~Moment of Weakness~

~Moment of Weakness~

A Chapter by Tory
"

So we are back in business! Poor Dessy is outnumbered...hehehe :P

"

“Absolutely not.”


I knew I was being harsh, but someone had to say it.

 

Sissy sighed, “Look, she's an infant. A newborn even! She doesn't understand the rules yet.”

 

“Yes, but- A school?” I whined, afraid to even mention ballet.

 

“Ach, give it a few yers,” piped Flynn, “an' shell be wantin' bahbehs, too.”

 

I cringed at the thought. Flynn, Jackson, Sissy and I huddled in a corner in Gina's basement. She had paid for some haphazard repairs on her roof, but it still let in more sun than we liked. She had threatened to make the two boys repair it if they did not fix the guest room, but, when Flynn mentioned that they would rather repair the roof, she gave that job to me, but only after the first room was patched up. Jackson quickly promised to fix it at sundown.

 

Angelica, on the other hand, had wedged into a thin gap between the water tank and a wall and promptly fallen asleep. To this day, I don't know what it is about small spaces that we love so much. Something about them just seems appealing. Perhaps it has something to do with the security of a cold wall.

 

“I doubt that,” Sissy countered. “I never had that problem, anyway, and we're close to similar ages. In mortal years, that is.”

 

“I hate kids,” I breathed.

 

Jackson shrugged, “I don't think you do, really. I think you hate the idea of kids. You put up with Angelica's sister for quite a while and did a great job with her.”

 

“And you have to admit, it's not really a bad idea,” Sissy asserted.

 

I scoffed, “You're kidding me.”

 

“No,” she continued, “it's really a good idea, honestly. If Emma-Jean is right and Dracula wants to control all of us, then wouldn't it be a good idea to get a head start?”


I shook my head.


“I told you, it wouldn't do any good. If E.J.'s telling the truth, then he's looking for that gem. And if it does what he thinks, then gathering everyone into one spot is the worst thing we could do.”

 

“But it would give us more people to look for it. You know that Dracula's doing the same thing,” Jackson intervened.

 

“Nah,” Flynn agreed, “Mo'e people lookin', mo'e spread out? Ye'll git mo'e done, tha's fa certain.”

 

Sissy countered, “We don't even know what we're looking for! And if word gets around that we're gathering numbers to find this Soul Garnet, we're going to get shut down.”


“And if word gets out we're starting a school, we're going to be shut down and mocked for it,” I returned.

 

“Ya know, th'mortal folk mi' buy it,” Flynn admitted. “An' if we kin rile up th' rogues an' all... 'Ell, sumthin' mi' come of it.”

 

“No,” I commanded.

 

“And New York is getting bigger all the time,” Jackson added.

 

“I said no!”

 

“Des, someone might know something about your family,” Sissy pleaded. “Please, give it a try?”

 

I glared at her and folded my arms. Then I glanced at Angie again as she slept peacefully in her nook. And I felt tired. I was exhausted in every way imaginable, completely depleted of all my will, my determination, my logic, my strength. Even my ability to keep my eyes open was vanishing.

 

“Fine. Do what you will.”

 

I stood up, moved towards Angie, lodged myself into the other side of the water tank, and passed out.



© 2013 Tory


Author's Note

Tory
My co-author and I are completely revamping the series (hehe) so be looking for changes in the future!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on January 22, 2013
Last Updated on January 22, 2013
Tags: Blood Revival, Ch. 32, Desmond, Angelica, Dessy, Angie, Angie-Bee, Des, Moment of Weakness


Author

Tory
Tory

IA



About
Tall, blonde, loves writing, currently working on a story with my roommate, not sure how often I'll post or what I'll post. more..

Writing