Ch 10: Hospitals, & Slowly waiting...

Ch 10: Hospitals, & Slowly waiting...

A Chapter by Liz-z

Aaron
As soon as I got to the hospital I felt worried sick. What if she was seriously injured? I know she said she was fine, but still! Was it just her? I asked the receptionist for Jamie Miller, she asked if I was family, so I told her she was my sister. The receptionist with silver hair and plenty of wrinkles knew I was lying, but it didn't mater, she let me in.
"Up to the fourth floor, down to your right, then make another right, down to the second door on the left." She said while writing on a piece of paper.   
"Thank you," I said and rushed my way up taking the piece of paper.

Jamie
"M-Mom, I-I'm fine," I said nervously. And I was fine... compared to Ariana, oh god, I don't even know if she's going to be okay. Sara, I knew wasn't barley scratched, but Ariana. They changed me and had me lying on a hospital bed as if I was the one to worry about, but I guess processors are processors...
"I-I can't come right now..." she said completely guilty, which was fine with me. To be honest, I didn't want her around. "Your father will be there in no time," She said holding her breath, wondering if she should be the one there.
"It's f-fine, Mom" I said still very shocked.
"I'm so sorry. I love you," She said.
"I love you too," I sighed and hung up.
"Jamie!" Aaron said loudly and coming up to hug me. I sobbed even harder now, I couldn't help it. The tears burned my checks and my skin was soak from the rivers I've created. "You're hurt," he said picking up my right arm and looking at my face, "What happened?" My head was pounding. All these questions I've been answering where starting to really get to me.
"Is she okay?" I asked softly knowing he wouldn't know, but I was desperate for news.
"Who? Is who okay?" He asked bushing my checks with his fingers. "Jamie" he whispered.
"Ariana," I whispered back staring at him. He then crufted me his arms while I soaked his shirt in fear.
"She's going to be okay," he repeated trying to assuage me. He laid his lips on top of my head not saying anything else.
Oh god, why couldn't it have been me?

