Chapter Fourteen: This Moment

Chapter Fourteen: This Moment

A Chapter by Karli
"

Chapter Fourteen of Hold Your Peace ! :)

"

    I slept peacefully that night, not having to worry about Kimmy or Laurel. They were honestly my best friends, and I hated keeping this from them. Even if they found out about what happened, they couldn't understand it. What made it even worse, both Laurel and Mark could understand better than Kimmy. My own sister didn't get it.

    The next evening Ryan showed up at my doorstep. We'd planned it last night, and I was more than excited. I didn't exactly know where I stood with Ryan at the moment, but I certainly didn't care. Rachel hadn't even entered my mind all day long.

    I informed Mark about this plan. He agreed to take Kimmy and Laurel out for a little while, not informing them of my secret plans. If they asked, he'd tell them I was sick.

    A knock sounded at the door around seven. I happily answered, and hugged him with relief. No matter what, I loved him with all my heart.

    "Let's go up to my room." I lead him up the stairs and into my room. We sat together in the middle of my bed.

    "So, about last night," he stared at my bed. "Honestly, I'm glad it happened. I think it was meant to happen."

    "I do, too." I nodded.

    "The only problem is Rachel." he ran a finger through his hair. "She's got me on such a tight leash, and honestly, I'm so confused."

    "Tell her the truth." I sighed and took one of his hands. "As much as she'll hate us for it, she'll understand."

    "Erin." he tightened his grip on my hands. "I want you to know that I love you, and I'm not afraid to do anything for you. I just have to get things sorted out."

    "I understand." I leaned over to kiss his cheek. "I'm willing to deal with that."

    "I love you." He grinned and kissed me.

    My life was ninety-nine percent perfect.

    "So, what do we do?" I pulled back.

    "I think, just for this moment, we should not worry about it." he suggested. "We can worry about it tomorrow."

    "Sounds perfect." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him again.

    We lied down on my bed, our kissing not stopping. Our arms held on tightly as they held each other. We didn't worry about anything, or anyone. No one else existed. Rachel had never come into the picture.

    In my mind, this lasted forever. We were madly in love, and no one could stop us now. If Kimmy really wanted to object, screw her. I knew Laurel and Mark were on my side, and I loved them for it.

    He was mine. For this moment, we forgot the world, and enjoyed each other. Once again, he smelled of coffee. I don't remember a time he didn't and I loved it. I felt so secure and protected, my short, five foot four body pressed against his six foot one self.

    We ruled the world.

 

    A few hours later, I was curled up next to Ryan still. We just lied there, enjoying each other's company. Music was on, but we payed no attention. Every few moments, I'd scoot up to kiss him, or he'd lean down to kiss me. His beautiful, warm, brown eyes  were just breathtaking easpecially during a moment like this.  

    Interrupting my moment of pure bliss, the trio arrived home. 

    "Wait here." I reluctantly removed myself from Ryan's arms and walked downstairs, trying to act natural.

    "Hey," Laurel came up to hug me. "We came home to see if you wanted to come to a movie with us. If you're too sick, that's okay. We'll bring you a soft pretzel."

    "Thanks," I offered gratitude. "My stomach hurts really bad, though. I'll just stay here."

    "You sure?" Kimmy pouted.

    "I'm sure. I'll come next time." I promised.

    "We'll see you later." Laurel hugged me goodbye. Mark winked as he shut the door.

    "Sorry about that." I apologized, shutting my door and resuming my position in Ryan's arms. "Mark's covering for me."

    "I want to stay like this forever." he whispered softly, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

    "We can stay like this for as long as you want." I snuggled closer to him.

    As much as I enjoyed this moment, I couldn't deny that some serious drama was going to go down really soon.



© 2011 Karli


Author's Note

Karli
I'm getting sort of near the end:) Anyways, this chapter isn't supposed to have much drama in it. Most of the intense drama comes later. Feedback is really appreciated:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovers! :D Can't wait for the next chapter!!!! I'm getting so close to the end, and I don't want this book to end!!! :P

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Added on February 6, 2011
Last Updated on February 6, 2011


Author

Karli
Karli

About
My name is Karli. Jesus. Youth Ministry. Europe. "He has told you what is good...do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."-Micah 6:8. more..

Writing