~Vigilante Antics~

~Vigilante Antics~

A Chapter by Tory
"

Great discovery! Bah ha ha ha!

"
OMG! He's a spy! I KNEW there was something odd about him!
Sheesh, he isn't a very good one.  I mean, come on! How was his original costume supposed to blend in?
**Realization!**
Oh duh.
He's one of those nerds who pretend to be a spy.  Oh no! He must be insane! He must've started that fight!
"Hey, uhh, are you into self-defense and that sort of thing?"
A calculating look is in his eyes.
"I guess you could say something like that…"
"I knew it! You think you're a superhero! That's why I saw you fighting that guy in there!"
Was that amusement that flashed across his face? Must've been my imagination.
"Hey, if you're serious about becoming cool, you've got to stop that.  You're not a superhero.  They don't exist.  You will be at the bottom of the food chain if anyone finds out what you do."
**He smirks**
"I told you not to interfere with my personal life."
Oh sure, that's his excuse.
"Um, excuse me, but your personal life will affect what you could become."
He continues to argue with me as we sit near the cinema.  Gosh he's so argumentative.
Out of the corner of my eye, I see what I dread most: my boyfriend.
Okay, I know I was doing Desmond a favor by taking him shopping, but I never really thought about how it looked for me to hang around him.
Eddie is the captain of the football team and the best boyfriend I could ever have.  He has cerulean eyes, wavy blonde hair and a smile to kill.  He is so supportive of me; I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend.  
Now, his fatal flaw: he doesn't like me talking to guys, especially attractive ones.  So imagine my fear of seeing him drive by in his powder blue Volkswagon bug as Desmond is leaning over me.  Desmond was still leaning towards me even after I came to.  Weird.
What ensued after that was a blur.  I saw Eddie get out of his car, and the only thing I could think of was to put myself between them before the fight began.
That was a mistake.
Eddie pushed me aside to get to Desmond without even looking at what he did to me.
As the guys began grappling each other, I knew this would end badly.  The only thing I could think of doing was scream for help.  No one was around though.  I kept screaming, hoping someone would come out of the mall or the cinema, but it was like a ghost town.
And then Eddie hit me.
Desmond had shoved Eddie off of himself, but in the process of doing so, Eddie came hurtling towards me.  I had just gotten up after Eddie shoved me away when he came hurtling towards me at a dangerous speed.  
As I fell, I heard something crack.  
The next thing I knew, I was screaming bloody murder.  My leg had twisted during my fall, and the tibia had cracked under the combined weight of myself and Eddie.
The rest was kind of a blur.  I vaguely remember seeing Desmond back away, fear evident in his eyes as well as something I couldn't quite place.  .  I'll never forget the look on his face: concern mingled with fear.  That's when I finally saw through him.
**
Eddie was still on top of me.  He wouldn't get up.  I looked over and screamed again.  Blood was pooled everywhere, some of which wasn't coming from me.
That was when I blacked out.
I vaguely remember some weird sensation on my leg.  Not quite like a dog licking up water, but something close.  Strange thing is, if it was some kind of IV or machine at the hospital, I would've expected it to go after the wound, but no, it was like it was cleaning the blood on the unbroken skin.
It was a very powerful thing, whatever it was.  I could feel how hard it sucked up the blood, not leaving a drop behind on my leg, or so I supposed.
When I did wake up, I found myself in the hospital with my family around me.  Even my bratty little sister, Christy, looked concerned for me.  As I stared up into my parents' faces, I realized something was wrong.
And then I remember what happened.
I turned my head away so they couldn't see the tears forming in my eyes, and just as I did that, I thought I saw Desmond hurry away outside of my room.  I knew it was true.  Desmond had come to see me; he cared.


© 2011 Tory


Author's Note

Tory
Bad fight scene...first hospital scene...keep reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hehe, of course you're not truly at the bottom of the food chain (you're a vampire, so you're at the top). It's supposed to be a joke. You might be crazy brave for being in fights, but that'll make you an outcast. You would have no chance of becoming popular if you became labeled as the "vigilante bully"


Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG, I thought we were in 1964, man! (not sarcastic, just trying to be funny...)

nerds who pretend to be a spy: spies.

You're not a superhero. (Too true!) They don't exist. You will be at the bottom of the food chain if anyone finds out what you do. (Not as true...)

he doesn't like me talking to guys, especially attractive ones (I'm hot?! ^^ )

I thought I saw Desmond hurry away outside of my room. I knew.
(Knew what?)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 4, 2011
Last Updated on May 7, 2011
Tags: Vigilante Antics, Blood Revival, Desmond, Angelica, Death, Boyfriend


Author

Tory
Tory

IA



About
Tall, blonde, loves writing, currently working on a story with my roommate, not sure how often I'll post or what I'll post. more..

Writing