Chapter Fifteen: Partners?

Chapter Fifteen: Partners?

A Chapter by The old me

            I wake up to the smell of bacon. I notice that Jenny is not in my bed anymore. I walk into the living room and through into the kitchen. I see Jenny in my old high school sweatshirts. She is cooking breakfast. I haven’t had this in years. I walk up to her. She sees me and speaks.

“You’re finally awake. I hope you don’t mind I took one your sweatshirts.”

“It’s no problem. What are you cooking?”

“Pancakes, eggs and bacon. Do you like that?”

“I love them. Where did you get all of it? I don’t have s**t in my house.”

“I hope you don’t mind I used your car and got it.”

“It’s fine. I’m getting rid of it today anyways and getting a new one.”

I had been saving for years to get a new one and I really needed one.

“Car shopping today on your day off seems fun.”

“Yeah and with Lilly cause I have here for the day. Maybe going to the Cub game after.”

“Sounds good.”

“Hey would you like to come with us? I mean I don’t want to feel weird if my kid is there too but I want you to come too.”

“I would like to meet her. Are you sure its ok?”

“Yeah.”

“Cool. And hey one thing, I don’t want to be all girly and stuff, but I have to ask, are we dating now?”

“I would like that if you would.”

“I would.”

“Good.”

I walk up to her and kiss her. It feels so right.

We eat our breakfast and talk a little about stuff during. I start the heavier conversion.

“So what do we do now?”

“What do you mean? We are dating; we haven’t even gone on one date.”

“No, I didn’t mean that. With the supernatural stuff. Like should we continue hunting stuff?”

“I never thought about it. I never thought this day would come when I would complete my revenge.”

“Well I’m glad it did. But we are a good team; maybe we can do a lot of good with this.”

“You know what. We should. We shall rid this city of all the creepy things in the dark. And we will have a good cover. Only you and I know we got the murder. We can hunt down stuff while we are supposed to be working.”

“That’s genius. But where do we start?”

“Well did you ever have any more leads on those cases like the ghouls, the werewolf body, the devil’s pool, your corrupt partner, or that one graveyard?”

“Not really. And I forgot that I had that much crap going on.”

“Well lets go with the graveyard first. There will two of us. We will put down all of those ghosts tonight. Then we will go from there.”

“Sounds good.”

We finish breakfast and I get dressed. I take her to her place to change. She packs a bag of her clothes for staying at my place tonight after the graveyard. We have time before I have to pick up Lilly. Jenny and I decide to get non-possession tattoos. It’s painful but I act like a man. We next go pick up Lilly from Lauren’s. I get out of the car and ask Jenny to stay. She does and understands why.

I walk up and knock on the door. Lauren answers the door in a cute flowered dress.

“Hello Colt. Lilly is almost ready.”

“Hi and ok. Is she staying the night or no?”

“If she wants to, she can.”

“Alright.”

“How’s the shoulder?”

“It’s getting better.”

She notices Jenny in the car.

“What is she doing here?”

“We are dating now.” I kind of say it in a way to hurt her, but I don’t know why I do.

“Alright, and you are going to have her meet our daughter?”

“Well you allowed her to meet Alex in the beginning.”

Lilly runs up and goes to hug. I hug her and say goodbye to Lauren. She’s pissed. I hold Lilly’s hand and we go to the car. I introduce her to Jenny and they seem to hit it off. Jenny talks and asks her questions the whole time we are looking for a car. I buy a black ford mustang. Such a beauty of a car. I go to trade Mercury Cougar in, but I can’t because it’s my dad’s old car and I could lend it to Jenny. We go and take the new one to Wrigley field. Jenny is so sweet; she gives Lilly shotgun so she can spend more time with me. Jenny seems like a good role model. We arrive at Wrigley field and go in to enjoy the game. About in the middle of the 5th, Jenny leans over and kisses me. It’s a great day. We leave after the Cubs lose yet again.

Lilly is tired so drop her off back at Lauren’s and I promise to have Lilly stay over for the weekend. Jenny and I go to my place. We load up the car with all the supplies we need for destroying all the ghosts. I go through records of the graveyard residents. I make a list of the ones I saw and where their graves are located. I seemed to have a bit of photographic memory so I was sure which ones I saw.

We head off the graveyard. We leave the car with all our tools. We split up and hunt down the entire ghosts. One by one we put them to rest. After about an hour of it, we finish. We are exhausted but we think now this place is safe. We go to leave when we see in father fields of the place, a man digging. We get closer and see him digging up bodies. He then loads these almost fresh bodies into a cart. We follow him as he leaves. We get his incense plates down. He may be a supernatural monster but he was a monster.

We quickly get back to my house and we plug the number of the plates into the system. It brings up a Doctor Jack Tall. We find his address and head there. In the car we discuss a plan to know a reason to arrest this guy.

Soon after we arrive at the place. His car from earlier is still there. We sneak in the back of house. The first and second levels are clear. We see the basement door ajar. We sneak down the stairs. We see a ceiling light that is illuminating an operating table. The doctor is stand there looking over a body. Just then he grabs just an arm of something and starts sewing it on to the thing on the table. The arm is attracted and suddenly starts to move. We look at each other shocked. The thing on the tables sits up and gets off the table. It goes to step down but it collapse under the weight of its feet. Its face hits the ground near us. It looks up at me. Its face is all patched together with different colored skin. It seems to be a female.

It lets out a horrible and loud grunt. And the doctor grabs a knife and comes over. Jenny pulls out her gun at him. And they stand off. The doctor is now by the woman on the floor. Jenny shouts.

“You are under arrest!”

“I don’t think so. You broke into my house with no reason.”

“We saw you stealing bodies at the graveyard. What are you doing with them?”

“Science, my simple lady. I have created the first person from other dead humans.”

“How?”

“Well a lack of a better term, it’s a zombie. I used my medical knowledge and what I learned about voodoo. The combination created her.”

The creature stands and grunts a little. It has gotten used to its new legs.

The creature turns and without a moment of sorrow, it bites the doctor’s neck. Blood is released all over the floor. I pull out my gun and shoot the zombie, thinking I got its head.

What I know about zombie lore is headshots always work. Zombies only want to eat other people’s blood and flesh.

My head shot works. The zombie lays motionless on the floor. Jenny turns to the blooding doctor then to me.

“He has been bite. We need to kill him.”

“But we don’t know if that will happen. He is human now.”

“We can’t take the chance. Plus he is dead either way. We need to kill him and burn the bodies.”

Jenny walks up and shots the doctor in the head. He is dead.

I disagree with what we did, but it may have been the right choice. I will never know.

We both leave and go home together.



© 2011 The old me


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Brief....but very intense.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
1 Review
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 25, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing