~Revelation~

~Revelation~

A Chapter by Tory
"

Angie handles the news...well?

"
The warmth of his lips lingers on mine as I try to think of what to do.  As much as I want to be afraid of him, I can't.  He's my Dezzy.  He makes me dizzy.
What am I going to do? I value my life, but I can't imagine it without him.  I don't understand what has happened to me.  How could I fall so deeply in love with him so quickly? It makes no sense!
Every time I think of what that girl told me, my heart starts to race and the doctors come rushing in.  It's getting annoying.  But what am I supposed to do?
The warmth of his lips is still imprinted on mine! How am I supposed to make a logical decision???
How did I get mixed up in this fantasy world of vampires anyways? Let's see here…Oh yeah.  My grandmother's funeral.  How's that for irony?
I need to get out of here.  Maybe if I pretend to sleep tonight, I can sneak out to go to my secret place.  No one has ever been there, so they wouldn't be able to find me.  Perhaps I should wait until tomorrow though.  I'm still kind of weak, and I don't know if I could make it all the way to my spot.  I'll just bide my time with writing.  There's nothing else I can do here. 
It's interesting how my life's goal is so dependent on my physical well-being.  One day I was on top of the world, doing backflips and pleasing the crowd.  Now, it seems like I'm always in the hospital.  Huh.  I just realized that before I met Desmond, I hadn't needed a hospital since I was six.  Coincidence, I think not.
What do I do?!!!
*Sigh*
I know what I'm going to do.  Love sucks.  Yes, in this case, literally.  How has Desmond refrained from drinking my blood anyways?
*Gasp!!!*
He killed someone that day he came to my house! THAT'S why he had blood on his face! It all makes sense now! He couldn't come to my house during the day because he'd burn, and he made sure to drink someone's blood before coming to my house.  Everything is coming together now!
But why is he attempting to go to school then? It isn't a night school…Oh.  He wasn't actually planning on going.  Why would he need to anyways? Aren't all vampires geniuses or something?
Oh, time to pretend to sleep.
**fake, light snoring**
"Well, I guess she's asleep.  We should go home now.  She's healthy enough we don't need to stay with her now."
"Okay honey.  Just let me put this teddy bear on her stand and we can go."
**cracks an eyelid open**
Whew! That was close.  I couldn't bear to talk to them right now.  They'd just ask me about the kidnapping, and I am too worried about Desmond to think about that right now.
Who gave me this teddy bear? I saw it out in the hallway earlier, but I just figured it was for some six year old who had their tonsils taken out.
*grabs the note that goes with the bear*
Dear Angie-Bee,
I can only imagine how angry you must be with me.  I am sorry.  I was planning on telling you, but I wanted to wait until I was sure you were out of danger.  I am so sorry.  Is there any way you can forgive me?
Yours truly,
Desmond Petrovsky
That jerk! The audacity! He thinks he can just win me back by sending me a teddy bear with a note and all will be forgiven?! Heck no!
As I lay in bed, fuming at his "gift", I realize something.  He's testing me, seeing how much I know!
Ooo…he's gonna pay.  He thinks he can play with my heart and then treat me like I'm stupid? Well, we'll see just how stupid he really thinks I am!
I wonder what that girl said to him…must've been vague if he has doubts about me knowing he's a vampire.  I'll toy with him.  When he comes to see me, I'll ask what he was talking about, and then we'll see who the dumb one is.  He shouldn't have played with my heart like that.  He'll pay.
**
The nurse has come in.
EEEeek! I don't like needles!
The syringe was slowly inserted into my arm as I looked away.  I could feel it slide into the vein.  The needle was like a big sliver slipped into my arm, and I had a strong urge to rip it out.
The nurse says something about checking my oxygen levels in my blood, and how, if they are normal, I'll be able to get out of the hospital in a couple of days.  In the meantime, I should relax.
Yeah.  Right.  Relax.  I don't know the meaning of that word anymore.  How's this for relaxed? I'm sorta dating sorta not dating a vampire who has lied to me this whole time, was kidnapped by some European vampire dudes, lost a boyfriend in the past month (lost as in death, not as in broken up), and, oh yeah, I'm lying in a hospital for the gazillionth time enduring needle after needle and boredom upon boredom.  Yeah.  I can relax.
I hope Desmond likes this.  If it weren't for him, none of this would've happened.  My boyfriend would be alive, I wouldn't be in the hospital, and I never would've been kidnapped.
But…then again…if I hadn't met Desmond, I would've stayed with my abusive boyfriend and he could've hurt me, and then I wouldn't have known what love really was…oh Desmond, why did you do this to me?
This is it.  I have decided.
"Ma'am, could I have the fruit jello, lemon pepper chicken, and mashed potatoes?"
As the lady turns around to get my food, I notice a strange symbol on the back of her neck.  Huh.  Weird.  I wonder what it could mean.


© 2011 Tory


Author's Note

Tory
Pay attention to the symbol.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yeah, I saw a couple small mistakes, but rereading it made me realize it wasn't just fluff. Not a bad one, I guess :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is your best chapter yet, Sweetness. Go, Angie!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 6, 2011
Last Updated on May 6, 2011


Author

Tory
Tory

IA



About
Tall, blonde, loves writing, currently working on a story with my roommate, not sure how often I'll post or what I'll post. more..

Writing