Just Might Have To

Just Might Have To

A Chapter by Minyonka

I could hear the elevator from where I was and it stopped on the seventh floor. I ran out of the room before anyone else could move and bolted up the stairs. I made it to the seventh floor just as Seto stepped out of the elevator. I grabbed him by his arm and pulled him into his apartment, where I knew Mokuba was. I slammed the front door shut and locked it. I pulled Seto into Mokuba’s room, where I had heard his heartbeat, and locked that door as well. All of this happened in the course of just a few seconds.

 

“Which of you two just thought about vampires,” I demanded.

 

Both of the Kaiba brothers just stared at me.

 

“We don’t have time for you guts to be stunned. Just answer me,” I yelled, panic trying to make me its prey.

 

“I was reading,” Mokuba answered.

 

He still had his book from Christmas, a book on dragons, in his hands. I turned my attention to Seto and groaned.

 

“Seto, I just told you not to think about us.”

 

“In his defense, it’s pretty hard to not think of something,” Mokuba stated.

 

I could hear Dmitri on his way up the stairs and knew Darren was trying to hold him back.

 

“How bad is it,” Seto asked.

 

“Oh, not that bad, considering you’re going to die within the next five minutes,” I yelled.

 

That’s when Seto froze. His eyes widened and I could hear his heart racing. He feared for his life, and with good reason. In the next moment, I heard a crash from the living room.

 

“Dmitri, stop,” Darren yelled.

 

I then heard him grunt in pain, followed by another crash. Seto and Mokuba looked at me.

 

“What’s going on,” Mokuba asked.

 

“Darren’s trying to reason with Dmitri,” I answered.

 

“Can’t we escape? I mean, you can run inhumanly fast.”

 

“Not faster than Dmitri and not with two people weighing me down.”

 

I bit my lower lip, unsure what to do. I knew I needed to keep Seto and Mokuba safe, but I didn’t know how. My hand balled into a fist as I heard more crashes from the other room.

 

“Mokuba, you have to escape,” Seto said and I looked up in surprise.

 

“Are you crazy? He can’t outrun Dmitri,” I yelled.

 

I then saw Mokuba run towards his nightstand and push it aside. There was a small door, big enough for him to crawl through. Mokuba glanced back at Seto, who nodded in return. I watched as the teenage boy disappeared behind the door and Seto pushed the nightstand back into place. There was then a ripping sound from behind hime and I knew Dmitri had torn the bedroom door off its hinges. I darted across the room and stood before Seto. He had an awestruck expression on his face while I crouched in front of him, ready to defend his life. I knew I was now going through with Darren’s vision. Seto would either die now or I’d save him. I was determined to make it the latter.

 

“Step aside, Miss Moreene,” Dmitri ordered in a calm tone.

 

“In your dreams,” I answered, a low growl rumbling in my chest.

 

“Your feelings for him are irrational. You know he’ll die while you stay young forever.”

 

“I won’t let him die by your hands, or by any other vampire for that matter.”

 

“Think logically for a moment. You can’t possibly keep him forever.”

 

“I don’t care! I love him!”

 

“Am I going to have to destroy you in order to make you see the error of your ways?!”

 

“You just might have to, Dmitri,” I answered darkly.



© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on December 6, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka