~Standing the Heat~

~Standing the Heat~

A Chapter by Tory
"

Angie is still confused...and everyone loves her!

"

~Standing the Heat~

My heart’s racing.  Blood is pumping, and I can’t help but check Dessy out as he leaves.  Does he know the effect he has on me? I can’t focus on anything.

After he stayed the night with me that first night, I could feel when he left.  It became a regular thing for him to stay the night until it was time for him to go.  He makes me feel so safe when he's here that I know when he has left.  Sometimes he'll lean over me and kiss me on the forehead before he leaves.  Those are the moments I cherish.  Although I love spending time with him, my dream of our wedding has disturbed me very much lately.  I try to go back to bed after he leaves, but I have to give up.  It's not going to happen.

What am I going to do? Should I tell Dessy about my dream? I mean, I don’t want to marry him…not really anyways.  Then again, he might get the wrong idea.

What am I supposed to think about the turning thing? I mean, it could be cool to become a vampy woman, but what about my friends and family? I don’t know if I could leave them like that.

Then again…I don’t think I could give Dessy up.  I know he struggles to be with me.  I probably look like a big lollip in a candy store while he’s the kid ogling it through the window. *Shivers* I know he won’t kill me, though.

I long to be Dessy’s equal.  I hate the thought of getting old while he remains the way he is.  What if he fell out of love with me once I got wrinkles?

I don’t think it would work, though.  I’m not smart enough to get away with leaving school, college, and all of my dreams to become a vampire.  At least…not until I graduate high school.

Perhaps he could turn me when I graduate. J

I could give up my dream to be a professional cheerleader and cheer coach.  Besides, getting hurt as much as I have lately probably doesn’t help my cheering skills.  I miss the days when I could do a back flip.

If I became a vampire, I wouldn’t have to worry about getting hurt.  But how do I approach Dessy about this?

I know he won’t go for it.  He’s too noble to take my life.  I need to present it in a way that he can’t refuse….but how?

I’ll sleep on it.  My Ma always said sleep is the best cure for difficult decisions.

**Snores.** *Next day*

*Yawn* Where am I? Oh yeah, I’m home.  It feels so good to be back in my room! I’m so glad it’s the weekend!

I wonder where Desmond is?

I’ve gotten used to spending all my time with him.  Maybe I’ll give one of my gal pal’s a call.  Shopping sounds fun!

*Grabs the phone*

“Stacy? Hi, it’s Angelica! I just got back from the hospital, and I was wondering if you wanted to go to the mall with me? Oh, really? Okay, I understand.  Go spend some time with your boyfriend.  Say hi to him for me! Bye.”

Poo.  She’s busy.  Since when did she have a boyfriend anyways? Huh, must’ve happened during this whole mess with Desmond.  Maybe I’ll try Amber.

“Starts dialing Amber’s number*

“Angelica! Would you come downstairs for a moment?”

Huh.  I wonder what Ma wants.

*Tramples down the stairs*

“Yeah Ma?...”

“Surprise!”

“Oh my gosh! Grandpa? Grandma? Cuzzy Liza? What are you doing here?!”

Ma and Pa threw me a welcome home party! Aww!!!

As I look around, my eyes rest on Desmond.  He’s wearing one of his hot outfits I picked out for him, and I wondered if he knew the effect he had on me at that moment.

Almost immediately, I realize I look like a mess.  Uncombed hair, wrinkled pajama pants and a tank top is not exactly party attire.  As soon as I realized this, I rushed upstairs to change.  When I came down, it was as if everyone had lost their voice.

I chose my best dress, the knee-length dress that fit me snug.  I knew I looked good from the expression on Dessy’s face.  At the same time, I wondered if this was too much for him; I didn’t want to make it hard for him to control himself.

It was while I was thinking all of this that my dad called everyone to go outside.  Then I realized a problem.  How was Desmond supposed to go outside in the sun? At the same time, I wondered how he managed to get here without getting burned.  What am I supposed to do?

Luckily, Desmond had thought ahead.

“Mr. Taylor, I am sorry, but I cannot go outside.  I am very sensitive to the sun.  My doctors tell me to avoid sunlight as much as possible.  You go ahead and enjoy yourself, and I’ll just go home.”

“Oh, Desmond, you don’t need to do that just so we can go outside.  This is a party for Angelica, and I am sure she wouldn’t want you to leave.  We can celebrate just as well inside as outside.  Let’s dig into this cake before Angelica begins to complain.”

“Hey! I like my cake!”

*Everyone laughs*

The party goes well, and I escort my guests to the door, thanking them as they leave.  Desmond is the last.  He wanted to speak with me before he left.  I wonder why?

As I bring him upstairs, I notice for the first time the bag he brought.

Huh.  What is that for?

As I close my door and turn to him, I give him a big kiss before he can say anything.

*Smooch* “Thank you for coming Dezzy.  I’m really happy you came.  How did you manage to get here without burning?”

A mischievous look crosses his face.

“Well, I can’t give away all of my secrets, can I? Anyways, as much as I’d love to continue what you started, I want to give you this before I lose my mind from your kisses.”

He pulls out of the bag…



© 2011 Tory


Author's Note

Tory
What do you want to come out of that bag?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on May 10, 2011
Last Updated on June 5, 2011
Tags: Standing the Heat, Blood Revival, Desmond, Dessy, Angelica, Angie


Author

Tory
Tory

IA



About
Tall, blonde, loves writing, currently working on a story with my roommate, not sure how often I'll post or what I'll post. more..

Writing