, as he firmly touched my hands.

"What tomorrow entails is very important, you must enroll at Saintly College," he revealed, "Luna, do not be alarmed, but we found your scroll," He waved it at me, "You will need this, why did you not take it with you?" He disciplined.

"My scroll," I snatched it, like a child had found their lost teddy bear. "Metatron told me it could not go through portals."

"You needed it to guide you, if I had not come, you would not have known about Saintly. Damn meddling Metatron!" He scolded.

He let out a long sigh.

Raphael pointed to the scroll, "You must refer back to it, it will guide you," He informed.

Then strangely, he grinned mischievously, as if he had a secret.

"You will be on your own from now on, the council needs extra guards now. Peter, well can get a little frightened on his own. When the quest is complete we will come and collect you. Good luck Luna, we are counting on you," He whispered.

In an instant he disappeared with a flash.

I thought: I need to take my quest seriously, because I am now on my own.

What I could not fathom was, what was so special about this, mysterious Professor Starling.

***

I had awoken to the sound of the golden sun, as it sung like a children's church choir. My ears were blessed by its high vibrational continuous quaver.

The suns music was just a polite, sweet warning, that it was on its way to energize your soul. Its warmth was the real seducer, and its spirit tethered me into a heated sensual mediation.

Only the spirit of another planet could tune into the sound of the Sun's soul and every planet sings a different set of notes. If you were ever fortunate enough to hear me, you could excitedly tap dance to my wild, rhythmic, drum beats.

I sat with my knees tightly towards my chest, and my hands curled underneath my curious chin, in a pose of wonder. I felt an emotion, could it have been loneliness, was I missing something?

I thought: I would marry the sun if it were possible. The sun is the only thing that provokes me enough, to want to join it in oneness.

Being the spirit of the moon, I am only able to witness the suns beauty from afar, because every time I long to move closer, it moves that little bit further away. So for now I only shine enough to be noticed as an admirer, just not so brightly, to be a companion.

But one day soon there will be an eclipse. Once my quest is complete and my life on Venus is over, I will return into the moons atmosphere and maybe I will propose to the Sun, that we merge and start a whole new kind of Earth.

I had no idea what had come over me. I put it down to missing my angelic form, as being in this human body was so extra-terrestrial to me. But I knew I needed to fulfil the desires that flowed inside of me, otherwise I would not return.

"Knock, knock."

There was a knock at the door.

"Luna, are you awake?" Anna whispered.

I snapped out of my day dream.

"Yes, Anna," I responded, half asleep.

"Can I come in?" she asked.

"Yes, Anna." I replied again, like a monotonous robot.

She opened the door and thumped her heavy footsteps into the room.

"Good morning, how was your first night's sleep? In the house of Fredrick? I always wake up at 6, hope you don't mind," She enthused.

Louis pushed past Anna and nearly knocked her over.

Louis was either strong or desperate to see me, as Anna was not exactly easy to knock over, she was a little plump, to be polite.

"Louis! Honestly you would think I didn't exist!" She moaned and shook her head, "He is besotted with you Luna."

He wagged his little tail, over and over as if he was a propeller about to take flight.

I tried to prevent a yawn, "Ahhh-Yes, sorry- about that."

"So, on the agenda today. Clothes shopping and you can help walk Louis, as you both get on soo well," She explained a little sarcastic.

I rubbed my puffy eyes.

Louis jumped up and landed his sharp claws on my bed. Then he planted a slobbery lick on my lips.

"Good morning to you to, Louis."

I cleaned my mouth with the duvet.

"Don't be doing that," Anna grabbed the blue duvet with her big hands, "Just wash your face. You need a bath anyway. Once you are ready and come down for some breakfast. You can borrow my clothes for today," Anna thumped out of my room.

I heard her fumble and thump around in her bedroom closet. I thought: She is heavy handed, and I am clumsy, what a duo we are.

I went to climb out of bed, but Louis backed his cute, fury, brindle bottom up against me. He looked up with incredible honesty, as he searched for a stroke.

I thought it was rather adorable to be so obvious about it, I wished I could shrink him, put him in my pocket and take him everywhere with me.

I stroked him over and over, and telepathically I whined, "Oh Louis, when will there be time to play! Oh! Pfft! I guess I better stop moaning and get ready."

Louis finally obedient raced out of the room, and let me commence my day. I let out a long sigh and stretched out my limbs.

I unenthusiastically hunched over and stomped like a dull mindless, zombie to the bathroom. I carelessly closed the door with my foot and realised I had officially turned into a typical teenage girl.

I ran a bath and thought: It's my first time having an actual bath in a tub, yay! No more sponges, from nosey nurses.

My face cringed over the memory of being washed by them.

I took my new bamboo tooth brush, specifically chosen for me, and scooped some toothpaste which was from a fully biodegradable, recyclable, glass jar.

After our early dinner, I voiced my concerns about plastic pollution and oil pollution and immediately Anna drove to local health store to accustom to my needs.

As if she had some hidden agenda to please me, or lied to me, "Everything is ethically sourced," she reassured me.

I cared about Earth, I wanted to live guilt free as much as possible, even if it was only for a short time. Yes maybe I was selfishly, overly concerned about creating bad karma, as I already did enough damage as a god.

But at least I could tell Michael, I had taught a human being a life lesson, whilst I was here.

I brushed my sensitive teeth, very softly and I giggled as the brush tickled my gums. I meditatively listened to the sound of the water as it gushed from the taps, and then day dreamed about last night.

"Taps," I cried.

I remembered I was running a bath.

I turned the taps off just in time.

"Phew, lucky escape."

