Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by Minyonka

Darren and I left that day, two years ago. We had left no trace that we had ever lived in Kaiba Corp. In fact, the only thing we couldn’t repair was the damage from our fight with Dmitri. At least, that was the only physical thing we couldn’t keep from showing we’d existed. We couldn’t fix the hearts we had touched, or the constant ache in my chest. I had never wanted to leave, but I couldn’t bear to put Seto through anymore danger. I couldn’t allow myself to do the same to Mokuba, either. I swore to myself I would never return, that I would never come into their lives again.

 

Yet, there I was, standing just twenty feet behind Seto, hiding behind a tree in the woods I used to hunt in. I let a silent sigh escape my lips as I watched him. He was just staring up through the canopy. The sun shone brightly through the branches, leaving little blotches over the thin layer of snow on the ground. I wanted so badly to know what he was thinking. I heard him mumble my name a few times before. He obviously remembered me. I took a deep breath and stepped forward, into the clearing.

 

“Seto,” I whispered softly.

 

He whipped around and stared at me in shock.

 

“Scarlett? Is it really you,” he asked.

 

“If you tell me you’ve been having hallucinations, I’m gong to feel terrible… How have you been, Seto?”

 

“I’m out here. What does that tell you?”

 

I sighed. He’d missed me, a lot, and I knew it.

 

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled.

 

“Why are you here,” Seto asked after a moment.

 

“I just can’t stay away from you. You don’t know how sorry I am for leaving you, how much I’ve missed you, how much I longed to see you again. I’m done running away.”

 

Seto walked up to me and stared into my eyes.

 

“Do you still love me,” I asked.

 

Seto’s lips came down on mine as his arms wrapped around me. I rested my hands on his shoulders as the kiss deepened. Every emotion we’d both been feeling was intensified; love, longing, sorrow, pain. It all came out. When we finally pulled apart, I placed my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

 

“What I said to Dmitri still stands firm,” Seto said after a few minutes of silence.

 

“Really,” I asked and he nodded.

 

I closed my eyes and listened in the stillness. It would be the last time I would hear his heart beating. After a few minutes, I moved my head until my lips brushed against the base of his neck. I sank my fangs into his skin and felt his muscles tighten as he tried not to cry out in pain. With that, we began Seto’s new life, together.



© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on December 6, 2008


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka