18) Blessings

18) Blessings

A Chapter by Kelly M.

Later that night, with a full moon above, two shadows leaned on the doorframe of the shared room at the edge of the log house.  Each of them were intertwined in a peaceful silence, watching as the twins had soon drifted into slumberland.  But Ella was not so quick to follow.  It had been such an exciting day for her that she was too restless to sleep.  She felt there was something important to discuss with her guardian parents and she simply could not wait until morning.  She pushed back the quilt and sat up, hugging her knees to her chest.  Her blond curls spilled over her lap and her eyes looked up inquisitively, focusing her attention on April alone.


"Do you-- well, do you think Mama would mind if I called you Mama, too?"  Her voice was hardly above a whisper.


April felt her catch her breath, glancing momentarily at Drew who stood beside her.


"Well, I-- I don't think she would," was April's stammering response.


It appeared to please the young girl for she tipped her head to the side and stated candidly, "Now, I have a Papa and a Mama.  I think I am very lucky."


Both parents could only smile, and bent once again to kiss her goodnight, and then tiptoed silently out the door.


As April prepared herself for bed that night, she relayed the events of the day in her mind and found herself overwhelmed.  Ella had given her heart to Jesus and was, now, calling them her very own parents and remarking on how lucky she is-- more like blessed in April's thinking.  And yet April still shuddered at the thought of all that Ella had suffered through.  How could a child live with such hope and faith for the future?  It seemed so simply; so perfectly easy for the child to lay aside her past and cling to her Savior.  April felt immediately chastised for, just weeks ago, feeling so confused and concerned why God had done this in their lives and the children's.  Yet His wonderful plan had unfolded so perfectly, so beautifully.  And she had doubted.  


Oh, Lord, was April's silent prayer as she knelt by her bed that night, forgive me for not trusting You for everything to work out for good.  And thank You.  Thank You so much for what You have done here in this house today.  You have changed a young life and You have taught me an important lesson.  I know I often stumble, Lord.  Thank You for picking me back up.  Teach me and show me in the future.  Help me to have the faith like a little child-- like Ella who finds her blessings even in the smallest places.  


And then she whispered aloud, "In Your Name, Amen."



© 2013 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
:)

Once again, I apologize for the short length. I just couldn't find the next chapter to fit in well enough to combine it with this one and I felt it should stay separate from the previous chapter, so I left it as is.

But anyway, I really do hope you enjoyed it. :) And your thoughts/reviews are most appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awh little Ella.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
1 Review
Added on June 29, 2012
Last Updated on November 15, 2013


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.