Chapter Fifteen: Steven

Chapter Fifteen: Steven

A Chapter by Created to Write

I groan quietly, opening my eyes again. I keep going in and out of consciousness. My head throbs, and it has been since I first woke up after the crash. I look around, trying not to move my head much, but I don't see Tyler, and I don't feel him holding my hand. 

"Tyler?" I called, my voice scratchy and weak. "Tyler!" 

I start to sit up, trying to ignore the pain, but a gentle hand stops me. "Where is my brother?" I demand, feeling my heart picking up the pace. 

"He's fine, don't worry. He just went to clear out the plane." A girl said next to me. 

I looked over and saw that same girl that's been by my side for a while now. I don't even know her name. 

"You just need to lay down and relax. Your brother will be back soon." She said softly. 

I hesitate, then groan in pain and lay down, the pain coming back to me. My back, my head, my stomach, everything. It all hurts, some worse than others. 

"My name is Diane." She said softly. 

I nod, setting my hand on my sore stomach. I don't feel good... 

"There's a storm coming in, and maybe we could-" 

I groan slightly, trying to shift my position a bit, but that only makes me feel worse. I open my eyes and see my brother and some brunette carrying one of the dead businessmen out of the first class section of the plane, and I feel my stomach twist. 

"I really don't feel well." I said quietly, closing my eyes again. 

"Do you need to sit up or something?" She asked, her quiet voice sounding worried. 

"I just... I think I'm going to throw up." I said quietly, taking slow, deep breaths. 

She nodded and helped me roll over onto my side, and that was all it took for me to throw up the last bit of food in my stomach. When I opened my eyes again, Tyler was right there next to me, looking worried. 

"Steven, are you alright?" He asked quietly. 

I hesitated not sure how to answer that. After a moment, I sighed and shook my head. 

"I... I think there might be some Advil in my bag. Do you want some?" He asked, and I nod again. 

"That's actually a good idea. Let's get our bags and go through them, see what all we have to work with." The brunette said. 

I start to sit up, but the brunette stops me. 

"Whoa, Steven, you need to just relax, let that wound heal a little bit." She said. 

"Who are you?" I asked quietly. 

"My name's Mariah." She said quietly. "And I'm trying to help take care of you. Don't worry about anything, your brother and I've got things taken care of." 

I hesitate, then nod, laying back down and watching her go into the coach seats. I shift my position every so often, then pain eventually becoming almost too much to bear. When Tyler finally returns, I eagerly take the Advil a the last sip of his Mountain Dew he'd gotten earlier. Most of it must have spilled. 

When the pain finally begins to dull down to a slight ache, I try sitting up again, needing to at leastdo that.


© 2015 Created to Write


Author's Note

Created to Write
Silent Wolf's chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on June 11, 2014
Last Updated on April 18, 2015


Author

Created to Write
Created to Write

NY



About
Random facts about me: ~ I'm a Christian (And growing in my faith) ~ My favorite colors are blue, silver, red, and purple. ~ I play the flute. ~ I'm a huge grammar and spelling nut. - I believe t.. more..

Writing
Details Details

A Chapter by Created to Write