Run

Run

A Chapter by Alisha Heistand

 

The hooded figure ran into my forest. It would be easy to follow her. I knew it wasn’t a good sign that she had the insignia on the right side. It meant she was at the top of the Order’s recruits. I would find out. To my advantage, she wasn’t a silent traveler like I was. I caught her and turned her to face me.

 

“Take off the hood.” I said

 

She said nothing but waited a moment before doing so.

Jade.

The moonlight made her jet black hair shine. Her features showed she hadn’t aged at all, though she did look tired.

 

“Why are you here? What do you want?” I asked

 

“I was sent to see if you were still alive.” She said coldly

 

My thoughts immediately went to Kevin. He must be working for Sasha.

 

Jade sighed. “Oh, well. Go ahead then, finish her.” She said to someone behind me.

 

I smelled cologne and turned to see Kevin Starr about to strike me. I caught him before he had the chance, but he shoved me against a tree. I noticed that Jade was gone. Kevin looked past me, seeing the same.

 

“Remember.” He said quietly

 

“Remember what?” I asked

 

He looked into my eyes, and under the darkness, I saw he didn’t know. He stepped away from me.

 

“Remember you and I in our youth, Genevieve. You know where to find me when you do. You always had greater power.” He said

 

I did know where. It would be another trip to Boston. Or if I met with the triplets of doom, whichever came first. He stood there, staring at me with fascination. I relaxed slightly, so Kevin wouldn’t see me as a threat. Upon seeing this, he did so as well.

“Why are you doing all of this; working with the governor to destroy something beautiful? Why work with the Order?” I asked him

 

“Destruction is my job now, Genevieve. I have to.” He said

 

“No Kevin, you don’t. It wasn’t always like this. You used to be good…Why turn against all of it?” I asked

 

His hesitation said everything. He looked past me again as I heard the crunch of leaves. Jade was back.

 

“I’m sorry, I have to get going.” Kevin said abruptly

 I said nothing, turning to watch him take off into the place where even the soft and beautiful light of the moon couldn’t touch.

There was no light where he was headed.  

 



© 2013 Alisha Heistand


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Short chapter, but really makes you wonder about Kevin's past. Really intriguing!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 8, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2013


Author

Alisha Heistand
Alisha Heistand

RI



About
I'm kinda like the quiet one nobody talks to except for once in a while...I guess. Or at least, I used to be So far in my 19 years of life, I've had 5 near-death experiences. I've made many frie.. more..

Writing
Silk Silk

A Poem by Alisha Heistand