Aaron
The doctor came to check on her so I took this opportunity and asked what happened and what's going on. "There was a car crash," tell my something I don't know I wanted to say but found it better if I didn't, "and her friend was moving in slowly while a speeder came from behind and hit their car," Oh god, "making the car spin. After that another car from the left lane hit the right side..." She watch the pain grow more and more after each word, "She's going to need stitches on her check and on her arms because glass cut you sister up pretty badly. Thank god she covered it up or it would of been her whole face. And her stomach is bruised up from the seat belt crushing it..."
"So she'll be fine?" I asked knowing the answer but just really anxious.
"Don't worry, she'll be fine... on the other hand, she'll still have to get test done: blood work, x rays, she'll have to go through a regular examination. But as I said before, I'm sure she'll be fine." She smile with a sense of hope.
"And her friend, Ariana." She sighed before speaking.
"She'll be able to leave in a couple of hours... visiting hours will still be going on... I can give you directions if you like" she said.
"Yes please," The fit woman with think glasses left while I walked back to Jamie's room.
"Aaron, you don't have to stay you know..." she said softly.
"But I want to," I insisted smiling taking a seat next to her. She sighed and nodded her head.
"My dad will be here in about an hour..." she looked up at the time and straight back at me, "don't you have to get your parents?"
"Damian's picking them up." I said surly.
"Oh," she sighed again wiping tears away from her face. "I just don't want them to get mad at you." she watched me watch her.
"They won't," I assured her.
"Oh okay," she said looking back out the window again. "So what did Dr. Hill-son say?"
"Well," I said smiling, "she said you'll be okay. That you're not that bad. And.." she cut me off.
"Not who I'm talking about, Aaron." she said in a normal tone of voice.
"I don't know... We can see her once you get checked up."
"Oh," she said holding back tears. "And where's Sara?" She asked.
"I don't know..." I said feeling useless. "Do you want me to call her?" She nodded her head while I took my cell phone out and leaving the room, not wanting Jamie to listen, just in case.
"Aaron?" she insistently said crying just as hard as Jamie, "Is she alright? Oh god, I would of visit but..." She pause taking a deep breath, "I was dealing with the cops... and a-and Ariana..." It sounded pretty bad...
"She's fine, right next to me," I said trying to keep every part of me calm.
"Thank you," She said in a whispered tone.
"For what?" I asked softly.
"For being you, and caring for Jamie that much," She breathed in while I pulled the phone away and hung up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jamie
I was let out of the hospital, even though it was a fight, but a fight that I won. Aaron stayed the whole time, until my dad came, but even then he wanted to stay... But Dad insisted he'd go. "Jamie, I'm so happy you're okay," He said hugging my gently not knowing it hurt. I kept my mouth shut because I didn't realized how much I missed him.
He then took me to see Ariana. "Jamie!" Sara sobbed. "It's all my fault!" I fought so hard until I couldn't fight anymore.
"No, it isn't," I promised Sara. She saw me all marked and found it best not to touch me. "How is she?"
"N-not w-well-l," she said slowly.
"How not well," I watched her chock before answering.
"I'm not sure..." she admitted.
I then walked into the room slowly. Seeing her covered by her mother, father, her younger sister Abby, and uncle Bobby. Nobody's head turn except Abby's who seemed to be still in shock.
I went to join the group and silently prayed, "Jamie," her mother said, "A-are you alright?"
"Not anymore..." I said without thinking. Watching Ariana's cut up face, along with noticeable blacks and blues all over, and a burn mark from her seat belt cutting from her neck all the way down. It made me tear up and instantly leave, "I'm s-sorry," I blurred out before leaving. My heart raced with fear and my cheeks were headed with tears. I have to get out of here, have to...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaron
Mom and Dad where already here when I got home and they didn't look so happy. "I expected both of you boys to be there," Mother said with her arms crossed.
"If you didn't want to see us, all you had to do was say so," Father said disappointed.
"It's not like that guys," I said nervously.
"Storming out like that and not even telling your brother what's going on," father kept on.
"How could you do that?"
"It's completely inappropriate, and not to mention it, selfish," Mom continued ignoring be just like Dad did. I watched Damian from the back, enjoying me getting lectured. "Sometimes," she sighed. "I-I just wish you were more like your brother," she said sighing again. I then looked quickly back up at them. Didn't they know I knew, this whole time? Didn't they know, they are always pushing me to the edge... crossing the line farther and farther as we speak?
"No, you know what you guys didn't even hear my story." I growled.
"We don't have any interest in your excuses, Aaron," Dad said stopped me.
But I wasn't going to let it go anymore, "No!" I shouted, "You guys are the selfish ones! All you guys care is about having a 'perfect' family, but it's never going to be that way, especially with some pretty messed up parents who won't even listen to his sons story." Mom then slapped across my face, I was silenced for now... I felt her heart race from a distance, but really didn't care.
"How dare you," mom said pointing her index finger at me while Dad just watched.
I held my face, that was going to leave a mark. "Jamie was at the hospital," I said in an angry voice, "She was hurt, and called me first. I had to be there for her, I had to be there." I said still angry and still holding my face. They were quite in shock so I took the opportunity and continued to speak, "I was anything but selfish, unlike you guys, who are making a big deal out of nothing," There was so much rage in me, but I kept cool.
"A-Aaron," Mom finally spoke... in guilt.
"Forget it," I said walking away, "Have your perfect family without me, I don't want to be apart of it anyways," I said walking up to my room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jamie
I dreamed about it over and over again the past few nights, waking up sweating, in pain, crying, and afraid. Not of cars or anything, but for Ariana. I haven't gone back, I can't go back.
Dad has been giving the space I've asked for, which I'm grateful for. He keeps conversations topics short and easy.
Mom calls me every day, making sure I'm taking my medicine daily.
Aaron calls me every day, but ever since he went home there's something funny in his tone, an upset one. "I'll come if you want as soon as I get out of here, I don't want your Dad to think I'm a regular skipper" He slightly laughed.
"O-Okay, hey Aaron"
"Yes," he said.
"Thank you for everything and one more thing..."
"..." he waited for me to continue.
"I love you." He then sighed, in relief?
"I love you too, Jamie, I always will"
"Me too," I said happily and anxious from him to come. I needed him with me, especially now.
It's been a week and a day since the crash, a full week has past, but it seems to have been longer. Aaron's been keeping me up to date with school, so I'm not missing much. I hope I'm not missing much.




© 2010 Liz-z


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Aw!this was sad! I wonder what happens to Ariana.I wonder if she'll be okay! Getting my hopes up!and I hope Jamie will be okay too! What a horrible crash.
But what was cute was that Aaron stayed with Jamie!and when she said I love you to him and he said it back! Best couple ever!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Aw!this was sad! I wonder what happens to Ariana.I wonder if she'll be okay! Getting my hopes up!and I hope Jamie will be okay too! What a horrible crash.
But what was cute was that Aaron stayed with Jamie!and when she said I love you to him and he said it back! Best couple ever!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Added on July 24, 2010
Last Updated on July 26, 2010


Author

Liz-z
Liz-z

About
I love to write, even though I could use some more practice, constructive criticism perhaps? :) I love music, the end! THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF GERARD WAY 1.thou shall never let.. more..

Writing