Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Shawna

CHAPTER 8:
ALANA:
I pulled on my Converse and checked myself in the mirror of Andy's bathroom. I had to admit: I looked good. Andy was taking me out to dinner when he got home from the signing. He had invited me, but I needed to stay home and shower. And clean. The guys had been over the night before, leaving the place a mess. 
After brushing my teeth, I headed out into the living room to watch TV. There was a knock at the door. I wasn't sure who it could be. It had to be someone Andy knew; I didn't know anyone besides his friends. Then, I thought it might be Juliet. I really didn't want to fight with her. I debated answering for several long seconds. 
Finally, with a big sigh, I got up and went to get the door. Joseph was on the other side. "What are you doing here?" I asked him, shocked. He had cut his hair, so that it was now just below his ears. He was wearing an old Motley Crue shirt that I'd given him ages ago. 
"I want you to come back home," he said. He crossed his arms over his chest and frowned at me. "Please, A."
I motioned for him to come inside. "How'd you find me?"
"I asked around; it wasn't that hard." Joseph perched on the arm of the sofa. "Is Andy here?"
"No," I replied as I closed the door. "You came all the way out to California just to tell me to come home?"
"A, I miss you. I don't trust Andy."
I sighed. "You don't even know him."
Joseph stood. "Neither do you. You met him, what, a month ago?"
"Jo, please don't do this."
"Do what? Care about you? If I don't look out for you, who's going to?" Joseph was almost yelling at this point. 
"I can take care of myself! I got this far, didn't I?"
Jo grabbed my arm and started pulling me toward the door. "You're coming home with me," he said. I tried to pull away, but his grip was too tight.
"No, I'm not!"
Then, the door opened and Andy was staring at us. I think it took him a second to realize what was happening. "Hey, let go of her," he told Joseph.
"She's coming home with me," Jo replied sternly.
"Is that what you want?" Andy asked me. He seemed hurt.
Finally, I was able to jerk my wrist from Joseph's grasp. It hurt from how hard he'd gripped it. "No. I want to stay here," I told Andy.
"Then you need to leave," said Andy, turning back to Jo.
"Ugh!" Joseph threw his hands up and left, slamming the door behind him.
JOSEPH:
I stormed out of Andy's house, back in the direction of the hotel I was staying at. It was only a couple blocks away, but now it was raining. Not that the rain bothered me much; I just felt like the universe was mocking me. Ducking into an antique store, I almost ran into a woman who was leaving.
"I'm sorry!" I exclaimed.
The girl had long, light brown hair. She had rings on all her fingers and a nose ring. She was wearing tights, a long, loose-fitting Skid Row shirt and cowboy boots. "No, I'm sorry," she said. "I didn't see you there." 
"My name's Jo," I said, holding my hand out for her to shake. "Well, it's actually Joseph."
She smiled and took my hand. "I'm Juliet."
"Can I buy you a coffee?" 
"I'm actually on my way to the studio, but you can come if you want." 
I grinned. "Okay." Studio? Was she...Andy's Juliet? This was too perfect.
ANDY:
"I'm sorry about Joseph," Alana said when we had finally made it to dinner. She looked amazing as always, in her band tee and Converse. 
I smiled and took a sip of my water. "It's alright," I said. "It's not your fault. Anway, I know he's just trying to look out for you."
"Yeah, but I can take care of myself," Alana said a little defensively.
"Honey, I know that. I'm just saying that I see where Joseph is coming from. Even if he does hate my guts."
"I don't understand why you're taking up for him. He wouldn't do that for you." 
"He and I are totally different people, Alana."
Alana sighed and stood. "I'm going to the bathroom." She was clearly mad at me, though I wasn't sure why. What had I done? Women, I thought. I'll never understand them.
ALANA:
In the bathroom, I washed my hands just to have something to do. I didn't want to go back out there with Andy yet. I hadn't meant to get angry with him; I was angry with myself. I knew that Joseph was just trying to do what was best for me, but I also thought Andy was what was best for me. Either way I would lose someone. And I really didn't want to lose anyone. I had hoped that after a while, Joseph would come around and let me be with Andy. Maybe they could even have become friends. But no, I knew that would never happen. I would always have to choose. And I was sick of it.
My phone rang, scaring me out of my thoughts. The caller-ID said Joseph. Taking a deep breath, I answered. "Hello?"
"Alana!" he said. I could immediately tell he was drunk.
"Joseph, what is it?" 
"Guess who I'm with!"
"Who?"
"Juliet! Tell Andy we said hi!" Click. Why would Joseph be hanging out with Juliet? Unless they had a plan to break Andy and I up. That seemed like the perfect explanation to me. Though I didn't like thinking Joseph would do something like that to me, I knew how he felt and I knew he would do whatever it took. Now I just had to decide what to do about it.


© 2014 Shawna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on April 28, 2014
Last Updated on April 28, 2014
Tags: andy biersack, fanfiction, love, romance, hurt, dark


Author

Shawna
Shawna

Newland, NC



About
I'm an Atheist. I don't believe in God, but I do believe in aliens. I love music. My favorite bands are Asking Alexandria, HIM, Black Veil Brides, Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce the Veil, Picture Me.. more..

Writing
Prologue (Sort Of) Prologue (Sort Of)

A Chapter by Shawna


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Shawna


Infected Infected

A Book by Shawna