2. Differentia

2. Differentia

A Chapter by Katherine Enma Pineapple

Differentia

n. distinguishing trait between subclasses; an element that separates one thing from another, especially a trait that distinguishes one subclass from another

 

                The moment Chrishalyn died there had been weird things happening around for the past few months. For example the heirs from the Picas family were being more aggressive than usual i.e. sending numerous students to the clinic. Next is that Loki had been gone for most of the few days until he came to school with his vice president �" Jewel-- pushing a brown haired girl with lifeless eyes and her arms and legs wrapped in bandages. She could be a mummy if it weren’t for her free just lightly bandaged face and her long wavy brown hair. A lot of students say she looked like Chrishalyn but some deny it with the missing repeated calls of Master. She was dressed in the traditional uniform.

               

The students couldn’t be less surprised when the member dropped the girl off as she quietly sat on her wheel chair. She introduced herself as Freya.

 

“Are you related to Loki in anyway?” a curious girl asked.

 

Freya just stared at her and shook her head as a response.

 

“What happened to you?”

 

Freya stayed quiet for a while then replied, “I was caught in a fire.”

 

Whispers erupted in the room like ‘I’m so sorry for your loss’ and ‘poor thing’. Ricky wondered why the girl was allowed to even go to class. The teacher then pushed her to a table and started class.

 

                Meanwhile at Jewel’s class, class had not started yet. So Jewel was out the corridor, people staring at her weirdly, it was an everyday occurrence to somebody who wore her headphones in an unnatural manner. She had a green one today. The band that held the headpiece together was semi-transparent and covered her eyes and her ears were covered by the large ear pieces.

 

Loki didn’t mind her peculiar way of wearing her headphones at first. But he used this to his advantage to get her to join him in his parade of chaos. Everything he did until now was for ultimate chaos for the school.

 

It made Jewel wonder why Loki did everything in his power to save Chrishalyn, a girl he met just at the start of this year and the servant of Loki’s hated Picas family. He did owe her but knowing Loki, he wouldn’t even consider paying it back. Now she was back at school with Loki’s intention of scaring the Picas family.

 

But Jewel wouldn’t be Loki’s partner in crime if she didn’t know the reason why Loki wanted to save Chrishalyn.

 

“I’m a smart girl Loki,” Jewel smirked as she twirled one of her night adorned locks. “I know love when I see it.”



© 2012 Katherine Enma Pineapple


Author's Note

Katherine Enma Pineapple
Critical reviews if possible~

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
Added on September 2, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012
Tags: fantasy, mysteries, whatever, love


Author

Katherine Enma Pineapple
Katherine Enma Pineapple

Somewhere out there in the rainbow, The Rainbow, Philippines



About
I LOVE GOD Hi guys :) I'm back~ Nyaha~ I'll be busy with college entrance exams and scholarship applications though :< I'll drop by time to time :) more..

Writing