The Ending

The Ending

A Chapter by Writer

As the night went by, my mind was full of Minoka. How am I going to act around her now? Why would she suddenly say something like that? Are we possible?
I sat up and reached for the drawer next to my bed. I opened it up and took out the key chain that Minoka gave me for Christmas. 'The teddy bear is pretty cute...' 

The next day, I remained in my bedroom for a longer period of time. I didn't want to go down to greet anyone and wanted to avoid the awkwardness that would be present. I sat down on a chair in the balcony and let the sun shined on me. Although I was very sensitive to the sunshine, I wanted it to wake me and tell me rather or not, what my following action would be correct...
I sat down on the couch patiently and waited Minoka to come home. I asked myself repeatedly, "Do I like her as a lover?" At the end, my final result was a yes. Although I loved her, I wasn't sure if I should tell her. 
At 3:00 sharp, she came home with a gloomy face with Rui from behind. I looked at her and told her to come to me. Her face quickly brightened and walked slowly to me. I stood up and wanted to yell out, "I love you." but at the end, I ended up saying, "...Lunch is ready for you."
She showed a very confused look and watched me walk up the stairs. I forcefully slammed the door shut behind and sat on the bed. 'Why am I so stupid...'
While I was still thinking of telling her my answer, something suddenly crashed in my bedroom. It looked a little like an UFO. I jumped a little, and quickly ran over to the mysterious looking machine. 
"Woops..." The door was pushed opened and The King came out. "Haha, I'm sorry. I guess I couldn't really drive this thing." he laughed. 
I didn't remember what I did, but I do remember being really pissed, not only because there's a HUGE hole in my wall, but him thinking it is a total joke. 
"What the hell do you want?" 
The King smiled and dusted the dust off his clothes. "Akihto, do you know who I am?" 

I crossed my arm. "You're the King of the Underworld?"

"That's right~" He put one arm around my neck. "You might not know, but I know more than you think." He looked me in the eye and sat down on one of the chairs. "I know everything you do here."

My heart skipped a bit. "What do you know?"

"Hmph." he grinned. "I know that you fell in love with someone, and that someone is not me!" he yelled.

...I knew it. He is just plain stupid. 

*Sigh* "Akihto, I want you to understand that human is another race from demons. We don't want 2 race breeding together, it's just like plants and demons. It just...doesn't go together you know?" he said.

I turned my head away. 'So he did know about her...' 

"Akihto..." He stood up and walks toward me. "Don't do something you're going to regret."

*************************************

I stared at the moon. The King was right. Before he left, he did make an important point. With determination, I stood up and headed toward the stairs. 

I stopped myself when I see Minoka heading up the stairs. Her face blushed with awkwardness. I walked down to her and grabbed her by the shoulders. "MInoka." I said.

Her eyes stared at me. The eyes of hope...

From the corner of my eye, I could see everyone staring at us. 

"I want to tell you... I really, really, love you." I paused, hearing gasps and excitement. "I don't know how or when it began, but you grew more and more important to me.  I started protecting you and couldn't stand losing you."

Minoka's eyes began to fill with tears. Her mouth began to move, but words were not coming out. She pulled herself to me and hugged me very tightly. 

This was the perfect moment. I hit her in the back of her head, causing her to faint in my arms. I sighed and closed my eyes. If only this could last...

Tate came running up to us. "Master! W-what's happening?"

I opened my eyes, surprised that it was filled with tears too. I sniffed, "I have to erase her memories." 

This girl, my lover, was in my arms. She was once protected, loved, happy, but now... Everything she valued so much would be gone. 

I closed my eyes and began to feel the top of her head. I searched through her memories and erased all that has to do with demons, starting from the day we bumped into each other. All these memories...would be gone forever.

When I was finished, she was still in deep sleep. I touched her by her cheek, and picked her face up by the chin. I leaned down to her, and kissed her on the lips. It was a long, passionate kiss. When I was done, I looked at her features one last time. "Good bye."
********************************

"Mmmmmmm....." Minoka slowly opened her eyes, but squirting them due to the amount of sunshine in her room. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. "I'm home...?" she wondered. She felt something missing, so she quickly sat up and searched through her room. After her room was a total mess and still not able to find what she was looking for, she decided that she would have to THINK. Unable to remember, she suddenly felt a drop of tear running down her cheeks. "What the..." She pulled her sleeve up and wiped it off.

Feeling something being pressed against her skin, she took out the crystal necklace hiding in her shirt. "This crystal..." She observed its blue color. "When did I get this?"

