Save You

Save You

A Chapter by Minyonka

I stared at Seto in shock. I could hardly believe my ears. He wanted to become a vampire, like us, after everything he’d witnessed. It was unbelievable.

 

“You heard me,” Seto answered and my jaw dropped.

 

I shook my head slowly.

 

“Seto, have you lost your ever-loving mind,” I asked.

 

He stared at me seriously, unwavering. Dmitri chuckled again.

 

“What an unexpected turn of events? This changed everything. If we have your word that this human will be a vampire, then I will leave without anymore struggle After all, he was the only one whose thoughts had anything to do with our kind,” he explained.

 

I couldn’t think of a response. On one hand, I wanted nothing more than for Dmitri to leave. On the other hand, I knew Seto didn’t have a clue what he was getting himself into with this. I shook my head, frustrated. I didn’t know what to do.

 

“You have my word,” Darren said and I jerked my head around to look at him.

 

He had released Dmitri, who just stood where he was.

 

“I need you both to agree. If not, how can I be sure Miss Moreene won’t convince you to go against the Volturi?”

 

“I don’t know,” I mumbled.

 

“Just agree to it, Scarlett,” my brother answered.

 

I looked into his amethyst eyes before slowly nodding my head with a sigh.

 

“Alright. He’ll become a vampire.”

 

“We’ll check up on you,” Dmitri answered with a smirk.

 

He walked past me and picked up his cloak. He then left the apartment as if nothing had happened. I wanted to punch something. My eyes stung as angry tears formed and I balled my hand into a fist. I turned around and faced Seto.

 

“Why,” I asked.

 

I pressed my forehead against his shoulders and hit his chest with my fist. The tears spilled from my eyes and landed on his shirt. I grabbed onto Seto’s white coat as I silently sobbed into his chest. I had never wanted for Seto to have to endure the pain I did. On top of that, he had Mokuba and the company. I could never ask him to give those up, especially not Mokuba.

 

“Why did you have to say that, Seto? Do you have any idea what you’ll be putting yourself through,” I asked.

 

He didn’t answer and Darren remained in the spot he was standing. It was silent but for my quiet sobs. Seto wrapped his arms around me and pressed on hand on the back of my neck.

 

I’m returning the favor,’ he answered mentally.

 

I looked up at him in surprise, causing his hand to fall from the base of my neck to my lower back. Could he be serious? He wanted to become like me to show how he loved me?

 

“You don’t know, though. You’ll have to leave behind Mokuba and the company for at least three years. Otherwise, you could kill everyone,” I mumbled.

 

Knowing his presence was no longer needed, Darren left the apartment, probably on his way to find Mokuba. I leaned forward and pressed my lips to Seto’s. More tears flowed down my cheeks as Seto slowly responded. It was bittersweet. We pulled apart and I rested my head on his chest. I knew I would never feel like this for someone again, but I couldn’t stay. Seto had too much he’d be leaving behind if he were to become a vampire.

 

“Seto, you know I love you more than anything in this world, right,” I asked.

 

He simply nodded. I knew it was his way of saying he felt the same way. Knowing that only made this harder. I sighed before speaking again.

 

“Then, you understand why I’ll do what I’m going to.”

 

“What do you mean,” Seto asked.

 

“I can’t stay with you. I have to leave, no matter how much it hurts. I’m just not the right one for you. I love you so much, Seto, and that’s why I have to go. You’ll be better off without me,” I whispered.

 

Seto’s grip on me tightened, as if he would hold me where I was. I kissed him one final time before running off. This time, I wouldn’t be coming back. I couldn’t return, for Seto’s sake.



© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on December 6, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka