Kevin

Kevin

A Chapter by Alisha Heistand

"Look, Genevieve, before you go off on m-"
I cut James off as I kicked his legs out from beneath him. I couldn't trust him. He'd already tried to kill me once before. There was absolutely no way I would get that close to him again. I was too suspicious. 
Coughing and out of breath, he got to his feet with a pleading look in those icy blue eyes. "Kevin sent me!" he shouted.
"You're lying." I said, and made another advance on him. He stood there and let me come closer, simply looking at me.
"If I were, would I let you kick my a*s so much? Wouldn't I just finish this? I told you, Kevin sent me. I have to bring you back with me to prepare for the fight with the Order." He reasoned.
"And what makes you think I'd trust you again or go anywhere with you?" I said as I narrowed my eyes
"Because Mike is waiting for you. Kevin had to find where you were hiding him from the Order. He's gone off on his own, he doesn't work for them anymore." he said.
They had Mike.
But that couldn't be true, I'd hidden him so well. And Kevin changed? This all sounded too good to be true.
"How am I supposed to know this isn't a trap?" I said as I watched him.
"I would've thrown you back into that hell hole by now, don't you think?" he said.
That much was true, I knew he would've done that. So he was being honest about that much.
So did I go with him?
As idiotic as it sounded, yes.
 
                                   *                          *                             *
 
The castle was huge. Outside, it looked like a meanacing fortress; one that a doomed soul would haunt. The front of it stood tall like a tower, as the rest of it was shorter. There were windows all around, old fashioned and still beautiful. The entire castle seemed to have a glow, like it was pulsing with life. I followed James inside and was impressed with the interior. Even though the back of the castle looked small from the outside, it was an underestimation. The foyer was decorated in standard royal colors- deep purple and blue. As the door closed behind us with a thud, Kevin Starr came out of one of the hallways leading out of the foyer. He nodded at James, who took off down a different hallway. Kevin came to my side and took my arm, silently leading me down the same hall he'd come from.
"Where's Mike?" I asked.
"He's gone out to check a few things, Genevieve. He'll be back in a few days." Kevin said.
I gave him a look.
"Oh, Genevieve don't worry, he's safe. Meanwhile, a few friends are here to see you. I'm glad you trusted James. Here, this way." he said.
He led me through a maze of twists and turns to an archway leading outside.
"You'll get to know your way around within a few hours, if I know you." Kevin said.
I smirked and went ahead of him and opened the doors to reveal a beautiful garden. Any ecologist or environmentalist would've been astounded. The garden was perfection; it had a whole array of beautiful flowers and exotic plants, all perfectly intact and healthy. The pathway was just dirt, aligned with small dandelions and roses the whole way. I walked the path, anxious to see whoever was on the other side.
"Kevin, it's....magnificent. Gorgeous. How did you ever find time to create this?" I asked wonderously.
He laughed. "You underestimate me."
I smiled. I liked his humor, even at this time.
Wait...Time. There wasn't much left until the shift and balance for my realm to the real world. Which included the fight with the Order and their recruits.
"Kevin, what time is it now?" I asked
"Just past 6:00, why?"
"I just needed to know. We need to be ready for the Order.." I stressed
"Don't worry, I've been taking care of that too." Kevin said seriously
"You do so much.." I trailed off as I smiled at the sight of the witches I worked for. They smiled and separated, revealing all the friends and colleagues I'd made, plus more. Some came forward as I recognized them from my early life, like preschool and elementary school. Others I had asked for help for finding information about the governor's factory. Of these included Mrs. Pierce, the librarian. At the sight of her, I remembered the folder still beneath my shirt. I remembered my appearance, most likely full of dirt and leaves from the pit. Then the crowd separated to reveal the most beautiful brown eyed doe.
Cassidy.
Behind her were what I assumed to be her family and friends, as all the animals stood or sat behind her.
I still wasn't sure if the factory I had saw was truly a reality or a nightmare.
I couldn't believe the army I had.
 
 


© 2013 Alisha Heistand


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on August 4, 2013


Author

Alisha Heistand
Alisha Heistand

RI



About
I'm kinda like the quiet one nobody talks to except for once in a while...I guess. Or at least, I used to be So far in my 19 years of life, I've had 5 near-death experiences. I've made many frie.. more..

Writing
Silk Silk

A Poem by Alisha Heistand