I watched her with Tate next to me. "Akihto...Are you sure you want to leave that necklace there? I mean, even though she won't be able to remember anything, it might still not be that good to.."

"It's alright." I cut him off. "Even though she won't remember, I want her to keep the crystal."

Tate smiled. "I'm going to miss her."

I looked at him and said, "Just pay attention to where you are going." I paused. "Today is the first day I become The King, I don't want any bad impressions."

"Yes Sir!" Tate shouted.  
**************************************

It was been 8 years since what had happened. Minoka never escaped from my mind. I've became The King for a while now, and I knew it would be boring. The Underworld is actually pretty peaceful, unlike the human world.

"Akihto!" Juro came, shouting my name. "I have some good news!" 

I looked up from my glasses and back down on my work. "What do you want? Didn't I tell you before that you have to knock?"

Juro slammed his hand on my papers, forcing me to look up. "I'm getting married."

"....................."

I laughed. 

"And you know who she is too." he smiled and exited the room, but coming back in with Misoka besides him. 

"Well well well. It has been a long time since we've met Akihto." Misoka said slyly to me. 

"Heh, you're getting married to him?"

"That's right~ I finally figured out that he was the one that was right for me. He treated me like a queen...unlike you." 

I smiled. 

Tate knocked on the door and congratulated the couple. I stared back down on my papers and continued my work, but figured that it's impossible to concentrate with all the chatter in my room. 

"Akihto, you got a letter." Tate said, putting it on my desk. 

I lifted up the letter, realizing that it was from the past King. I blew on the back of the letter and opened it up. 

'Dear Akihto, 

       How is it going? Isn't being King fun? I told you you should of took my throne a long time ago! Anyways, ever since I retired, life as been really boring, so I decided to travel to Earth just like you did! To my surprised, it's really fun. I don't know if you knew, but I met your "lover." Don't worry, she doesn't know me. But she seems to be doing fine. It's Christmas down here again. The streets are filled with lights and decorations... Actually Akihto, there is something very serious that I need your help. Because I went to Earth, I locked my powers with an earing and I couldn't seem to take off. Due to some reasons, I am now in jail. The police thought that I was robbing from an old lady and locked me up in here. Without someone taking me out, I don't know when I would be able to get out again. 

                                                                                     Please send help,
                                                                               The King, no, the ex- King

After reading this nonsense, I stood up and threw it away. "Tate, bring me my coat, I need to go to Earth!" 

Tate was startled but quickly relied with a yes.

It didn't take long after saving the pass King from jail. Earth changed a lot. The location of my old home has changed completely. 

"Akihto, thank you so much." The King said. "Goodness, that place was horrible! It had an terrible odor with little insects everywhere..."

He finally realized that I was not paying attention to him at all.

 "Uh...I think I want to go back to Hell now." The past King said. 

I nodded. "Tate, bring him back. I'll be fine here."

Tate smiled. "Okay."

After they left, I went out to the city. The place was really beautiful. Families, couples, friends...were all out there. I didn't know how long I've walked, but I ended up in my old home. The castle was gone, and the woods were gone too. There were now a highway with a gas station in the same place where my home were once was.

"Um...Excuse me."

I felt someone pulling my coat. I turned around, and my eyes grew wider. 

"Hi... Have we...met before?" The young woman asked. 

I was speechless. What was once a girl with a baby face now transformed into a young adult. Her hair was cut shoulder length, and she had a little makeup on her eyes. However, she was still wearing that necklace. 

When she realized that I wasn't relying, she gave a weird laugh. "Heh, arggg how did I ended up here? Actually, this place just looked familiar to me but it's kinda different... I don't really know." She looked away. "Then I saw you, and it looked like I knew you too so...yea."

She didn't change at all. 

"Y-yea." I replied. "I think we've met before."





A/N: Thank you for reading! This is the last chapter of "Forbidden Relationship." 
        I know that it must have been a pain to read all the chapters, but lucky, this is         the end. I hope many of you would enjoy and continue supporting my stories           ^^;








© 2011 Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on March 9, 2011
Last Updated on March 23, 2011


Author

Writer
Writer

Brooklyn, NY



About
I enjoy writing these kind of stories. Please excuse all my grammar or spelling mistakes ^^ My style of writing is pretty...traditional I guess. I do not like to squeeze everything together; for ex.. more..

Writing
Abnormal. Abnormal.

A Book by Writer


Our Love Story Our Love Story

A Story by Writer