Accident

Accident

A Chapter by Alisha Heistand

"So, what do we do with you now..." Kevin asked, more to himself than anything.

 "You have no business bothering my realm or my friends. Tell your little sources to leave me alone, Kevin." I said, getting angry.

 "Oh you and your false threats.."

Thats it.

I shot out of the chair faster than lightning, the force shoving it across the room and denting the back wall. Kevin was just as fast, coming away from the desk as quickly as I got to him.

"Aww, your eyes are black. Are you angry, Genevieve? Poor thing..." he said mockingly

"You just stay away from me, my friends, and my realm. Got it? Or do you need further clarification?"

"You're bluffing." he said

 "Try me." I said evenly

 "Or what? What are you gonna do? Hmm? Are you gonna beat me up? Are you gonna punch me in the face? Or do you have to go and ask Cassidy and the witches first?"

He just couldn't take a hint, could he?

I shoved him, and he now had his back against the wall. I got right in his face, trembling with anger. A sudden bleep from his office phone took his attention off me. His secretary was letting him know his next appointment was here early.

"Well, now. Isn't that a shame. It seems our time is up. Thank you for your time, Miss Madison." he said sarcastically

"Yes, it is a shame. Another time then, Mr. Starr." I said.

I turned back to him before opening the door. "You may want to clean up those broken pieces in the corner, there. It'd be a shame if you got hurt. Besides, it was an accident." I said falsely, going out with Kevin staring angrily after me. I quietly and quickly made my way to the train station without incident, containing my rage as much as possible. Kevin Starr wasn't going to get in my way; no one would. This was my realm, and I had to do anything and everything I could to protect the environment.

 

I was still livid when I got home. I unlocked the front door and walked into the quiet house, shutting the door behind me and bolting it. I went into my room and put my things away. In the midst of my silent yet angry mood, I saw one fact, clear as day and point blank. I would be going back to Boston. A false smile crossed my face. I loved thinking about what I would do to Kevin and his office once the opportunity presented itself. But I had to calm down; I knew Cassidy and the others needed me, and I didn't have time for Kevin right now. The trip had taken all day. It was 11:42 pm, and I lay in bed wide awake, still completely dressed. I had to come up with a strategy to figure out how to protect my realm, how to deal with Kevin, how to deal with the Order, and how to keep my composure through it all.

 A tap on my window brought me out of my dizzying thoughts. A second passed, and another tap followed.

 I didn't have time for this.

 I went to the back door to look out, just in case it was an Order recruit. A hooded figure saw me come outside, and it took off into the black night. But not before I saw the red insignia on the right side. It was a symbol of a flame, which meant this wasn't just a random person from the recruit.

 It was worse.

I ran after her.



© 2013 Alisha Heistand


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good work with this updated chapter. It seems to flow much more nicely than the original piece. The only critique I would say is that it's kind of short, but you could have written it that way. I just wanted to let you know my opinion.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alisha Heistand

11 Years Ago

Thank you!! Its not done yet though, I just wanted to put what's there before I forgot how I wanted .. read more
L. Catherine

11 Years Ago

Oh, we'll there's an option before you save a chapter that allows it to be saved but if it's not com.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 2, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2013


Author

Alisha Heistand
Alisha Heistand

RI



About
I'm kinda like the quiet one nobody talks to except for once in a while...I guess. Or at least, I used to be So far in my 19 years of life, I've had 5 near-death experiences. I've made many frie.. more..

Writing
Silk Silk

A Poem by Alisha Heistand





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5