Chapter VI: A Fated Plan

Chapter VI: A Fated Plan

A Chapter by Spider Rose
"

Something dark is creeping into the world, and it is time to gather the Spirits - special individuals burdened with the duty of bringing a tilting world back into balance.

"

Chapter VI

A Fated Plan

“We must be very careful Jack...” Yami said as he lit a candle, turning to look at his friend.  “She is an exceptionally smart girl.  I do not want...” He trailed off, looking out the window.

They stood in Yami’s room, whispering the the dim light of a single candle so they would not be overheard.

“Us to be found out...” Jack finished in a quiet murmur. He looked sharply at Yami with a hawk-like glare, his blue eyes fierce.

Yami nodded solemnly. “Yes.” He replied. “Things are getting risky. Awfully risky...”

“Do you think...it's really her?”  Jack asked softly, “One of the Spirits?”

“Yes. ‘I have a plan. A girl has been planted on this planet, breathed into with a holy breath.’  That is what Father said.”  He nodded towards the door, “He has graced me with the honor of protecting her.”

Jack leaned against the wall, eyes closed in contemplation. “One of the Seven Spirits. I remember studying them in school �" I think.  Or maybe  I was just told the story so many times I only think I remember.  It’s hard to tell sometimes.”

“Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Light, Shadow, and Time...”' Yami quoted, “'Those who create, those who destroy...”'

“Those who clash. and those who synchronize...” Jack joined in.

“The Ancients will live, the Ancients will die.” They quoted in unison, “The Spirits will remain. Earth will sculpt yet hinder, Air will deliver yet suffocate, Fire will build yet destroy, Water will grant life yet bring death, Shadow will corrupt yet advance, Light will blind and save, Time will never cease.”

“They are one, they are everything, the One who created us, the Faceless Being, the Perfect Crafter. The Master Alchemist.”

“The Civilizations of Man will fall, races of Magik will rise, races of science will climb, races of war will grow, races of religion will ascend.”

“The Unknown Spirits...” Jack interrupted in a whisper, cutting off the quote, “The ones who do not realize their fate.”

He quoted a verse from the Book of he and Yami's people, “Souls of pure, hands thought stained with unintended blood, one a lie, one a truth...'”  He turned to Yami, “It’s said they’ll save the world and start its end in the same instance...”

“That is the prophecy.” Yami whispered, “Let us see if it is to be true.”



© 2015 Spider Rose


Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Author's Note

Spider Rose
I'm interested in anything that you think will improve this writing. From grammar and spelling errors, to funny dialogue and plot holes that I've missed, to things that just don't sound right.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on February 9, 2015
Last Updated on February 9, 2015
Tags: fantasy, mages, mage, magic, magick, series, good and evil, adventure, journey, romance ma