I stripped down, and as I climbed in the bath I soaked parts of the floor.

"When will I learn?" I huffed, "Elegance, is so difficult to attain!"

I searched for something to wash my body with, and I read, 'Real Strawberry and Vanilla body wash'.

I analyzed the tin lid, I carefully unscrewed it and smelt inside.

"Mmmm." It smelt delicious, "Great choice Anna," I enthused to myself.

I lathered the soap between my hands, washed myself and yes, I stupidly tasted the body wash.

I shook with horror, "Errrrr!"

I spat into the water.

I fussed, "That does not taste how it smells!"

I curiously read the back of the product, "Surely that is not for eating, but it says 'real', how odd."

After I mopped up my spillage with a towel, I casually strolled out onto the landing as if the whole experience went swimmingly.

Oddly, Anna and Louis waited outside for me.

I noticed Anna's jaw drop, it was wide enough, that she could have caught flies.

"Luna! You're naked!" She cried.

She covered her eyes.

I had only realised what I was doing.

I was not an angel that had just left Hydro's luscious lagoon.

I was a teenage girl.

Whom pranced around naked!

My faced blushed red.

I hastily tried to cover my breasts with my hands.

And I neglected to cover my lower region!

Finally I turned around in shame.

"I am ever so sorry! It was an innocent mistake. I had no garments and I just forgot myself, it's my memory. I am so sorry!" I babbled.

Luckily Anna thought fast.

She ran to the bathroom grabbed a towel and covered me up.

"I believe you may have lived in a house of nudists," She joked.

"Do you really think so?" I stupidly asked.

She showed me how to tuck my towel in, "No, no it was a joke," She held her head in her hands, "Oh girl you have a lot to learn, everything is so literal to you."

Then she itched her forehead, a little uncomfortable that we were still having the same conversation.

"Just please, for your safety and my safety," she gestured her fingers into little legs and pretended to walk them in the air, "Let's not walk around naked. Cover yourself with a towel then go to your room and change from now on," She explained.

I charged to my room, like the huffy teenager I was and I thought: What was I thinking? Three stupid moves already and the day has only begun!

I put on Anna's dark oversized clothes, "It will have to do, cannot be prancing around naked now, can I?"

I shook my head and slapped my face in shame.

"I better start acting human or I will never get this quest over with."

Then I raced my way down the stairs and Louis chased after me. He tried to nibble my feet, he was always so playful.

"Ahhh! Ouch, Louis stop it! Ha-ha," I playfully screamed.

"What's all that uproar?!" Anna shouted from the kitchen.

I yelled back, "Nothing!"

"I wish I could just play all day with you Louis, but I am working," I spoke telepathically.

Louis licked my hand, waddled into the kitchen and I followed behind him.

Anna chomped away on a mouthful of granola, as she read through my medical documents and fostering papers. As her aura lit up purple with satisfaction my stomach rumbled. I reached for an over ripe banana, and sat down at the table with her.

"Drip, Drip,"

I looked outside the kitchen window.

Unexpectedly, it poured down with rain.

I cried with my mouth full of banana, "I thought it was summer in August, in England? Why is it raining so heavy?!"

"The seasons are like a myth these days, oh well, climate change. What can I do about it? Don't talk with your mouth full," Anna scolded.

I felt a tickle by my feet, "He, he," I giggled then covered my mouth.

Anna glanced over at me, "Random giggle Luna. Do you care to share?"

I shook my head, but as I did, I felt the tickle again.

I bit down on my lip and I peeked under the table.

Like a well-trained caddy, Louis had fetched me something long, black and white in his mouth.

He dropped a newspaper soaked in his saliva, into my lap.

I carefully opened the newspaper onto the table, and I cringed as I flicked a line of Louis's gooey slobber onto the floor. I watched Anna as I did, but luckily she was focused on the fostering documents.

I read an advertisement, 'Open day 13th August Saintly College'.

I looked to the front of the paper, the date would be today.

I thought: A sign from Michael I must go, and I excitedly jumped out of my chair.

I tapped Anna's arm, "Anna, Anna, please look what I have seen," I cried and I accidently I spat banana at her.

I tried to pretend I had not noticed, but I swallowed hard with guilt.

"What is it Luna?" she peered at me annoyingly.

I turned the newspaper towards her and pointed.

Her eyebrow raised, "You want to go to this open day?" She asked.

"Yes precisely."

I smiled.

"Luna. I don't think this year you should be going to college. I think the doctor wants you to try and recall the past and focus on getting better. Don't you think studying would be stressful? After all you have been through?" She questioned.

She looked at me with concern.

It was my duty to persuade her, I needed to complete my mission.

"Honestly, I think sitting around the house all day would make me more stressed. I need to be around people my own age and maybe it will trigger things back to me."

"Hmmm," She thought for a moment, "Ok. Luna, if you are sure. I don't want you to miss out on a normal teenage life. We can go after shopping," She submitted.

I was ecstatic, I won!

I hugged her from the side, "Thank you ever so much!"

She touched my head with affection.

But..

"Now young lady, grab a cloth from the sink, so I can wipe this banana off me," She rolled her green eyes, "Luna you must really try contain yourself! Your new friends and teachers won't be as tolerant."

An embarrassed smile appeared on my awkward face. 



© 2018 Rebecca


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on December 18, 2018
Last Updated on December 18, 2018
Tags: sciencefiction, teen, romance, youngadult, angel, fantasy, scifi


Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

Belfast, United Kingdom



About
Hi everyone! I am currently active on instagram and wattpad at @authorrabishop I love writing, the environment, nature and animals. My current book series 'the girl from our moon' is about an an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rebecca


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rebecca