Chapter Thirteen: Mariah

Chapter Thirteen: Mariah

A Chapter by Created to Write

I hesitate, then get up when I see Diane turn green, having her sit down. I can walk, as long as in careful on my foot. I kneel down next to the guy, and I physically wince when I see his condition. I don't say anything for a moment, taking in the extent of his injuries, listening to the guy with dark hair explain what happened. 

After he finished explaining, I reached over and gently grabbed the piece of glass, ignoring his wince. I hesitated, then carefully pulled it out, trying not to focus on his screams of pain. It didn't come out more than a few centimeters before I had to stop. Right now, it's life or death for him. 

I look to the first guy. "We're going to need something to stitch him up with." I said quietly. 

He nods and runs back into first class, returning with some thread and a sewing needle. Well, it will have to work. Hopefully it's sterile. 

I turn back to the injured man and gently grab the piece of glass and start to pull, being careful so as not to cut him more. Diane comes back over to try to keep the guy calm and still while I pull it out. 

When the piece of glass finally slides out, blood comes gushing up out of the wound. I'll have to act fast. I carefully pull his shirt up and unwind some thread to sew up the wound. I thread the needle, then begin, trying not to imagine how much it would hurt him. 

I've had stitches once, so I know how to do them, it's just a matter of time. I keep having to get my face down close to bite the thread, and the smell of blood makes me feel worse every time, but I can't just stop and let him die. I finally get the last stitch in and give a sigh of relief. 

"You need to rest for a while so you can recover." I said quietly, checking over his other wounds. I doubt he heard me. 

He has a lot of cuts and bruises, and I think his foot might be broken by the way it's sitting, but nothing that looks too serious. Diane stays next to him, despite the green color on her face, trying to comfort him, though I doubt he can hear her either. I look to the other guy. 

"What are your guys' names?" I asked softly. 

"I'm Tyler, and this is my brother, Steven." 

"I'm Mariah, and this is Diane. Your brother here should be alright as long as he takes it easy for a while. He needs time to recover." I said quietly. 

Tyler nodded, then looked around. I followed suit, noticing things I didn't notice before. We were in a forest so dense that the trees were only a few feet apart from each other, minus the few knocked down by the plane crash. The ground around us was mostly dirt and rock with a few bushes poking up here and there, but a little deeper into the forest there were more plants on the ground. 

"It's actually kind of pretty here." Tyler said quietly beside me, startling me back to reality. I must have zoned out. 

I nod quietly, continuing to look around until suddenly my gaze met his. 

"You know, minus the giant broken plane in the middle, it kind of is." 

He smiled softly, then pulled a piece of cloth out of his pocket and gently set it against my forehead. 

"You're bleeding." He said quietly.


© 2015 Created to Write


Author's Note

Created to Write
Silent Wolf wrote this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on June 10, 2014
Last Updated on April 18, 2015


Author

Created to Write
Created to Write

NY



About
Random facts about me: ~ I'm a Christian (And growing in my faith) ~ My favorite colors are blue, silver, red, and purple. ~ I play the flute. ~ I'm a huge grammar and spelling nut. - I believe t.. more..

Writing
Details Details

A Chapter by Created to Write