Auspice Crystal

Auspice Crystal

A Chapter by Writer

"I'm home!" Minako shouted across the large room. She waited until Rui was inside the house before closing the door behind.

"Welcome back Miss Minako!" Tate said happily, dusting the TV with a cloth. However, it was not dirty at all. "How was your day?"

"It's pretty good I guess." she said as she sat down on one of the loveseat. "Akihto told me to come back extra early, so, here I am!" she smiled cheerfully. "I wonder why though." she said.

Rui stood behind her with his head held high and straight.

"Rui." Minako said, turning her head behind to him. Rui looks down at her, ready to take her order. "You know, you could sit down too if you want. I mean, I'm not REALLY your master." Minako suggested.

"No, thank you." Rui rejected. "It could not be polite to do so."

"OK then...Suit yourself." Minako said and turned back around.

Tate laughed. "Don't worry Miss Minako." Tate chuckled. "Rui is always like that, but I do agree with him." Tate said. "Butlers shouldn't sit down next to their masters." he pointed out.

Minako sighed and didn't say anything. "So where's Akihto?" she asked, getting a little impatient.

"Oh. I think he's in his room." he realized. "I'll go get him for you Miss Minako." he smiled and walked up the stairs.

Hearing what Tate had always called her, Miss Minako, makes Minako feel a little high-classed, although she really is like a poor peasant.

I opened my drawer and took out the 'thing' with my right hand. "I guess you should really be finding an owner, huh?" I said softly to the 'thing' I was holding.

"Akihto, Miss Minako is waiting for you down stairs." Tate said to me through the door.

Hearing the voice of Tate, I was a bit startled, not expecting someone to come to me while I was in my large room. "Yes, I'm coming." I yelled, a little louder than my normal voice. I took the 'thing' and put it in my pocket.

"Is she down stairs?" I asked, closing my door behind me.

"Yes she is." Tate smiled. "She is quite the young lady."

"Hm." I replied, not knowing or caring what to say back. We both walked down the stairs to see Minako sitting on the couch patiently. When the servants see me, they all made a little bow.

Minako noticed the suddenly bow, she turned her head. "Hey Akihto!" she smiled happily.

"Hey." I greeted back and sat on the opposite direction as her.

"Today in school, you said that you have something to give me and ask me." she said. "What is it?"

I didn't say anything, but I know that Tate is surprised, because he didn't tell me to give her anything. I stood up and walked over to her, taking out a necklace out of my pocket. The necklace has a white crystal, with a silver chain connected to it. The crystal seemed to sparkled in the light.

"This is called an Auspice Crystal." I said, holding out the necklace in front of her. "I'm giving it to you." I said.

"Huh?" she said curiously.

I took one of her hands, aiming for the index finger. I bit the finger with my sharp teeth until blood was coming out.

"O-Ow..." she said painfully as I squeeze the blood out, dropping a couple of drops into the necklace. The necklace absorbed the blood and sparkled brightly in my hands. Finally, I leaned to her and wrap my arms around her, putting the necklace on.

When I was finished, I backed up to look at the crystal. Then, I went back to my seat. Her face was flushed and she seemed to be in her own world. "That necklace will change its color based on your mood." I explained. "For example, right now, your crystal is light red." I pointed.

"O-Oh..." she said, looking and rubbing the surface of the crystal. "You're right."

Everyone who was watching seems to be surprised. Rui, who was still still standing behind her, was watching too. "You cannot take off the necklace no matter where you are or what you are doing, even if you are taking a shower." I warned.

"Why?" she asked, still rubbing the crystal.

"Because." I paused. "The moment you've sent your foot in this house, you will be targeted." I said, lending forward seriously. "So the necklace will protect you when you are in danger."

Minako didn't say anything for a bit. "But..." she finally said. "I won't regret making that decision because..." she paused, looking away blushing. 'Because I want to be with you.' she wanted to say but didn't have the courage to.

Tate sees the awkward silence between us, so he decided to break it. "Wow Miss Minako! That necklace is really pretty!" he shouted in excitement, skipping over to her. "Look! It changed color! It's orange now!" he pointed, bending down to get a closer look.

Minako made a little smiled and looked down at the crystal in her hands. "Yea...It's really pretty." she said, observing the crystal. "Thanks Akihto, for worrying about me and such." she looked up to me.

I looked away, making it look like I'm ignoring her. "Oh, yea." I realized. "Who was that guy that you were talking to when I went over to your class?" I frowned.

Minako looked at me, didn't say anything. "You mean...Kaori?" she asked.

"Kaori?" I repeated. Obviously, that is a fake name. "Yea, the guy with silver hair."

"Silver hair?" Minako frowned. "No, Kaori has black hair."

'Black hair?' I thought. 'Even though there were some distance between us, I am sure that his hair was silver.' I thought, thinking back to earlier in the day. "Kaori is the guy who sits next to you right?" I asked. "I've never seen him before."

Tate was beginning to get nervous at what we were discussion. "Master, is something wrong with that kid?" he asked quietly to me. I looked up to him and made a slight nod.

"Yea, he does. He just transferred here last week or so." she smiled. "He's pretty handsome, and a lot of girls are going after him."

'Last week, huh?' I wondered. 'Minako stayed my house for 2 weeks and that guy transferred in 1 week later. Something's not right...' I thought with my hand covering my mouth.

Minako didn't say anything but looked at me.

"Well, no matter what Minako." I said as I stood up. "Don't get so close to him." I warned. 'I will have to check up with him tomorrow.'
 


© 2011 Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another good chapter. The plot's starting to develop really well here. It really makes the reader wonder what might happen next.

By the way, I'm sorry if I'm clogging you up with my frequent reviews. xP

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
Added on August 22, 2010
Last Updated on March 4, 2011


Author

Writer
Writer

Brooklyn, NY



About
I enjoy writing these kind of stories. Please excuse all my grammar or spelling mistakes ^^ My style of writing is pretty...traditional I guess. I do not like to squeeze everything together; for ex.. more..

Writing
Abnormal. Abnormal.

A Book by Writer


Our Love Story Our Love Story

A Story by Writer