A Lost Memory

A Lost Memory

A Chapter by Alisha Heistand

I fell into a deep sleep that night, but I didn't go into my dream world first. Instead, I pulled up my memories. I wanted to know what Kevin meant; why he wanted me to remember. I saw the memory behind my closed eyes.

 

       *                *               *

I was shoved backward in time, back to fourth grade. It was a sunny day out, fairly warm. It was one of the days we got to have recess. I sat alone behind one of the iron ramps for the skate park. A game of kickball was being played in the back part of the hardtop. I drew my knees up to my chest, closed my eyes and put my head down, letting my hair fall around me. I must have zoned out, because a hand on my shoulder made me jump. I raised my head, looking into Kevin's blue-green eyes. He was crouched next to me, alone.

 

"Why're you so sad, Genevieve?" he asked with concern

 

"No one wants to talk to me..." I let my sentence trail off

 

"I do. Can we..can we maybe be friends?" he asked sheepishly

 

"Um, sure." I said.

 

 I liked Kevin well enough; he was an all-around nice person and he never gave the teachers any trouble or disrupted a class. He was smart too, very smart. He never had an attitude either, and as of right now he seemed to know what I'd needed. He'd known I'd needed a friend, and so here he was.

 

Kevin Starr smiled, immediately making me smile back.

 

"Why don't we walk around?" he asked

 

He stood up, holding his hand out to me. I took it, so as not to be rude. We walked around the perimiter of the hardtop, staying on the grass. We talked the entire time, and when recess was over, I was happy. I seemed to know that Kevin and I would be friends for a long time.

 

 *                     *                    *

I went outside, feeling like I needed air. So I'd remembered...so what? I still didn't know what Kevin meant by 'you always had greater power...' and it bothered me, staying on my mind quite a bit. I put the thought aside, knowing I would figure it out soon enough.

 



© 2013 Alisha Heistand


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intriguing chapter! I want to know more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alisha Heistand

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I'm glad the storyline has you hooked!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 15, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2013


Author

Alisha Heistand
Alisha Heistand

RI



About
I'm kinda like the quiet one nobody talks to except for once in a while...I guess. Or at least, I used to be So far in my 19 years of life, I've had 5 near-death experiences. I've made many frie.. more..

Writing
Silk Silk

A Poem by Alisha Heistand