Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by Shawna

CHAPTER 15:
ALANA:
That night, we were all sitting around the dinner table. Needless to say, it was awkward. When my dad and step-mom, Kendra, weren't paying attention, Bryson was making obscene gestures. And, since we were beside one another, he kept putting his hand on my thigh, no matter how many times I swatted it away. 
"So, Alana," my father said. "How do you like your room?"
"It's great," I replied quietly. "When do I start school?" God knew I didn't want to stay at home with Kendra all day. Even though I hated school and everyone there, and I had a feeling this place was going to be no different than North Carolina.
"Tomorrow," Kendra said with a smile. "You're not wearing that, are you?"
"Kendra," my father said. 
And it begins, I thought. "Yeah, why?" I asked. "Don't you like Pierce the Veil?" I pointed to my shirt. 
Bryson whispered, "I'd like to pierce your veil."
I nearly choked on my bite of lasagna. Yeah, what he'd just said was too corny, but it made me uncomfortable. Apparently, neither of our parents had heard, either. "Pierce the Veil?" Kendra asked skeptically. "I'm just going to come right out and say it." I raised an eyebrow. I had a feeling I knew where this was going. "You're not some devil worshiper, are you?" My father sighed and put his face in his hand. "What? Gerald, we have the right to know who's living in our house."
"It's fine," I said. "No, I don't worship Satan. But thank you for asking. I'm really tired. Can I go to bed?"
"Yes, that's fine," my father said.
I stood and went upstairs.
The next morning, I woke up feeling rejuvinated. Sure, I was living at my father's house now, and his wife didn't really like me. And her son liked me a little too much. And Andy didn't want me anymore, and I all I had to my name could fit in one measley bag. But I was feeling positive for once in a long while. School was sure to be Hell, but I was up for it.
Until Bryson came into my room. Without knocking. I had just taken my shirt off, so I was in a bra and night shorts. I covered myself with my shirt. Instead of acting like a normal brother and leaving me and apologizing, Bryson entered my room and closed the door after him. 
"Looking good, sis," Bryson said, leaning back against the door. "Oh, please. Don't cover yourself on my part."
I sighed, but didn't move. "What do you want?" I asked him.
"Unfortunately, what I want, we can't do. Parents are home."
"Not like I'd do that with you anyway."
Bryson smiled like he knew something I didn't. "I just came to tell you that I'll drive you to school."
I took a second to think about that. Ride with Bryson, who kept putting his hands all over me? Or walk and possibly get lost? "Fine," I told him. "Now get out."
"So unappreciative." Bryson smirked and left, shutting the door behind him.
Finally, I got dressed. I was wearing a Miss Fortune shirt that hung off one shoulder, ripped black skinny jeans and black high-top Converse. My black hair hung loosely around my shoulders and I had only put on a little eyeliner and mascara. I had to admit, I looked about as good as I felt. That was saying something. 
Joseph was still lingering at the back of my mind, along with Andy and everything that had happened in California. My mom was back there, filed under 'Don't Think About.' Oh, well. All that stuff was over, and I had to focus on the now. On making Kendra like me, or maybe not. On making Bryson leave me alone. On winning the love of my father again. And on getting through my last year of high school.
Bryson's vehicle of choice was a big yellow Hummer. Rap music was blasting, the bass humming through my feet when I stepped outside. I got in the passenger seat and Bryson winked at me; I couldn't help but smile. I mentally slapped myself as we sped down the highway toward school.


© 2014 Shawna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on April 28, 2014
Last Updated on April 28, 2014
Tags: andy biersack, fanfiction, love, romance, hurt, dark


Author

Shawna
Shawna

Newland, NC



About
I'm an Atheist. I don't believe in God, but I do believe in aliens. I love music. My favorite bands are Asking Alexandria, HIM, Black Veil Brides, Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce the Veil, Picture Me.. more..

Writing
Prologue (Sort Of) Prologue (Sort Of)

A Chapter by Shawna


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Shawna


Infected Infected

A Book by Shawna