Chapter Seventeen: Photograph

Chapter Seventeen: Photograph

A Chapter by Karli
"

Chapter Seventeen of Hold Your Peace

"

    It was killing me. I missed Ryan so much. The way he smiled, his laugh, his eyes, everything about him. There wasn't a man like him out there. I wanted him back, but my heart was too big to do something like that to even the worst of my enemies.

    I sat in my room, bawling my eyes out. I'd used up every tissue found in my house, and resorted to using toilet paper.

    A picture frame was sitting on my dresser. The picture held Ryan and I, on our first date. His arms were around me, and I was holding the oversized teddy bear he had won for me at one of the games. I honestly fell in love with him that night, and that loved had never died.

    The picture behind it was one on our three year anniversary. We had just gotten back from a concert, and I was on his back. I missed those days. They were so care-free, and I'd never worried about losing him.

    He truly was my soul mate. The bond we shared was unbreakable, even now. No matter who he married, he'd always have that bond with me. We'd always love each other, and it hurt to know that.

    I just couldn't do this to Rachel.

    "Kimmy," I set the picture down and entered my sister's room. She was lying on her back, watching a movie. Her feet and hands were swollen from pregnancy, and her stomach looked as if I'd stuffed a basketball up her shirt. "My heart is broken."

    "Come here." she made room for me in her bed. I gave her a huge hug, crying tears onto her shoulder. "I won't even say 'I told you so'."

    "This whole thing is just so confusing." I hid my face in a pillow. "I want to be with Ryan so badly, but I can't just steal another woman's man."

    "That's it, Erin." she sat up and grabbed her cell phone. "I'm calling Laurel and we're going to get you through this."

 

 

    An hour later, I found myself sitting on the floor of my living room in a circle with Kimmy and Laurel. We were feasting on ice cream, Pringles, gummy worms, and sour punch straws, washing it down with ginger ale.

   "Tell me the best time you've ever had with Ryan." Laurel ordered, grabbing one of my Pringles.

    "There's too many." I refused to even try to sift through my library of memories.

    "Name one." Kimmy suggested.

    "On our first date," I remembered. "He told me he wanted our first kiss to be really romantic and cliche, so he took me on the ferris wheel. The ferris wheel ended up breaking down, and we were stuck at the top. He told me he planned it, and kissed me. Later, we got kicked out, because he'd payed the guy who ran the ferris wheel to stop it at the top."

    "That's so sweet!" Kimmy squealed.

    "Yes, thank you for reminding me." I rolled my eyes.

    Their plan for helping me wasn't working. All we did was eat, watch romantic movies, and try to look back on all my good times with Ryan. All of these things made me cry more.

    Would I ever truly be over Ryan Drake?



© 2011 Karli


Author's Note

Karli
the end is coming soon:( I really love writing this book.
Anyways, I know this book is insanely boring. I just like writing it:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

NOT BORING!!!!! And I love Kimmy and Laurel, and how they have so many fun times together with Erin! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


boring?? no way!! its awesome!

Posted 13 Years Ago


:( I hope Erin and Ryan get back together.

And this isn't boring! Keep writing more please :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 6, 2011
Last Updated on February 6, 2011


Author

Karli
Karli

About
My name is Karli. Jesus. Youth Ministry. Europe. "He has told you what is good...do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."-Micah 6:8. more..

Writing