~The Reveal~

~The Reveal~

A Chapter by Tory
"

Someone spills the beans.

"
I saw red.
It was not the usual red, though, which was typically accompanied by thirst and pain.  No, this was a new feeling to me altogether.  It was like having a lump in my throat, or a knot in my stomach, without the pain that came with such a sensation.  I wanted it.  The need was like that of bloodlust, but softer.  I was pulled forward by a new emotion of sorts, one that would never let me down.
I brushed my lips against Angelica's.  My action elicited a gasp from the injured teenager.  Ever so carefully, I pulled her closer and began to caress her sweet-tasting mouth with mine.
I felt Angie's warm, soft hand on my arm and her fingers tighten around my sleeve as she followed my lead, pushing her lips weakly into my own as I kissed her.  Her hot tongue brushed my upper lip, making me suck in a breath.  Compelled by the strange and mysterious desire welling up inside of me, I wrapped my arms tightly around her and pushed my mouth harder against hers, forcing her mouth open and feeling inside with my tongue, craving the heat and passion she possessed.  I did not need the machines to tell me that her heart was racing; I could hear it on my own.
"Des."
I whipped towards the noise, bringing the sweet, sweet kiss to a sudden stop, though the sugary sensation lingered on.  Sissy was waiting for me in the doorway, a sly smile decorating her face.
"Time to go.  My boss wants to meet you."
I sighed and turned back to Angie.
"I'm sorry, Angie-Bee."
She wiped the stray tears from her cheeks and nodded.  I brushed her bright blonde hair with my fingers, kissed her forehead, and left the room.  I noticed Jackson stayed behind as I requested.  I was not going to let her be hurt again.
"Flynn's still mad at himself," Sissy told me, "for what happened with Angelica."
"It's okay," I lied.  "It was a miracle I was conscious enough to stop him."
"The bloodlust hurts.  Flynn's trying to get used to 'dead-man diet' yet."
I nodded, going over the last week's events in my mind.  I was quite exhausted, actually.
We arrived at a pleasant-looking corner house shortly.  I did not recognize it, but followed Sissy inside anyway.  I was halted at the door by the vampire entrance curse; at least, until Sissy said I could come in, I was blocked.  The interior surprised me.
After being used to seeing fashionable and uncomfortable furniture, I was startled by the lived-in look of this home.  I also noted Flynn lying on a loveseat just inside the entryway and looking quite frustrated.  His hair brushed one arm of it, and his feet were barely propped up on the other.  I laughed inside, remembering Angie's mention of a leprechaun while she was out.  He was rather short.
"Is tha lass alrie' then?" he groaned.
"She'll be fine, Flynn," Sissy cooed.  Then she turned to me and said, "He's in the kitchen.  Right through that door."
I followed where she pointed.  Before opening the door, I pulled in a long breath of air.  I pressed my eyes tightly shut and entered the kitchen.
Again, the room was more functional than ornamental, and, judging from the dishes piled in the sink, function was crucial.  Turning my eyes away from the confined mess, I noticed a familiar vampire at the table by the opposite wall.
"Al," I gasped.
"Hello, brother," Alucard sang to me with a grin.  "You've been away from my father's house for some time."
He sneered as he said "father", giving me chills.
I hesitated then told him, "I had to take care of something."
"Ah," Alucard sighed, holding up a bowl of red liquid to his lips, "yes, Miss Angelica Smith.  How is she?"
"She'll live."
"And her head?"
"Still attached."
"You?"
"…"
Alucard chuckled, "Dating humans is not an easy thing, you know."
I stayed silent as he sipped from the dish.  I felt ashamed, not that I had fallen for the human girl, but that I had surrendered to the strange emotions.  My guilt billowed until Al cleared his throat.
"That's not to say, Desmond," he stressed, "that it is impossible.  My girl is very happy with me.  She knows everything.  I plan to turn her soon, so that we can remain together."
"Y-you're with a human?" I stammered.
"For now," he replied.  "But let's focus on you.  What are you going to do?"
I thought about his question for a few minutes while he drank.  It made me realize that I did not know the answer.  I could not go home; Dracula would wonder where I had been the last week.  I had no chance of finding a new coven to be with, not without a steep price to pay.  I had killed far too many rogues to live long on my own, either.
Then there was Angie.  My Angie-Bee would not last long as a target, but I could not avoid her.  I was already wishing to return to her, and something in my chest ached for her presence.  I sucked my bottom lip into my mouth, still laced with the sugary taste of her kiss.  In want of her heat, I rubbed my arm where she had touched it earlier.
"I don't know," I admitted.
Alucard simply nodded and finished his drink.  With a sigh, I collapsed into the chair across from him.  He pushed his bowl to one side and leaned towards me.
"Desmond," he whispered to me fiercely, "this is not a good time to be stuck on the fence.  We are at war."
"Why?"
"Dracula has become too powerful, especially since you came in.  You're strong, Des, stronger than any vampire I've ever known.  You aren't even matured yet," he explained.  "Everyone wants you to fight for them."
"Me?"
"Yes.  The Xing Xaou Clan thinks that you're the only one who can put Dracula in his place.  To be quite blunt, I think they're right.  I'm not saying this to move you to my side, okay?  The offer's on the table, whether you decide to help us out or not.  And I can help you with Angelica."
I did not speak for a long time.  It was a tempting offer, one that I could not pass up right away.  I pressed one fist to my forehead in an attempt to clear my mind.  In the background, a door opened then closed, and a cheerful shout came from the other room.  Alucard stood up.
"Take your time," he grinned.  "There's no hurry."
I watched him leave the kitchen.  Defeated, I fell limp in the chair I sat in.  I felt depressed, trapped even.  There was nothing I could do but accept Al's terms.  I shut my eyes, imagining Angie-Bee in her hospital bed.  It was strange that I had seen her there more than anywhere else in the world.
I stood up after a while.  I needed to see Angie.  I had to tell her everything.  It was her only hope for life, whatever that was.
I shuffled out of the kitchen in a trance making my way to the front door.  I passed Al and a brunette girl in a corner of the room, the girl speaking excitedly as Alucard stroked her cheek.  As I turned away, I heard her call out.
"Hi!"
I spun around to her.  She smirked at me.
"You must be Dessy.  I was talking to Miss Smith about you."
"Yeah, I'm going back to see her.  I have to tell her about, well, my not life."
"Huh?"
I elaborated, "She doesn't know about all this.  She should at least know what I am, right?"
The brunette paled rapidly.
"I… shouldn't have mentioned that you were then, huh?" she whimpered.
If it were possible, I would have died.


© 2011 Tory


Author's Note

Tory
Oh, how is Angie going to deal with this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on May 6, 2011
Last Updated on May 6, 2011


Author

Tory
Tory

IA



About
Tall, blonde, loves writing, currently working on a story with my roommate, not sure how often I'll post or what I'll post. more..

Writing