Mike

Mike

A Chapter by Alisha Heistand

There's only one person I trust, one person I love with all of my heart for all of my existence.

Mike.

He was so smart, so funny and charming. Handsome is an understatement for him. Mike and I have been together for a while, ever since the first day he kissed me. He's a thinker and a dreamer, and he's perfect in my eyes. He's also the only person that I really trust. I've kept him secret pretty well, so the Order can't hunt or hurt him. They will not take away the one that matters most. I'll kill them. Other than being perfect, he was everything. He kept saying how special I was, how much he loved my smile, how he'd wish I'd smile more. I promised myself I would try, so as not to make him unhappy. He told me when I'm unhappy, he is as well. He said I'm the most important thing in his life, and therefore I was his greatest concern. He meant everything to me and he always would.

 Maybe that's how I survived when someone tried to kill me.

                                                    *                           *                            *
He'd been a stranger. James Everson. I remembered everything about that day. James and I had a class together, and he seemed to know me. He sat near me, staring at me the entire time with what I thought was curiosity. I later learned this wasn’t the case. It was a thriving darkness, a desire to destroy. The class broke for lunch, and I took a separate staircase than the others because it was faster. He’d followed me but I never knew. He sat with me at lunch. We talked about everything and nothing. He was very nice to me, so I was nice in return. I’d gotten a sudden thought I asked him, looking into the crystal blue eyes, if he liked me. He said he did; I figured that was why he stared at me all the time. Lunch was over, and he walked back to class with me, going up the same stairwell we’d come down. It was away from the others; the regular stairwell was too congested for my liking. When we reached the top, James didn’t open the door. I moved to get past him, but a look from him stopped me.

 

“What’s wrong, James? Did I do something to make you upset?” I asked innocently

 

He stared at me for a little while longer, then answered.

“No, I just want to show you a gift I got from my father. But please don’t tell anyone you saw it.”

 

I said nothing. He pulled a small army knife from his pocket and flipped the blade out. I knew he wasn’t supposed to have it, but all I did was stare at it, then at him and back again. He smirked.

 

“You know, if I truly wanted, to, I would just keep the blade out and spin around with it, killing people.”

 

He started to demonstrate, all the while laughing. I was beginning to get angry, since this wasn’t in the least bit funny.

 

“James, if you’re just showing off, it’s not cool. And if you’re trying to impress me, it’s not working.” I said

He got serious as well, suddenly shoving me up against a wall with nowhere to go. He put the blade against my throat.

 

“Scared yet?” he asked

 

I said nothing, but simply stared into his eyes, seeing the same underlying darkness. He laughed that off as well, going to class before I had the chance to breathe.

 

*                          *                            *

 

 

Mike was constantly reminding me of the incident with James. He worried so much. After it happened, I’d had a rush of adrenaline, my body knowing it was a major threat before my brain did. But I was alright.

I was still alive.

I was still with Mike.

Every time I saw James in the hallway, I felt regret, like I’d caused him to hate me so much. Mike helped me quite a bit. He would never know how much I loved him.

But I would always try to show him.

I would always fight for him.

 

 



© 2013 Alisha Heistand


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The James incident seems awfully reminiscent of something you told me a while ago. There couldn't possibly be a connection! (note the sarcasm)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 8, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2013


Author

Alisha Heistand
Alisha Heistand

RI



About
I'm kinda like the quiet one nobody talks to except for once in a while...I guess. Or at least, I used to be So far in my 19 years of life, I've had 5 near-death experiences. I've made many frie.. more..

Writing
Silk Silk

A Poem by Alisha Heistand