Side Story: Tate's Love Life

Side Story: Tate's Love Life

A Chapter by Writer

She was the one... The only one.
           
Side Story Of Tate's Past Lover     

"Akihto!!! I'm going to school now!" I shouted from the top of my lungs from down the stairs. 

"OK." he replied, and that was it. 

Hello, my name is Tate Ono. I am currently 130 years old but in the human world, I guess my age would be near a 16 year old teenager. And today... Today is the first day of my butler-training school! It might be odd to people, seeing me getting all excited and overjoy at going to school, but I don't care. Even thought I am going to be a servant for my whole life, and no higher rank above that, I am proud. When I was little, watching my family serving their masters was a very disgusting and horrible thing for me to see. It scares me when I see my mom or dad getting beaten up by their masters if they broke a minor mistake. However...everything had changed, after I had met Akihto. He taught me many things and we both created an unbreakable bond between us. He is my best friend. 

As I walked up the road to school, I noticed how the sky is always red, and how the clouds are always black. There are no "sun", or whatever humans call that hot, red thing in the sky that they could not live without. I stopped at the sight of seeing a harmless purple flower. I bended down and reached out for it, but the plant suddenly barked and moved violently towards me. I quickly jumped and continued my way to school. 

The trip seemed a lot shorter and faster. When I was there, I stood in front of the building, admiring at the detailed work it has. 'So...this is the school I will go everyday now.' I thought, and smiled happily. I looked around me, seeing other students dressed in a brown suit with a yellow rose in the pocket. This is the suit for the freshman, so as you move along the grade, the outfits would change too. 

My glance stopped on a girl with long, dark hair. She wore a white top with a brown skirt. Her eyes are sparkling in the light, but it looked like she was carrying a lot of burden, keeping it all to herself. I shook my head, thinking of other important things to put her face off my head. 

I took out my program card out of my bag and looked for my homeroom number. My eyes searched the paper until I had seen the letters. It was EBT2. I smiled to myself and walked up the old building stairs. 

After an hour, there were only a couple of students in my room. I had doubted myself rather I had came to school in the wrong time or maybe the wrong room. But when I looked at my program card again, I was positive that I was correct. If I was correct, where was everyone?

I placed my bag on my seat and walked out the room. I observed some senior classes and was happy to see when they were practicing on cleaning. I went out the garden and was surprised to see the girl from before again. I stood there, watching her staring at the sky. Suddenly, she landed on her knees with her head looking on the floor. Her hair fell down along her with her belongings.  

I gasped and went up to her, wondering if anything was wrong. ".....Are you ok?" I asked, bending down to her level to get a closer look at her face. She was not a very pretty girl, but something about her made her very mysterious. 

The girl didn't look up at me, but to stare at the ground. "Go away." I heard her say through her breathe. 

I quickly stood up, a little offended by that comment, but realize that something must not be alright. I bended down to her again, but this time, I didn't say anything. 

The girl didn't do or say anything either. We both stayed on the ground for a while and finally, she stood up. I stood up also, thinking that we could become friends. However, instead of saying hi, she continued her way and went into the school. 

I watched her leave, thinking what a strange girl she was. 
***************************************

The next time I met her was on the roof of the school. Half the year had passed already, and I was getting straight As in my report card. I was sent to the roof because I wanted to do some extra credit for the teachers, and my job would be cleaning and wiping the floor. I did not mind doing a job like that. Cleaning and making things shine...makes me happy. 

I unlocked the lock from the door and opened it, leading me to the roof. It was a beautiful view. You could see almost the whole Hell from here. I let the cool air blow against me, but then noticing something black flying from the corner of my eye. I turned sideways, noticing the girl from half a year ago. Her hair was being blown and she was standing, holding on to the steel railings. I watched her from the back, wondering how she could open the door without the key. 

"Um...Excuse me." I said nervously. 

The girl turned around and stared at me, making it more awkward.  

"Are you allow to be here?" I asked, slowing walking towards her. 

The girl turns back around. "Don't mind me."

"Oh." I nodded a little and cleaned the floors. 

As the year continued to go by, she and I began to become friends. I would go to the roof everyday just to see her. She had told me a lot about herself, like how she always had to do something against her own will. Becoming a maid is something she hates. She also told me that her name was Airi, and it was a name passed down by her grandmother. One day after my work was done, we both met up, since we know that we might not see each other next year. She would always be the first to be there, no matter how fast I try to make it. We stood together where she always stands, watching the skeleton birds fly in pairs. 

"Why does something bad always happen without a warning?" she said all of a sudden. 

I stared at her, not knowing how to reply. "Well..."

"Why can't we stop something from coming at us?" she said again. 

I didn't understand what she was trying to say, but I tried my best to answer her questions. "That's just life."

Airi smiled, which made me smile. This was the first time. 

"To tell you the truth, I have a disease."

I watched her. "Huh?"

She took in a deep breathe and smiled once at me again. "We are not going to be able to meet like this anymore." she paused. "This would probably be the last time."

I opened my mouth, but no words seems to be coming out. I didn't know what to say, but I finally understand why she had asked me the questions earlier. "Since this is the last time we will be together again..." I said, looking at her directly. "I like you."

Airi didn't seem surprised at what I said. Instead, she showed me a very cute smile. "Thank you."
***************************************

It has been 3 years since we've met up again. I looked up at the sky in the place we've always met, and suddenly wondered what she is doing. She is probably in another world by now, but whenever I think of her, little drops of tears would come into my eyes. 

'Hey Airi. Even though you didn't really respond to my confession, I had a feeling that you liked me too. I'll wait for you.'

Even now, I still can't figure out how she manages to unlock the door without a lock, just like how she had unlocked my heart. 








             


© 2011 Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on February 27, 2011
Last Updated on March 4, 2011


Author

Writer
Writer

Brooklyn, NY



About
I enjoy writing these kind of stories. Please excuse all my grammar or spelling mistakes ^^ My style of writing is pretty...traditional I guess. I do not like to squeeze everything together; for ex.. more..

Writing
Abnormal. Abnormal.

A Book by Writer


Our Love Story Our Love Story

A Story by Writer





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5