Chapter Twelve: Tyler

Chapter Twelve: Tyler

A Chapter by Created to Write

The air tastes foul. I see the mask I managed to find after helping the attendant. I gasp and rip it off my face. I notice the blood on its cracked surface and throw it forward. I look around the room and see the others. They could be unconscious or dead.
I try to get up then remember my seatbelt and I fumble with the latch to free myself. I move to the old woman. Her mouth is open with a final scream. There is no breath coming from it. She's dead. I move to the opposite side of the plane. I check the pulse of each of the business men. They're all dead. 
Then I see a magazine in the aisle. It has a garden on it. Oh no.

I run to the bathroom and I gently knock.
"Steven." I ask, "You okay?" No one answers. I continue to knock.
"Steven! Steven, are you alright?" I yell, starting to panic. A lazy groan comes behind the door.
"Steven! Steven, please open the door!" I yell after trying to turn the door handle. He groans again. I hear a whimper. Or was that a sob?

"Ty I... I don't think I can." He tells me. His voice is scared.

"What do you mean? Open the door, okay, it's not funny!" I say, hoping he's joking and all he has is a bruise.

"I can't." He says. I shake my head slowly. No, no no! He has to! I need to see that he's alright. I look at the door. With all my strength, I shove my weight against the door. It doesn't budge. I try again and again, but to no avail.

"Steven, I can't open it, you have to." I tell him. He has to open it for me. I hear something sliding and the lock changes from 'occupied' to 'vacant.' I push the door open and look around for him.

He's against the wall by the door, half slumped with a towel on his torso. A very bloody towel.

"Steven! Are you alright? Come on, buddy, talk to me." I order him, scared for my twin. His eyes start drooping so I tap him on the cheek to keep him awake.

I focus on the very red towel he holds at his side. I'm okay with blood, but with it coming from my brother because of a slab of glass deep in his skin, that worries me .

"Alright, come on, we need to get you out of here, and now." I position myself to pick him up. He's heavier than the flight attendant. I hear him gasp in agony. I switch my hold so I hold him under his neck and back. He's not going to be able to walk right now.

I carry him through the plane to the big hole in the back. It split right where the entrance to each of the sections of the plane was. The coach bathroom was split in half. I could have been there if I didn't wait for Steven to come out. Then I realize. What if I went to the bathroom first?

I make it to the hole without falling, but I feel like I might. Down by the other end of the plane, there are two girls. One is covered in blood and the other is puking.

"Hey! Over here!" I yell. They look over at me. "I need help. He's hurt." The blood covered one stands up and winces. The other pushes her back down and gets up instead.

When she makes it to me, she holds his shoulders and head as I carry his legs. We set him down on one of the large flat rocks.
He opens his eyes a bit as the girl that helped looks at him.


© 2015 Created to Write


Author's Note

Created to Write
I wrote this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on June 10, 2014
Last Updated on April 18, 2015


Author

Created to Write
Created to Write

NY



About
Random facts about me: ~ I'm a Christian (And growing in my faith) ~ My favorite colors are blue, silver, red, and purple. ~ I play the flute. ~ I'm a huge grammar and spelling nut. - I believe t.. more..

Writing
Details Details

A Chapter by Created to Write