~Shocking Matters~

~Shocking Matters~

A Chapter by Tory
"

Watch how Angelica turns the situation around ;) Mature Content

"
Where is he? He's late.
What was that noise? Is it him? He needs to get here soon.  My parents won't like it if he comes too late.
**Christy speaks through the intercom**
Yay!!! He's here!
Wait a minute, did she blow my cover?
**Desmond walks in**
"Angelica, what does your little sister mean by…"
OMG.  "Oh! Desmond! Are you hurt?! What happened to you?! Why is there blood on your face?"
A look of panic fills his eyes.
"I…uh…well, just don't worry about me.  What's the first thing you wanted to teach me?"
"Do I need to take you to a hospital? Come on! We need to go! And you need to stop being a vigilante!"
I struggle to get him to come, but he keeps resisting.  Why? It's almost as if he's scared to go to the hospital.  Could he be afraid of the doctors? Ha ha ha! And here I thought he was practically invincible!
**Desmond releases an exasperated sigh**
"Stop calling me that! If you want me to stop fighting people, then why should I have protected you when Eddie attacked you?! Did you want me to allow Eddie to hit you?! I'm sick of this! I don't need you! Bye."
What did I do wrong? No!!! He can't leave!
"Wait! I'm sorry.  I'm just concerned about you.  Seeing you walk in with blood on your face worries me.  And thank you for protecting me, but I don't want you to get into so many fights…you come off as a guy who looks for fights.  I just figured you were trying to be a vigilante.  Please forgive me."
**Sigh** His eyes soften.
"Okay, I forgive you.  Now can we move on to something else?"
"Well, okay, but are you sure you don't need me to take you to the doctors? There isn't much blood on your face, but I see more on your shirt.  Do you need anything? Water? Food? Please, sit down."
A look of amusement crosses his face.
"No, I'm fine.  What's the first thing I need to know to become popular?"
"Well, first, never show that puppy dog look you have on your face.  It makes you look desperate.  Popularity has to do with confidence and control.  If you look like you're begging for something, then you'll be pegged as pathetic from day one."
Is that scorn I see on his face? Nah, must be my imagination.
"Okay, what is the second thing I should know?
"Whoa, not so fast buddy.  We need to practice confidence.  I'll test your confidence.  Now let's see…Ow! My leg! I'm in so much pain!"
Let's see how he stands this test.
"Please! Get that syringe on my dresser! I need you to give me a shot in my butt! I know it's awkward, but the doctors say that's where it has to go!"
Panic fills his eyes.  Fail.
"I…um…I'll get one of your parents to come and give it to you!"
"No, don't do that.  You failed.  That was your test.  Even in awkward situations, you need to remain confident."
His eyes light up with anger, but I don't care.  He's in my house.  On my territory.  If anything happens to me, my parents will have him gone before he can sneeze.
"What?! That wasn't funny! I thought you were in a lot of pain! How could you expect me to remain composed in that situation?! You'll pay for that!"
Okay, he needs to chill.  I only embarrassed him a little.  He needed it.  At least, that's what I keep telling myself…wait, what?! What am I thinking?
"So…sorry that I made you uncomfortable, but now you know what to expect.  You have to remain confident at all times.  Even if the situation would be awkward for you, never lose your nerve.  Act confident even as you call for someone else.  Anyways, I think it's time for you to go home.  I'm getting tired.  I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"
"Okay, see you tomorrow."
I quickly drift off to sleep, almost before he even closes my door.  Maybe it was before he closed my door.  I don't remember.
Right before I'm fully asleep, I feel eyes on me, hovering over my face.  Just as I'm about to open my eyes to see who it is, the feeling is gone.
Oh well.  Must be the wind.  My window must be open.  Must've been a draft.


© 2011 Tory


Author's Note

Tory
Ha ha ha! Turned the situation around, did I? Oh well! ;) Mature Content

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh lol now I know the last review comment. I'm reading reviews backwards. Hehe, Dessy can't hate me, he loves me too much ;) Agian? ;) Yes, your puppy dog look like your lost and you can't find your way home: adorable and vulnerable. Hehe, this was a fun chapter for me, I remember it :P

Posted 12 Years Ago


In this chapter, I just hate you. (Des said that.)

Used OMG agian, "PUPPY-DOG"?!?!, and total lack of cloroform smell at the end. Otherwise, pretty good!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 5, 2011
Last Updated on May 5, 2011


Author

Tory
Tory

IA



About
Tall, blonde, loves writing, currently working on a story with my roommate, not sure how often I'll post or what I'll post. more..

Writing