Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Fenix Flight
"

Ben Confesses

"

       "Chelsea come here, I need to talk to you." Ben Gasps. THe night was almost over and faint pink was visible in the sky. Ben could barely breathe blood still flowed out of his wounds if he moved the wrong way, he was surprised he was still alive. Chelsea rolls her eyes and heads over to him.

 

         "What the hell do you want?"

 

        " I want you to tell them that I'll tell them anything they want to know. BUT only if Jazzmyn helps." He says grimicing for speaking hurt to much.

 

       "Huh what changed your mind?" Chelsea asks crossign her arms

 

       " Nicole did. I can't stand knowing I'm the reason her brother is dead and she is crying like she is." Ben says sagging against the tree trying to stay concious.

 

       " You know you still havent answered my question." Chelsea says, her smirk back on her face. Ben just looks at her, confusion in his eyes. "You lik her?"

 

    "Just Go Tell THEM!" Ben growls. Chelsea smirks and shakes her head but goes over to the gang and tells them what Ben said. Jazzmyn agress to help and goes over to him. She cuts him free and gets to work. Ben has lost to much blood and without the right care he was going to die soon.

 

     "Ok I fixed you, now spill." She says sitting back on her heels her arms crossed, anger on her face.

 

     "Not so fast Jazz, I'm only going to tell one person and thats Nicole." Jazzmyn snorts and stands up.

 

      "She doesnt want to even been near you, what makes you think she'll want to talk to you?"

 

    "No, I'll talk to him." Jazzmyn turns to see Nicole standing behind her, looking everywhere but at the boy tied to the tree. Jazzmyn tilts her in a silent ' are you sure'  "I'm sure, I'll be fine." Jazzmyn leaves and Nicole sits down leaving plently of space between her and Ben. Finally she looks at him. Hatred burning brightly in her eyes. "What do you want?"

 

    "I want to tell you that I'm sorry I killed Alex, I really am."

 

      "Apology not accepted, Is taht all you wanted to say?" She says anger coloring every word.

 

      "No, I wanted to tell you why I killed Vicy." He says looking at her, his breathing becoming more laboured.

 

      "I'm Listening" She snaps, growing impatience. Ben closes his eyes and tries to breath.

 

    " I was going out with Vicy's sister. and I got drunk one night and called her to pick me up. When we got to my house I was so drunk I wasnt myself. Anyway I guess we got into a fight over my drinking and I just started Beating on her. She called the cops and they aressted me. I was sentenced to two years in Jail for domestic abuse. When I was realesed I tried to apologize and to win her back but she wouldnt take me." Ben stops, struggling to breathe. When he was able to talk he continued.

 

      " When I was in Jail, I kind of went crazy. I tried to take control of it but I couldnt and I lost it, so when she said no I lost all the sanity I had left. I told her she was going to pay. I got chelsea and forced  her to help me. and I killed Vicy. I called her and threatened her knowing she would go here to town farm. I didnt know she was going to bring you guys. I'm sorry I never meant to kill her. It's just when I go crazy I cant control my actions, its like someone else has control over my body. I know thats no excuse I'm sorry I'm so sorry." Ben starts crying, weak strangling cries as the full impact of what he has done hits him. Nicole  just stares at him not believeing her eyes. She couldnt believe the feelings she was feeling. She felt SORRY for him!

 

     "I only have one question for you Ben. Do you regret what you did to Vicy and Alex?"

 

     "Yes Nicole I do. I really do I regret it every second that goes by. And not just becuase I'm going to jail and probably getting the death penalty. But because I killed an Innocent girl and your brother, and in doing so I..." Ben looks up at Nicole, Pain clear on his face, and says something that makes Nicole Burst into tears. " In doing so I made the girl I never knew I really liked until now Hate me." Nicole gets up and runs away, swiping at the tears in her eyes angerily.

 

            Calling the others over Nicole tells them what she just learned, leaving out Bens small omition out. Jazzmyn suddenly jumps up and runs over to her kit grabbing a book and rushes back over to them. She quickly flipps through the pages until she finds the one she was lookig for.

 

            " I've read about that "crazyness" he called it. Ben was tellign the truth when he said he can't control those actions becuase they aren't his." The gang just looks at her in confusion, waiting for her to explain. "What I mean is he formed a split personality while in jail. What he was fighting with or as he put it losing control to was the split personality getting stronger. The second personality is completly different from Ben, so when Vicy's sister said no Ben Probably let his gaurd down and the second personality took over. But it's not strong enough so Ben remembers everthing. so techonically the person who killed Vicy and Alex LOOKED like Ben but was really the split personality." The gang sag in relief and finally.. FINALLY get the police involved. The sky newly blue with the morning.

 

       Ben watches the gang through blury eyes, his vision fading. He sees Nicole get up and head over to him. He braces himself for her anger or worse. She sits down in front of him with tears in her eyes and tells him what they were talking about.

 

    " So I.. I dint kill em" he slurs, his words failing him.

    "No and I'm so glad you didnt." Nicole says and starts to cry with relief and saddness. Relief that his horror was over and grief for her friend a brother. Ben struggles to reach over to her and wipes away her tears. She leans agaisnt him gently trying not to hurt his bleeding wounds and he wraps her in a weak hug. She feels his heart strugglign to beat and hears his shallow breathing, time was running out.

 

   The gang hears sirens and rushes over to their cars. they see the police and three ambulances filing into the parking love. The cops go over to them and Jazzmyn shows tthe EMTS Vicy and Alex while the others tell the cops what happened. Ben is put on a Strecher and taken to one of the ambulances, Nicole follows. The EMTS give Ben an oxygen mask to help regulate his breathing. One of the cops goes over to talk to them.

 

        "Son would you like to explain yourself." As best he can Ben tells his story for the second time in a half hour span, the cop scribbling notes in his notebook.  "I Don't know how to respond to that son, What you need is some serious help." The cop says, saying goodbye he and his partner leave. The EMTS tell Nicole that they are heading to the hospital now and that she is more then welcome to come along. But Nicole says no, she had to go see Vicy's parents. giving Ben a kiss on the forehead she jumps out and heads over to the Gang. As she heads over she sees the other Ambulances putting two stretchers in the back, both with a thin white sheet covering their contents.

 

         'Bye Alex, I'll never forget you, take care of Vicy for us' she thinks wiping away the tears. The gang sees her and Nadine pulls her into a hug. "The cops are going to Vicy's parents to tell them. We've got to go there and support them" She says. The gang gets into the cars, only Alex's remained. Nicole gets out of Nadines and goes over to her bothers, seeing the keys still in the ignition. She slides behind the wheel, starts the car and drives off toward Vicy's house.

 

 

 



© 2014 Fenix Flight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on May 2, 2014
Last Updated on May 3, 2014


Author

Fenix Flight
Fenix Flight

Kingdom Of Amythest, ME



About
Please Call me Fenix (Fen-nicks) (The FEN is pronouced the same way you would pronouce the FEN in Fenway) its more my name then the one I was given at birth. I wont put my life story here. You will se.. more..

Writing