Return

Return

A Chapter by Minyonka

                                   "Scarlett," Darren called as I ran towards him.

 

I threw my arms around him, causing a loud crack to resonate.

 

"I thought you left," he said softly, rubbing my back.

 

"I saw the paintings. I couldn't stay away," I whispered.

 

"You went back home? That's why you were gone for a week and a half?"

 

I nodded.

 

"Where's Seto? Did anything happen?"

 

"Kaiba's in his office. He's been a little down since you left."

 

"What do you mean," I asked, stepping back to give my brother some room.

 

"I think he's missed you, though he hasn't said anything."

 

"Of course he wouldn't. He's stubborn as an ox," I retorted.

 

"I think it would do both of you some good if you let him know you're here."

 

I nodded and ran past Darren, taking the stairs all the way up. I made it to the top floor faster than the elevator could. I opened the office door, not bothering to knock, and walked in. Seto glanced up from his work and had to do a double-take.

 

"Scarlett," he said in shock.

 

He stood up and walked around the desk, his eyes wide. I ran forward and wrapped my arms around him, careful not to hurt him. Seto was in shock for a moment before he wrapped his arms around my back.

 

"I thought you left," he said.

 

"I came back," I answered, pulling away.

 

"Your brother said you left without warning."

 

"I did. I didn't think I'd come back, but I was wrong. I went home, to clear my mind. I needed to make a tough decision."

 

"On what?"

 

"This," I answered and leaned forward, pressing my lips to Seto's.

 

He didn't move at first, obviously caught off guard, but soon relaxed. I pulled away and smiled up at him, looking him straight in the eyes.

 

"Are you always so bold," Seto asked with a smirk.

 

I laughed.

 

"You know you like it," I answered, a grin on my face.

 

I realized a second later that my fangs were showing. Seto was completely unaffected by it.

 

"Why did you come back," he asked seriously.

 

"I realized I couldn't bear to lose you and I knew that if I wasn't here, you'd die. I didn't want to believe that at first, but I finally figured it all out."

 

"And what did you figure out?"

 

"Something Darren already knew; that I love you. I'm too stubborn for my own good," I explained shrugging with my last sentence.

 

"I guess it fits, though, because you're stubborn too," I added with a smile.

 

Seto chuckled and my eyes widened slightly. I had never heard him laugh the whole three months I resided in Kaiba Corp.

 

"So, you're okay with me being a vampire," I asked.

 

"That doesn't make a difference," he answered.

 

The door behind me opened and someone walked in.

 

"Scarlett, you're back," Mokuba exclaimed.

 

I turned around and smiled.

 

"That's right," I answered. "Well, Seto, I'm going to go back downstairs with Darren. I"m sure he has a lot to tell me."

 

I walked out of the office and took the elevator down to the apartment I was once again sharing with my brother.

 

"Darren, I called when I entered the living room.

 

"I'm in the bedroom. I'm a little boxed in at the moment," he answered.

 

I walked into the back room and saw Darren sitting on the bed. He was surrounded by hundreds of papers.

 

"What is all this," I asked, looking around.

 

I picked up a sheet and groaned. It was a page of events yet to come. Whenever Darren couldn't paint out his visions, he would write them out, in full detail.

 

"More visions," I muttered.

 

"A lot more. Some of them don't have anything to do with each other, but I needed to put them somewhere."

 

"Taking up too much space in your memory banks?"

 

"This is serious, Scarlett. I can't tell what's connected and what isn't. I'm only getting bits and pieces of a picture. It's like trying to identify a song when given one note," Darren answered, using an analogy he knew I'd understand.

 

My joking mood quickly evaporated.

 

"So you don't know what will happen? You just know the smallest glimpse," I asked.

 

"Exactly."

 

"Why am I afraid now?"

 

"Because I saw this glimpse."

 

Darren handed me a sheet of paper that was next to him. I read through the short vision and started trembling. The paper read, 'Kaiba covered in blood, in pain. He had a cut across his stomach, soaking his clothes. Scarlett screaming.'

 

"No," I whispered.



© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on November 26, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka