~Change in the Air~

~Change in the Air~

A Chapter by Tory
"

Des doesn't show up, Angie freaks.

"

I hadn’t seen him in a long time.  It wasn’t like him to stay away from me for so long.  Something must be wrong.

                When my dad stormed out of the house to “speak” with Des, he didn’t get very far before he realized he had no clue where Des lived.  Of course, knowing what kind of mood my dad was in, I refused to tell him where Des lived.  So when Des didn’t show up today like he normally would, I was kind of glad dad didn’t get a chance to confront him, but at the same time I’ve been worried about Des all day now.  Something had to have happened to him.

What excuse could I give my parents to get them to allow me out of the house?

Going to Gia’s house wouldn’t make it; they would just say I could see her at school tomorrow.  Hmm…maybe I could say I had to attend cheer practice so I wouldn’t miss out on what was being taught.  I’ll try it.

“Mom? Dad? Could I speak with you?”

“Sure sweety, what is it?” Mom asked.

“Well, it’s normal for an athlete to attend practice even when they physically can’t do it, and since I’m the cheer captain it would be really important for me to attend tonight.  Can I go to the game tonight and watch how my girls are handling things without me? I promise to drink lots of water!”

“Well…I suppose you could, but if you are feeling unwell in the slightest, come home immediately” Dad says with worry in his eyes.

Victory!

So this is how I managed to get away from my parents to speak to Desmond.  When I got to his new residence, I heard the blood-curdling screams of my lover.

I charged into the house, expecting to see torture of some kind but instead found a room full of vampires looking as distressed as Desmond sounded.

“What are you doing to Desmond?! Where is he? Let him go, or I’ll…I’ll…”

“Or you’ll what?” a smug-looking vampire asked me as I tried to figure out what to say.

“I’ll expose you all for the villainous creatures you are! How could you hurt Desmond like this when he hasn’t done anything?! Let me see him! Now!” I scream, seeing myself lose this battle as the vampires’ expressions turned to sympathy.

The blonde in the chair said in a surprisingly soft voice, “He’s asleep right now.  Those screams come from the Change.  I know it sounds horrible right now, but it’ll all be over tomorrow.  Don’t worry too much; he’ll make it through this.”

Okay, wait a minute.  There’s a chance he won’t make it through this Change? Waaah! Why are all of my boyfriends in danger all the time!

I quickly turned away from her as I started to imagine my life without Dessy.  He has to make it through this! I can’t live my life without him! He’s supposed to turn me so I can be with him the rest of my life!

Quickly, I turn back toward the coven of vampires and say, “ Well, I’m staying here until I can see him.  He needs me, and I’m not going to leave him in such a fragile state.  When can I see him?”

With an uneasy glance around, the guy who seems to be the leader says, “I’m sorry, but you can’t stay here.  Desmond might be able to control himself around you, but not everyone can; besides, you can’t see him until he’s through with the Change.  He’s too dangerous right now; if you were to see him now, he would tear you to shreds though he would be sorry afterwards.  It’d be best if you just left.  We’ll send him over to you when we think he’s ready.”

Fine.  Whatever.  If they want to play it that way, I’ll just come back every day until I can see him.  How long is this Change supposed to last anyways?

“I’ll be back in the morning.  Bye.”

With a toss of my hair, I left.

I’m not as confident as I seemed in there.  What if Dessy doesn’t make it? When will I know? Oh, I wish Dessy had told me about this! Why did he hide this from me? Didn’t he realize I’d worry about him?

So it’s the next day and what do you know but Desmond showed up at my house just as I was waking up!

I rush into his arms and exclaim, “Oh Des! I was so worried about you when you didn’t come to see me! Don’t scare me like that again!”

The look of love in his eyes fills me with warmth as they communicate everything unspoken.  I know now that I couldn’t live my life without him even if I tried.  He’s not a vampire like Dracula, he’s a man full of love and compassion like anyone else around here.  I am meant to be with him until the day I die (which, lately, almost came true).

“Dessy, could we do something normal together? I feel like our lives have been turned upside down lately, and we haven’t had time to be a normal couple.  Would you like to go to the mall with me later today?

“Sure, doll. Anything for you” he replies.

I love this man of mine.  I wonder how I should speak to him about turning me…

“Umm…..Des? There’s something that’s been on my mind.  I don’t know how to ask you, though…”

And that is when my dad walks in, livid.



© 2011 Tory


Author's Note

Tory
What's going to happen between Angie's dad and Desmond? Coming soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice!

But it needs to be fixed later. Not now, I can work with it for now. The Change lasts the whole day, but I passed out until 3 PM the next day. There's no way I would have been to your house before then. The day after I woke up, sure. But not the day after the Change.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Added on August 10, 2011
Last Updated on August 10, 2011


Author

Tory
Tory

IA



About
Tall, blonde, loves writing, currently working on a story with my roommate, not sure how often I'll post or what I'll post. more..

Writing