An unexpected visit

An unexpected visit

A Chapter by Alisha Heistand

As long as my world is okay, I will be alright. But someone from the Order doesn't want me alive, or my world. For this I must resort to my dream world, the only thing I have left. Now Order recruits are trying to destroy that as well. I don't trust people; I know they'll destroy all I have worked to protect...except for one person...Mike.

 

For someone's world, one would think it would contain certain people or comfort items in it. Well I don't work that way; my world is perfect for me because there is no pollution, no insensitive people who don't care about the environment. There isn't any extinction danger for the animals, and it is a peaceful place. Or at least it was, until I found out about the Order trying to kill me. You see, the Order is a huge group of people who think that my world is absolutely ludicrous. Coincidentally, it's run by 3 people who are ex-friends: Jade, Sasha and Jasmine. They wanted to be immortal and powerful enough to create a world like I did, but I knew they'd turn on me. They couldn't handle the responsibility, I knew that now. They must've found a power source and used it to create the Order, and now they were hell bent on destroying my world...and me. Sasha had to have come up with the idea for recruits, because she'd never done anything herself. Jasmine and Jade were just following Sasha's orders, but since Jasmine was her right hand, she directed the troops. Jade had always been the smart one, so she tried tracking my whereabouts, never successful. She was also in touch with all of the economic troubles the real world had. My world was currently located in a protected realm; let's just say I had a few witchy friends. I was out and about, collecting things for them, doing favors. There was another reason Sasha was trying to destroy me- she had a thing with Mike, once. Then he didn't want to be with her anymore, and words were said on both sides. I comforted him one day, and he kissed me. That was really the start of everything, although it took him a year to ask me out. I was so happy to be a part of his world. He's the only one I'll trust, he knows that. But I won't bring trouble into his life. I don't want to destroy people with my personal problems. Right now, the triplets of the Order were my problem. I had to protect my environment, and I'd die trying if that's what it would take. (Get the humor? I thought you might.)

 

I figured in order for me to do the best I could for my world, i would have to prevent economic troubles. I knew I wasn't alone in this, many people were behind me. I kind of had an army of my own...I knew one day I'd come face to face with the triplets of doom, and I'd savor the moment I took their power, shifting it to my world, then making that the real world. It sounded hard, but with my army, the only problem would be the Order. I would handle them soon enough. I liked my quiet time though. With Mike, it was even better. I had been outside, in the forest. I liked wandering about, keeping my eyes open for anything that would be a threat. True, this was a protected realm, but some Order troops could be watching. I checked my watch: 11:46pm I was tired enough. I was inside the house before I knew it, already in comfy clothes, lying down. I thought about my dream world. You see, whenever I went to sleep, I had control of whatever happened. I would make sure the environment was alright first. Then maybe scan the forest there, because it would be light outside. If anything looked odd, I would check it out in my world. My dream world was equally peaceful. I had made it a point to spend extra time out on the forest, but came across nothing.

 I was nearing the back door when I thought I'd heard the crunch of leaves.

I turned, scanning the edge.

"Over here!" called a female voice.

 I looked again, and this time I saw her. It was a beautiful brown doe. She looked at me for a bit longer, coming closer. I simply stared in wonder.

 "I hope I didn't startle you too much..." she said.

 "Um...no, I was just going inside." I said.

That's it. I'd cracked. I was talking to a doe. Then again, this was my dream world.

"I need your help. Well, more like my family, friends and I need your help." she explained.

"How do you know about me?" I asked incredulously

 "Everyone does. You're the one the Order is after. You're the one who can truly help us."

"What do you need?" I asked.

"I'm Cassidy. My family are much respected deer, and we know many people. We heard from close friends of the family that the humans in the real world want to clear some forest out. They want it to create a new town, but the area is the only close place we have right now. It's where we get all our food and water, and it's the best place for my kids to play. The grass is very healthy, the trees are tall, and it's so beautiful. May I show you?"

"Sure." I said. I had to help her.

 Cassidy led me back into the forest, taking a similar route I did when I was looking for thistle and other herbs for the witches I knew. We came to an open field, with blue sky and white puffy clouds. It looked like something from a movie.

 "There's a small river that runs through here just to the right." she said.

 I couldn't believe this scene. Here I was, talking to a doe, standing in a beautiful field that I had never seen in my realm. I would have to check it out soon. For now, I just tried to imagine streets here, sidewalks, houses, businesses. I couldn't; it wasn't what this land was for. It was made for peaceful animals like Cassidy and her family, not a town. I had to help preserve this place.

 "I'll tell you what, Cassidy. Once I get back to my realm, in going to make a path in my forest to this field. Then I'm going to find out everything about the town the humans want." I reassured her.

 

 

 I awoke to sunlight streaming into my room. It was 10:30am, so I would have plenty of time to make the path and then get started. It only took me a couple of tries before i found the field. It looked the same, just as quiet, equally as beautiful. Now that I knew I could talk to animals in my dream world, I really would be able to preserve the environment I so loved. I drove into town, avoiding meeting peoples' eyes, because mine would surely change color if my mood changed. I couldn't afford any attention. I went into the town hall and went up to the front desk. There sat a nice-looking secretary, probably in her 30's. She had platinum blonde hair, a respectable amount of makeup on, and a polite smile.

"May I help you, miss? She inquired.

 "yes, I was wondering if you had any information in the records about the town wanting to clear some land north of here." I said in a sweet voice.

"You don't need the records, hun. I can tell you." She said.

 (Hun? I'm a 'hun'!?)

'Oh, well thank you." i said.

She led me into a conference room and sat down across from me. She looked uncomfortable, like if she set me off I would jump her or something. I figured this discomfort wouldn't make her begin, so I started.

 "So about the new area...what does the town want to expand for?" I inquired politely.

 "Actually, I personally don't believe the town wants the area to expand. I think it's for that government factory the mayor wants." She told me.

 "A government factory?" I asked.

 "Yes. You see miss, the governor made a speech just two weeks about it. He told us he wants the factory for new technology, to compete with the corporations in New York. I even went to school with his new intern. He just started in the Boston headquarters, and the governor is entrusting him with this for a huge promotion. Would you like his card? He could tell you more."

Oh, no. I had to get to Boston.

"Sure, thank you very much."

"No problem, Hun. Now I've got to get back to work, but here you go. Tell him that Teresa sent you and you'll be all set."

I quietly thanked her and went out. I sat in my truck, letting my thoughts surround me.

I would go to Boston tomorrow.



© 2013 Alisha Heistand


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
Added on December 18, 2012
Last Updated on May 9, 2013


Author

Alisha Heistand
Alisha Heistand

RI



About
I'm kinda like the quiet one nobody talks to except for once in a while...I guess. Or at least, I used to be So far in my 19 years of life, I've had 5 near-death experiences. I've made many frie.. more..

Writing
Silk Silk

A Poem by Alisha Heistand