Alternate Ending

Alternate Ending

A Chapter by Minyonka
"

This is just an ending that a friend of mine came up and I wrote out (seeing as she's not much of a writer but has GREAT ideas... She's ususally my co-author). So, enjoy the alternate ending.

"

It had been two years since that day, since Dmitri attacked Kaiba Corp. Darren and I left that day, leaving behind very little evidence of our existence. The only thing we couldn’t change, physically, was the damage done to the building from our fight. Of course, there were some things that just couldn’t be erased, like the lives we touched and the hearts we broke, mine included. However, I swore never to return and I’d kept that promise for the past two years. I couldn’t return to Domino City so longs as Seto and Mokuba were there.

I sighed as I walked through Darren’s art room. Outside, it was snowing but I couldn’t bring myself to watch it. As much as I adored the snowfall of the woods, I missed the view from Seto’s office window. I shook my head, cutting off my thoughts. I sighed again as I went to the back of the art room. I was all alone in the house. Darren had left the week before to take care of some things. I didn’t question it. After all, he was older than me and fully capable of taking care of himself. I liked the time alone, though. It allowed me to think without Darren’s concerned glances. He worried about my stability, and I knew it.

I opened the closet in the very back of the art room and found five pieces of artwork. One was of Serephine. She was drawn soon after Darren was turned. The second picture was of me. It was a before and after shot. It was strange to compare the subtle differences. There was a third picture, of a beautiful woman Darren had gotten close to about fifty years ago. Her name was Celeste and he loved her as much as I loved Seto. Unfortunately, she died in a terrible accident. There was nothing that could have been done for her. The last two drawings made me stop. One of was of Mokuba that Christmas Day we had spent together. The final picture was of Seto and me. We both had our eyes closed. Seto was asleep and it appeared as though I was as well. I sighed and put the drawings back. That closet was the place Darren kept the drawings of the people he was closest to. They were his prized possessions. As I shut the closet back up, I heard a light knock on the art room door.

“You don’t need to knock, Darren. It is your room,” I mumbled.

“I wasn’t sure if you wanted to be alone,” my brother answered.

I shrugged my shoulders and turned to face him. He probably could have seen the sorrow in my amethyst eyes.

“It doesn’t matter much, does it?”

Darren walked across the room and stood beside me. He opened the closet door and looked through his work.

“You miss them, don’t you,” he asked.

“I guess so.”

Darren glanced at me skeptically before looking back at the artwork. He picked up the picture of Seto and me first.

“You were so happy,” he mumbled.

I stared at the picture and sighed. I did look happy, very different than how I behaved now.

“What did you feel like… when you lost Celeste,” I asked after a moment.

There was a slightly saddened expression on my brother’s face at the mention of the beautiful red haired woman.

“A lot like how you’re feeling now.”

I nodded in understanding. Silence enveloped the room again. I could hear the hearts of every animal around our house.

“Scarlett, be honest. Do you miss them,” Darren asked.

“Yeah.”

Darren draped one arm over my shoulders.

“Do you still love him?”

I froze. I’d known I’d missed Seto more than anything in the world. I never admitted to myself that I still loved him, though. I knew that admitting that would just break my heart even more. However, I nodded my head as tears brimmed my eyes.

“As much as you loved Celeste,” I whispered.

I looked up at my brother and saw the softness in his eyes. He pulled me into a tight, comforting hug. He pulled away before my tears could fall, though. With one arm still over my shoulders, he led me across the room.

“I’m glad to hear it. I wouldn’t want to go to all that trouble for nothing,” Darren said with a slight smirk.

I jerked my head up at him, wide-eyed.

“You didn’t.”

I stepped into the hallway and saw Seto standing by the door.

“Seto,” I whispered and threw my arms around him, the tears finally spilling down my cheeks.

I could feel his arms around me, feel his warmth, and hear his heartbeat. I just cried into his chest and he remained still.

“Why are you here,” I asked after a minute.

I still hadn’t let go of Seto. I couldn’t let him go again. His arms tightened around me and I knew his answer in that simple gesture. He came because I needed him, and he knew it. I nodded in understanding.

“I’ve missed you so much,” I whispered.

Seto merely rested his chin on the top of my head. Darren walked away to give us time alone. I pulled away slightly, just enough to look up into his sapphire eyes.

“Seto, I-”

I was cut off by Seto’s lips on mine. My arms wrapped around his neck and I cried as we kissed. Every one of our emotions was intensified; love, longing, sorrow, pain. We pulled apart and I rested my head on his chest, just listening to his steady heartbeat.

“Don’t try to explain,” Seto mumbled.

There was silence between us again. I didn’t even breathe, afraid to ruin it. Finally, I spoke.

“Do you still want to become one of us,” I asked in a whisper that was just barely audible to him.

I still had my ear pressed against his heart. Seto nodded. I moved my head away from his chest and pressed my lips against the base of his neck. I placed a few feather-light kisses there before piercing his skin with my fangs. I felt his muscles tighten as he forced back a cry of pain. Once my venom had entered his bloodstream, I pulled away.

Three, two one,’  I counted down in my mind.

There was still no sound, aside from that of Seto forcing back his pained cries. He withstood it longer than I thought he would have. Finally, he cracked and fell to the floor, clutching his throat and screaming out. I kneeled beside him and wrapped my arms around him. All that was left to do was wait. In just three days, we would begin Seto’s new life, together.



© 2009 Minyonka


Author's Note

Minyonka
And that is the end. Hope anyone who actually bothered to read this enjoyed it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on January 30, 2009


Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka